- Your battle theme: "A Teenager In Love" by Dion & The Belmonts
This is some lame battle music. Like the song, but damn this does not get one's blood a-pumpin'...
- What you say when you start a fight: "Itooshii hito no tameni" by Satou Akemi (Fushigi Yuugi OP)
It sounds like it could fit a cheesy, over-dramatized battle based solely on the feeling of it. Looking at the lyrics it sorta works too, if you ignore the loves bit.
- What you say when you lose: "Hare Hare Yukai" by the female cast of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Damn I'm upbeat about losing. Is it because I don't lose very often and take it as a lesson to better myself, or does it mean that I lose so much I'm used to it by this point...?
- When you choose your starter: "St. Jimmy" by Green Day
Suppose it works.
- Your starter’s theme song (Oshawott - > Samurott): "Miss Murder" by AFI
Maybe if Samurott was a girl and I wasn't such a crappy trainer. xD
- When you catch your first wild Pokémon: "Agony" by KOTOKO (ED of a shoujo-ai anime I can't remember the name of nor ever watched.)
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. :/
- Second Pokémon’s theme song (Emboar): "Gomenasai" by T.A.T.U.
You may have lost some battles, Emboar, but I still love you. You haven't let me down buddy. ;-;
- When you win your first badge: "Have We Lost" by Flyleaf
...wut? It says we won the gym battle, I think the answer is pretty clear here.
- At a Pokémart/center (Since they combined them in BW ad that's the game I'm using for this): "When She Loved Me" by Sarah McLachlan (Toy Story 2 soundtrack)
It's not like I'm leaving my team there. Maybe if you apply it to the Mons I used temporarily or automatically stuck in the PC...oh Arceus now I feel horrible. ._.
- When you’re on a bike: "Threshold" by Sex Bob-Omb (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World)
I could bike to this. It wouldn't be very fitting for background music, since I'd be going slow and all, but I wouldn't mind listening to it myself.
- Catching a shiny: "Lay All Your Love On Me" by ABBA
This one works pretty well. I haven't caught a shiny since Gen III, so I'd be quite possessive of it.
- Third Pokémon’s theme song (Scrafty): "Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)" by The Offspring
Scrafty ain't white, he's red, yellow and orange.
- When you’re fighting your rival: "Blue Moon" by The Marcels
Um, my rivals didn't leave me alone. They were constantly pestering me to battle them. :/ Not that I minded, I liked the exp it brought in.
- When you meet the Team (Plasma): "Quid Pro Quo" by Howard Shore (The Silence of The Lambs soundtrack)
Maybe when I'm fighting Ghetsis, but not when dealing with the grunts, lol. Way too dramatic for those lightweights.
- Fourth Pokémon’s theme song (Sigilyph): "It Will All Be Mine" by Darren Dustan (Pokémon Live! soundtrack, Giovanni's image song)
Even ignoring the Giovanni and Mecha Mewtwo bits, it still doesn't fit her. xD Unless she's hid her desire to conquer the world from me all this time. :o
- When you beat the Team’s Boss: "You're Still The One" by Shania Twain
Oh my, my iPod is quite the Ferriswheelshipping supporter~
- Fifth Pokémon’s theme song (Eelektross): "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban
If the "you" in this song refers to his Levitate ability, this is the best match up yet! XD
- When you beat the eighth gym: "The King Of The Golden Hall" by Howard Shore (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers soundtrack)
Epic, great lead in to heading off to Victory Road.
- When you catch the Legendary (Zekrom): "Halo" by Beyoncé
...godammit, I don't do Human x Pokémon pairings. :S
- Sixth Pokémon’s theme song (Haxorus): "Paradise Lost" by Hollywood Undead
Damn, I had no idea she had all these anger issues. She's always been so Jolly. >>
- Victory Road: "Dance Of The Dream Man" by Angelo Badalamenti (Twin Peaks soundtrack
It works in that we're sleuthing our way through the place I guess.
- Fighting the Elite Four: "All Hail Britannia!!!" by Koutarou Nakagawa (Code Geass OST 1)
Such tyrants they are! Except we've in Unova, not Britannia...
- Beating the Champ: "Number One" by Hazel Fernades (Bleach OST)
Holy fuck, I take back what I said about Eelektross's theme. This one is the best match-up, hands down. Maybe my iPod wanted to make up to me for that awkward "Halo" suggestion earlier.
- Credits: "Sailor Star Song" by Kae Hanazawa (Sailor Stars OP)
Nice way to wrap up things.