Fun and Games Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Fun and Games Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fun and Games Related Chat, Questions and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    TG isn't specifically a Random Messages thread though. People are free to post random messages as long as they're coherent or they contribute to the chat in some way
    If it's random then how is it supposed to contribute?
    They can easily be used to spark a new conversation by posting something unexpected that will catch people's attention.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbadon View Post
    TG isn't what it was originally advertised to be. Faaaar from it.
    How so? I think it gives freedom to people to talk about what they want and to have a bit of fun. People can make random posts, provided they aren't just pure spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellowaffle View Post
    I do suppose its a tad pointless to make this post but TiG has been rather dull whenever I lurked there.

Lately people have been discussing more about Pokemon Team Building rather than actually conversational topics.
    You're free to strike up another conversation at any time if the current topic doesn't suit your tastes ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    Tea in the Garden was supposed to be the Random thread like Random Messages was, I find its not nearly as random as the older RM threads I posted in. I dont really understand how Tea in the Garden is supposed to be different to be honest.
    TG isn't specifically a Random Messages thread though. People are free to post random messages as long as they're coherent or they contribute to the chat in some way
    No offense to ya of course, but 'striking up another conversation' is rather difficult when your blocked from the thread.

That's the reason I said it was a tad pointless to make my critique.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

The advice can be read by other people who can post in TiG and they'll consider it if they wish to, so I don't find how it's pointless to suggest something regarding threads here whether you can post or not.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

All right then, here is MY suggestion.

Look, TG/RM has always been what the posters made it be.

If people would post fun and interesting stuff, then the thread will be fun and interesting like it used to be. I remember the days of posting random kitty pictures all day on the thread and it was generally fun for all the members because it was random, funny, and to be quite frank, adorable. I remember when me and Thriller used to chat for ages about random stuff from politics to bass guitar. But that was fine since it only happened rarely.

I remember when the thread was spammed with Hypnotoad for a day back when GM was still around and Rainbow still was a RM regular.

Lately, me and Pyradox used to make quote pyramids to the annoyance of other users. I thought it was pretty funny and Pyra seemed to enjoy as well.

Its because it was such a silly and annoying activity it was hard to take anything seriously (Until we both got warnings for spamming)

or those countless days when CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL and everyone had to type in caps or they were uncool, cause caps IS cruise control for ze kewl.

Those were really fun days to be a member of that thread since it felt alive. It didn't feel stagnant or dull or uncreative, it was a seamless network of random input that all flowed together into one steady topic.

But then there was pretty notorious events that I shall not mention that certainly turned a few heads.

The notorious events sucked to make it short and I doubt any of us want to go back to the days when the scandals were so bad that even Evil Figment made announcements on them.

and Evil Figment was one scary mofo and I admit, I am still a tad intimidated by his avatar. (Does he still have that gif avatar thing where it zooms up on that muppet's face?)

Anyways point being, whenever I lurk the thread is generally lifeless and lacking synergy and randomness.

Milka is always talking about buying new Japanese junk (Body pillows, doll things), Ghetsis is admittedly getting better, I'm actually proud of him, but he used to just post nonstop pokemon competitive stuff and still occasionally does. Shiny Celebi is usually making small remarks on life or what the other two are talking about and the other posters aren't really frequent enough to be noted.

Abba is the only poster who actually keeps my attention for longer than ten seconds.

But hey, its not my place to judge what is fun for everybody else. I abused my privileges on the thread and I got banned so I feel silly for critiquing people that don't abuse their stuff but does the thread I described sound like worth posting in?

Or does it sound (Let's face it) dead?

If you enjoy stable, stagnant, regular, and often dull conversations, God bless. You have the tolerance level that I have yet to achieve.

But if you would rather have a fast paced, fun, and random thread like the original RM was designed for, then the posters aught to make some changes. They need to start talking to each other again and realize they don't always have to talk about Japenese stuff or Pokemon and its okay to have conversations about silly things.

Hell, this is a Pokemon forum.

/rant over

That's just my opinion on the thread.
    Last edited by Karma Kidd; 1st July 2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Shiny Celebi, TheCapsFan and Abba like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Baron Brixius On Twitter

It's just a fucking Pokemon forum, I don't care.

Seriously, I no longer give a fuck, since I can't post there.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Abba On Twitter Add Abba on Facebook Add Abba on Google+
    Follow Abba on Tumblr Visit Abba's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled Mocker View Post
    Abba is the only poster who actually keeps my attention for longer than ten seconds.
    Well, at least someone pays attention to what I post.

Anyways, as much as I like TG as it is, it isn't RM, and it never will be. I'm pretty sure that's one of the major problems with the thread.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I found it more of just a simple name change for the thread serving the purpose.

If it was named Random Messages, with the rules of TiG applied, would it make things different, regarding the issue about this "TiG is not RM"?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Abba On Twitter Add Abba on Facebook Add Abba on Google+
    Follow Abba on Tumblr Visit Abba's Youtube Channel

I believe it would help, although knowing that it's being renamed without any other difference would still be bad.

But yeah, RM with TG rules would be a good start.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

I agree. Random Messages is much better of a name.

I think a bit of old school wouldn't hurt anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by O5-7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled Mocker View Post
    Well, at least someone pays attention to what I post.

Anyways, as much as I like TG as it is, it isn't RM, and it never will be. I'm pretty sure that's one of the major problems with the thread.
    :P Only on a blue moon I pay attention to anyone besides myself.

And Akatosh of course, chief deity of the nine divines ya know?
    Shiny Celebi likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

What would change other than the name if we kept the same rules? It's not like we would limit any fun posts with the new rules.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    What would change other than the name if we kept the same rules? It's not like we would limit any fun posts with the new rules.
    Whether you choose to believe it or not, names have power.

Back then, people used to change their name whenever they would change their lifestyle.

Names have always held great power.

Though it would seem insignificant and meaningless at first, I am willing to bet that people will act differently even though only the name changed.

Who knows, I have been wrong before and I will continue to make mistakes due to my mortality but I think this is a good idea.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I meant to comment on why you thought the thread being renamed without any other changes was bad. XD

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    I meant to comment on why you thought the thread being renamed without any other changes was bad. XD
    Ah, my apologies.

That wasn't very gentleman like of me at all.

Once again, my apologies.

Perhaps Abba is referring to the rules of spamming and so called 'Pointless' posting.

For instance, in many cases a single picture can speak a volume of words in a playful conversation but you may get infracted because it was considered spam/pointless posting.

However, I would merely like to see a theme change. On the entry post there should be rainbows, unicorns, and silly humans getting eating by the mentioned unicorns who poop the rainbows.

But the true power has always laid it head in the user's lap. It will really require everyone to get in the joyful spirit for the symbolic name change/rule change to really get into effect.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

The symbolic name change back might help people do just that. It seems to me that when it turned into Tea in the Garden, people developed a different attitude regarding the thread and it caused some to lose interest. Thats just my take on it. The fact is, Random Messages was a huge incentive to attact people to Fun and Games. I myself would probably never post in Fun and Games had that thread not existed and it did have a large following that attracted a lot of people. It was a very fun thread where people could act silly and goofy and it was a more relaxed environment than most other threads on the whole forum. It seems to me if you want a conversational thread, theres the Conversational Chat thread in Outside the Box and other General chat threads in other sections, I think that the Random Messages/Tea Garden thread could be a relaxed, fun thread vs another chat thread.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 8th July 2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Karma Kidd and TheCapsFan like this.

Blog Entries

I see no problem in changing it back to RM if it means so much to people

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast