I’m hosting a tournament on the Bulbagarden Pokemon Online server on Sunday the 14th of October. The tournament will begin at 5 pm GMT time which is midday EST. Anybody who is there on the server at the time can participate and spectate matches. It would be helpful for people to post here saying that they will be there to get a gauge of numbers. The tournament will be decided on that day and all results will be updated on a Google Doc that everybody can access throughout the tournament. There will be no prizes for winning except bragging rights and a victory banner made by me.
The format will be a group stage where you play everybody in your group and the top x proceed to a knockout stage. You play once and get a point if you win. Joint points will be decided based on who beat who in the head to head. The numbers in each group are subject to change.
• Species Clause. A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
• All Pokemon that Smogon list as UBER are banned in addition to Drizzle and Swift Swin. Go to Smogon and see their 'Ban List' for further details. Genesect, the Therian forms and Keldeo are all allowed whilst Garchomp and Kyurem-B are banned.
• Soul Dew Clause. The item Soul Dew is banned in the OU environment.
• Self-KO Clause. Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.
• OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set
• Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
• Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
Only the winner need PM me on the server to confirm the result to avoid confusion.
To access the Bulbagarden server visit this thread Advanced Connection Change to PO
Please note that the date and time may be subject to change depending on potential entrants.
GrassTypeTrainer (Likely won't make it)