9th January 2010, 01:39 AM #1
Can I get an encore?
Pokemon Fight Club Rules
The Fight Club only has a couple of rules for making tournaments, but they're important, so please read them.
- The only people posting topics in this forum should be people administering tournaments. If you have a question, use the questions thread. Non-tournament (and non-administrative) threads will be deleted.
- For tournament creators: it's important for you to specify in your post the outline of your tournament. All of your rules (for instance, sleep clause, evasion clause, no ubers, or a UU tournament), how many participants you're seeking, a proposed date of the tournament, and any other conditions you can foresee should be mentioned in your initial post. We understand that things change but we are not looking for posts that say "looking to start a tourney, we'll decide if it's ou or uber later."
- Creators have the right to disqualify anyone for a rule violation in their tournament. Users who sign up and do not violate any rules may not be disqualified. Please be reasonable about this. The moderators don't want to arbitrate these kinds of disputes.
- Also, tournament creators, once someone signs up it's on you to keep them informed of any changes and remind them of the time/date of the tournament and all that. You're running this show, not the mods; it isn't our job to remind users of tournament dates. We will have a calendar thread for all scheduled tournaments (assuming users post in the calendar thread to notify mods.)
- If you register for a tournament and do not notify the owner of the tournament that you will not be able to compete ahead of time, you will be banned from participating in any tournaments for 3 months on Bulbagarden forums.
- Tournaments are allowed to be hosted on simulators such as Pokemon Online.
- Revealing a participants Pokemon, items, sets, strategy, or even giving hints for the duration of a tournament will not be tolerated at all and the offender will receive a 10 point infraction and will not be allowed to participate in any Bulbagarden tournaments for 6 months. This is your only warning. Repeat offenders will not be allowed to join any Bulbagarden tournament under ANY circumstance.
-If your tournament has not been active for over 14 days since the last post in the thread, it will be closed. PM/VM any of the Battle Center Moderators to put your tournament on hold ahead of time, or if you would like to perhaps try and start your tournament back up but give a valid reason.
For the people participating: it's really nice if you commit to a tournament and actually show up. Also, abide by the rules.
If you have any suggestions on how to make the Fight Club better, don't be afraid to contact us!
-evkl and the Bulbagarden staff
TOURNAMENT BRACKET CREATION
If you would like to create your own bracket, you can use Ton80, David Peter's Bracket Maker, or Challonge.
Last edited by Synthesis; 6th October 2012 at 05:04 PM.
10th February 2011, 02:26 PM #2
Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING! Colosseum Rules [UPDATED 10/27/10]
Updated with Bracket Creation.