Who is better as special defensive wall??

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Siris
  • 1 Post By King Eriandor
  • 1 Post By Siris
  • 1 Post By Siris
  • 1 Post By King Eriandor
  • 1 Post By Lord Clowncrete
  • 1 Post By jacob.doxey

Thread: Who is better as special defensive wall??

Default Who is better as special defensive wall??

Im using Spiritomb but i also have Snorlax, Dewgong, Milotic and Lapras who are also good and i will trade with my friend for Squirtle >>> Blastoise so which one of them is the best??? My team is very squishy and im also using Gardevoir and she also have very high Spec Defence but low health.
    My spiritomb's moves are: Sucker Punch, Taunt, Confuse Ray and Will O Wispp
    but i will prolly replace confuse ray. Nature Serious^^ holding Leftovers. Also, im investing most EV in HP and Special Defence (i never EV train properly)
    The rest of my team is very squishy except for Gliscor so yea. ALso im using her because of High defence too cos Gliscor isnt really that defensive.

Which one of those 6 is the best special defensive pokemon for my team? (im not playing competitively but sometimes against good players and some well knownn)

I can post the rest of my team but it's not finished.

Default Re: Who is better as special defensive wall??

Snorlax or Milotoc is Probobly your best bet on being able to tank special attacks. Milotic has better defenses in general, with access to recover, but just doesn't quite have the HP to really tank hits. With defenses of (95 / 75 / 125) (HP / Def / SDef) it can wall a plethora of attacks in the bw Metagame, but most Pokemon that use Grass of Electric attacks are specially offensive. Milotic is a good special wall, but has very poor offensive capabilities with a shallow offensive movepool.

Snorlax on the other hand, has defenses of ( 160 / 65 / 110 ) and boasts no reliable recovery other than rest. However, if you have Snorlax with curse, you maximize its offensive capability as well as increase its survivability. Unfortunately in this meta, there are a lot of Pokemon that uses move like Hi Jump Kick and Close Combat that can easily be rid of Snorlax in one fell swoop.

I would personally go with milotic because of overall defensive capabilities.
    Meli likes this.

Actually i forgot to say i picked Spiritomb because shes not really offensive and i only want her to Burn or poison etc plus Spiritomb has no weaknesses. But still dunno, i love Milotic too and Snorlax. I am using Healing Wish on Gardevoir and Trick Room on 2 of my pokemon

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Okay,
    I just need to point this out.
    My brain made the connection and now I need to say it:
    You're working on a party with milotic and spiritomb and your profile pic is cynthia.

Also for taunting and status effecting opponents I find crobat useful. His speed lets him taunt before getting taunted and his typing allows him to use toxic without getting synchronised. His fast and physical flying (try saying that five times fast) moves also make him a good match for the ever-so-irritating amoongus.

Now if you really want to bug opponents you get a gigalith to use sandstorm, toxic and stealth rock followed by a ferrothorn to leech seed.
    Meli likes this.

XD Yess actually i first noticed how powerful Spiritomb is when i first battled Cynthia. And i think its her second best pokemon after Garchomp. And i always liked Milotic too ^^ I kinda changed my team now cos im no longer using Gardevoir but i decided i will try Spiritomb and see how she works except now i still need 1 pokemon lol. I might post my team later and i know ferrothorn is probably like the best pokemon for setting up spikes leech seed and stealth rock he basically has everything but i dont like him really. At the same time i have no entry hazard on my team =_= I had Nidoqueen before with toxic spikes but also not using her any more. And cant really use gigalith cos my team is already super weak to water pokemon. Also i could use Crobat cos i have 0 flying types and poison types and i love poison pokemon lol^^ But dont know if he will fit my teamm.Thanks for your reply!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    XD Yess actually i first noticed how powerful Spiritomb is when i first battled Cynthia. And i think its her second best pokemon after Garchomp. And i always liked Milotic too ^^ I kinda changed my team now cos im no longer using Gardevoir but i decided i will try Spiritomb and see how she works except now i still need 1 pokemon lol. I might post my team later and i know ferrothorn is probably like the best pokemon for setting up spikes leech seed and stealth rock he basically has everything but i dont like him really. At the same time i have no entry hazard on my team =_= I had Nidoqueen before with toxic spikes but also not using her any more. And cant really use gigalith cos my team is already super weak to water pokemon. Also i could use Crobat cos i have 0 flying types and poison types and i love poison pokemon lol^^ But dont know if he will fit my teamm.Thanks for your reply!!
    If you want entry hazards, Jirachi can set up Stealth rock. Or Mew can Set up Stealth rock. It's not absolutely necessary to have, but it always helps. Spikes is nice, but the only entry hazard you most likely need is SR. There is also Hitmontop, Infernape, and Cradily.
    Meli likes this.

well im playing White now so stealth rock are no longer a TM. I will have to trade for these pokemon cos i can get only few to learn stealth rock by leveling or breeding. Idk..... Stealth rock kabutops would be nice ^^

Dwebble learns Stealth rock at level 24, and plus he has access to moves like shell smash along with the ability Sturdy.
    Meli likes this.

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

If you only have B/W entry hazard-ers ar harder to get your hands on.

In a pinch smeargle can focus sash/spore then set up hazards but with smeargle's stats it's really a last resort.

Ferrothorn has unmatched potential as a wall with ingrain, leech seed, and very VERY high defences.
    I'll show you what I mean once I upload my new battle video.

Edit: check out this Vid: I'm failing at first but my ferrothorn holds it's own against 3 pokemon

BV#61-84305-35983
    Last edited by King Eriandor; 21st June 2012 at 09:42 PM.
    Meli likes this.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you do go for a team utilizing hazards, then you can try a milotic with rest/ sleep talk/ scald / dragon tail. The idea is to use rest and activate marvel scale boosting your defense while milotic's spdef is sky high anyway. Then keep using sleep talk. Sleep talk may potentially choose scald which can again with some luck cripple a mon with a burn while d-tail forces your rival's mon out. This can not only break a sweep(like a dragonite sweep) but also inflict entry hazards' damage.
    Meli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

i prefere spiritomb cuz no major weakness
    Meli likes this.

I decided i will be using Milotic in my main team and Spiritomb in my second team, but thanks for all replies!!
    But im not using Rest and Sleep talk on her, i use recover instead
    Last edited by Meli; 3rd July 2012 at 12:40 AM.
    ~~~~trying to hatch a shiny Vulpix~~~~

Ace PKMN Trainer PKMN Trainer Spencer's Avatar
    Add PKMN Trainer Spencer on Facebook

I really like Snorlax for the job. With massive SP Defense and HP EVs. It would be hard to cut threw with Rest + holding status healer. Maybe make like yawn a move so it just carries the battle out.
    Torterra I choose you!

FC: 0433 4435 4140