What tier will they be in? - Page 5

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What tier will they be in?

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What tier will they be in?

Quote Originally Posted by sqwat500 View Post
    Smeargle is hindred gretaly by its base stats. Once he is phased out, switches out, ETC, he's done for the battle. Try switching into anything this gen, and dont say focus sash, cause entry hazzards will cancel that out. Try doing much when you tricked your choice item, and youve used the sleep clause. Mew is far superior to smearagl, and a believe he will go to ubers
    Inconsistent can inconsistently raise or lower Smeargle's low defenses also--Smeargle will always fear priority.

Anyway, Smeargle gets every move in the game. Using Baton Pass is simply not that inventive. I know of at least one other thing he can do well, that so far is yet untried.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    There's also the fact that Inconsistent adds the same "unstoppable" factor to Bidoof, of all things.
    Well, Inconsistent is kinda hax, and it can raise evasion. I dunno though, I don't think Biba should be Uber.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

Whoa, let's all calm down a little. We're discussing whether or not Mew will be uber (meaning we're not actually talking about ubers), so as far as OU is concerned, Inconsistent is a nonfactor because it's banned.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

What about Elfuun? I read something about it's mischievious heart ability being useful.

Disaster approaches... BlackwaterPark's Avatar

Elfuun is going to be OU. It's one of the best SubSeeders out there, and I can't imagine there'd be many counters (the only one I've been able to use reliably is Liquid Ooze Tentacruel). Taunt shuts it down, but if I'm not mistaken it's the fastest user of Mischevious Heart, so it won't even get priority Taunted.
    Current activity: Playing through Platinum for the first time.

1. Find shiny Pokemon
    2. Determine Secret ID
    3. RNG to my heart's content!

Last updated April 17, 2012

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Don't forget that Elfuun/Whimsicott has Taunt itself, so yeah, there's virtually no chance of getting Taunted if you're good at predicting.

It also completely screws setup sweepers by priority-Encoring them into their setup moves, leaving them open to attack. This is one REALLY annoying ball of cotton.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Magic mirror screws over their whole sets usually. leech seed reflects back and doesn't effect it, sub decreases its own health, taunt is suicide, stun spore creates parahax, and protect is useless. Xatu is literally the perfect Erufunn counter.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    Magic mirror screws over their whole sets usually. leech seed reflects back and doesn't effect it, sub decreases its own health, taunt is suicide, stun spore creates parahax, and protect is useless. Xatu is literally the perfect Erufunn counter.
    Xatu or Espeon. Espeon can take the time to just Calm Mind up, and it hits like a tank. I can imagine it switching in and using a Sub+CM set to wreak havoc.

Made by Blue Dragon!

2664-2340-0333 SV{153} Pyroclastic Friend's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Pyroclastic Friend On Twitter
    Follow Pyroclastic Friend on Tumblr

Humm...Scizor, Gardevoir, Infernape, Scrafty, Zoroark and Beheeyem?

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Sableye is also incredibly awesome. Priority Will-o-wisp really helps set it apart from the other Mischivous Heart users.

Blog Entries

Mental Herb now also blocks taunt.

Much love to Zurr

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thundagere View Post
    Xatu or Espeon. Espeon can take the time to just Calm Mind up, and it hits like a tank. I can imagine it switching in and using a Sub+CM set to wreak havoc.
    Due to Taunt, Espeon can only set up if Erufuun switches out immediately. I agree, however, that Erufuun is pretty much useless against Pokemon with the Magic Mirror ability.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nope, since taunt is reflected back. Taunt cant stop the set up because erufunn gets taunted instead.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

Magic Mirror is annoying as fuck. I never would've imagined that Espeon itself is quickly becoming standard because it ruins so many set-ups and can dish out damage itself. Wish is illegal on it due to all DW Eevees being male, correct?

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    Nope, since taunt is reflected back. Taunt cant stop the set up because erufunn gets taunted instead.
    I didn't realize that. In that case, Espeon and Xatu are actually perfect counters to Erufuun.

What about Wobbuffet? It gets Telepathy in DW, so could it be in two tiers at once? Shadow Tag Uber, Telepathy UU?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast