What tier will they be in? - Page 4

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What tier will they be in?

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What tier will they be in?

And after one Speed Boost, Blaziken is faster than SpecsGar. You're probably thinking of Scarf. That's what some Blaziken have Protect for. Nothing (except Sand Rush Excadrill and priority) outspeeds it after 2 Speed Boosts.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Of course, the mear threat of Sand Rush exadrill is enough for most teams to carry a priority user or hippodon/gliscor (both of who stop blaziken mostly)
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by CRACKADACTYL!
    That would be such a bad set, that's inviting T-tar in to beat the Pursuit the hell out of it,
    I was talking 1-vs-1, but yeah, I forgot that's not always the case. D8 Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing
    And after one Speed Boost, Blaziken is faster than SpecsGar. You're probably thinking of Scarf. That's what some Blaziken have Protect for. Nothing (except Sand Rush Excadrill and priority) outspeeds it after 2 Speed Boosts.
    Yes, the Scarf is what I meant to say! OTL Augh, I gotta work on my items and what they do. D8;
    And, Protect won't work twice in a row, maybe. Plus, even if Blaziken is faster than everything after 2 speed boosts, she still has to set up to do anything with that speed. Unless you pack a Life Orb or something?
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Faye; 21st January 2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: ohh and also...
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

What about Mew? I think that it should be U. Its awesome, and it learns every TM/HM.

VICTORRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!

Thank to Arkeis.com for the awesome sprites!

Blog Entries

^ No question. It'll be Uber, easy. It's so unpredictable and useful!
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I think that Mew will eventually become Uber. I do, however, feel that Mew remain in OU until the metagame begins to settle down. It's definitely overshadowed by the current suspects.

Blog Entries

Agreed, with Excadrill and Kyruum running around no on really cares about Mew right now.
    Secret butt fun!

Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

Mew most likely wont become Uber this gen. It really cant put out like last gen, due to more powerhouses and better walls. Sure, it learns every TM and HM. Thats old and worn out. Its best used as a baton passer this gen and is even outclassed by Smeargle at that, because Smeargle has access to some on the best moves in the game: Spore, Butterfly Dance, and Shell Smash. You can argue this down if you want, but its the sad truth.

Blog Entries

Wait, learning every TM and HM in the game is "old and worn out"? When you have a support movepool that most Pokemon would die for (both WoW and Thunder Wave, Taunt, U-Turn, auto-heal, almost any boosting move you desire with Baton Pass) AND better offensive moves on both sides of the spectrum AND 600 BST, I would beg to differ. Yes, Mew has yet to find its niche in this metagame but you are badly underselling it.

How is Smeargle better than Mew? It has craptastic defenses, bad speed, and worst of all, it cannot use its own boosting moves due to its horrible stats. It relies on BP, which it may not be able to use anyways due to the aforemention problems. There are so many more things that fuck up Smeargle's strategy than Mew's (Lum Berry, Taunt, anything that negates Focus Sash, etc) and I can scarcely believe that the fact that it gets Butterfly Dance and Shell Smash can compete with a 600 BST monster that gets "inferior" boosting moves but has the capability of not only setting up, but sweeping if it so wished. Smeargle has always gotten Belly Drum which is obviously "better" than Swords Dance, but nobody uses it because it can't effectively use it with its abysmal base stats. Venomoth is a more viable Butterfly Dance passer: sure, it has to rely on Sleep Powder but you have better speed, and can scare shit with Tinted Lens Bug Buzz.
    Last edited by F-22; 31st January 2011 at 06:55 PM.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Volt Change, Dragon Tail, and possibly Psycho Shock/Acrobatics are about the best things it gains this generation. Bark Out can also be good. If any Mew is potent, it will have to have been imported from an earlier Gen (a 5th Gen event won't be so deadly), unless tutors come along in more games.

I think Mew is still uber though. The combinations of moves it has through 3 generations of games is just plain redonculi. (On a side note, Mew is probably the most viable Nitro Charger, aside from Arcanine, the Zebra (?), and Reshiram. I think he can still make great sweeps.)

Regarding Smeargle--Smeargle can maybe sweep this Gen, with Tail Glow.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

Nope. The Tail Glow buff ain't enough to save that pathetic Sp. Attack.
    SharKing Productions

Blog Entries

347 SpA -> 252 SpA Timid Smeargle after one Tail Glow
    472 SpA -> Timid Mew with NO SpA investment whatsoever after one NP

Nope.

Forgot about Volt Change (for special based Mews; watch out for Dory though) and Dragon Tail which are actually quite nice, I agree.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Quote Originally Posted by F-22 View Post
    Wait, learning every TM and HM in the game is "old and worn out"? When you have a support movepool that most Pokemon would die for (both WoW and Thunder Wave, Taunt, U-Turn, auto-heal, almost any boosting move you desire with Baton Pass) AND better offensive moves on both sides of the spectrum AND 600 BST, I would beg to differ. Yes, Mew has yet to find its niche in this metagame but you are badly underselling it.

How is Smeargle better than Mew? It has craptastic defenses, bad speed, and worst of all, it cannot use its own boosting moves due to its horrible stats. It relies on BP, which it may not be able to use anyways due to the aforemention problems. There are so many more things that fuck up Smeargle's strategy than Mew's (Lum Berry, Taunt, anything that negates Focus Sash, etc) and I can scarcely believe that the fact that it gets Butterfly Dance and Shell Smash can compete with a 600 BST monster that gets "inferior" boosting moves but has the capability of not only setting up, but sweeping if it so wished. Smeargle has always gotten Belly Drum which is obviously "better" than Swords Dance, but nobody uses it because it can't effectively use it with its abysmal base stats. Venomoth is a more viable Butterfly Dance passer: sure, it has to rely on Sleep Powder but you have better speed, and can scare shit with Tinted Lens Bug Buzz.
    Basically what you did was attack Smearlge by saying its bad because its stats suck. Which isn't true at all.

How is Smeargle better than Mew? It has craptastic defenses, bad speed, and worst of all, it cannot use its own boosting moves due to its horrible stats.

Okay Smearlge can do anything mew can, even more so with spore. Also it has the ability Inconsistant. Have you faced that shit in Ubers? Its unfucking stoppable with Assist Power. yes, Assist Power. You get infinite boosts therefore the base power never stops rising. Can mew do that? No. So by you're logic mew sucks. Furthermore, you're making it seem as if anyone actually like, uses Smeargle as an attacker in OU, in which case they are stupid and don't deserve to own the game. of course Smeargle doesn't have the attacking stats to use any of the moves it passes. Big fucking deal, If I wanted a shell smash sweeper I would use Cloyster, but since I'm not actually using them offensively at all, why the hell do you keep making references to Smeargles attack? Also you act as if its stats are just so low that no one will use him. If that was the case, why WOULD he even be used in the first place? Also did you say it relies on BP to be effective? Wll no shit sherlock, its a fucking pure Baton Pass pokemon. Have you been living under a rock so long you don't know what that is? IMO you don't know what role a pokemon plays, and your post clearly shows this.

Fuck You, Stealth Rock sqwat500's Avatar

^dude. chill.

Smeargal is hindred gretaly by its base stats. Once he is phased out, switches out, ETC, he's done for the battle. Try switching into anything this gen, and dont say focus sash, cause entry hazzards will cancel that out. Try doing much when you tricked your choice item, and youve used the sleep clause. Mew is far superior to smearagl, and a believe he will go to ubers
    ^Thanks Blazeaking Ex!

Blog Entries

There's also the fact that Inconsistent adds the same "unstoppable" factor to Bidoof, of all things.
    SharKing Productions

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast