What tier will they be in? - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What tier will they be in?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What tier will they be in?

I agree that Zuruzukin will probably land in OU. It has many pluses with excellent STAB, decent movepool and ability, decent stat distribution, and semi-reliable recovery in Drain Punch. It is well-prepared to deal with a wide range of threats and with Tyranitar on the decline (at least in my experience; Hippo isn't nearly as screwed by Dory and Landlos), it is quickly becoming a secondary bulky Dark of choice. Not saying Tar sucks and personally I haven't used Zuru yet, but on some teams, it will function a lot better than Tar. Plus its DW ability is fucking Intimidate, which is kickass.

As for Gigigiaru (Klinklang?), I have a few problems with it. Gear Change is a great move, but Gigigiaru has a few 100% counters no matter how much it sets up. These include Swampert and nearly every Steel type. Gear Change is perhaps the only reason it won't fade into obscurity, but it's a problem when every other Steel, defensive or not, has infinitely better coverage than it. Its entire movepool consists of thirty-some moves....almost Wobbuffett level.
    Last edited by F-22; 18th January 2011 at 06:46 PM.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What tier will they be in? #4

Quote Originally Posted by CRACKADACTYL! View Post
    If it starts off in UU, it'll be OU once T-Punch tutors are back.
    Definitely. I think Iron Fist CB Ape with Mach Punch and ThunderPunch will be very effective whenever it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hour of Queens View Post
    There's also new threats that Scizor handles well. I'm not too afraid of stuff like, say, Terakion, despite its blistering speed and high attack, largely because Scizor is always there to check it. Kojondo giving you trouble? Revenge it with CB Bullet Punch, which does 90% - 106.3% which is an OHKO with a layer of Spikes down and a very high chance with SR down. SD Scizor will always beat Bulk Up Zuruzukin, and sets right up in Natty's face. Go ahead and flame me for these admittedly poor examples, but the point is that the roles Scizor performs in one kickass package (being scout, sweeper, and revenge killer, give or take one depending on the set) is too important for me to ever see it out of OU unless Gamefreak introduces an entire generation of Fire types with Wonder Guard, broken stats, and widespread movepools lol.
    You forgot to include Rankurusu in that list. Scizor, alongside Tyranitar, is one of the few Pokemon that can successfully attempt to stop a sweep by the jelly monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hour of Queens View Post
    I agree that Zuruzukin will probably land in OU. It has many pluses with excellent STAB, decent movepool and ability, decent stat distribution, and semi-reliable recovery in Drain Punch. It is well-prepared to deal with a wide range of threats and with Tyranitar on the decline (at least in my experience; Hippo isn't nearly as screwed by Dory and Landlos), it is quickly becoming a secondary bulky Dark of choice. Not saying Tar sucks and personally I haven't used Zuru yet, but on some teams, it will function a lot better than Tar. Plus its DW ability is fucking Intimidate, which is kickass.
    Tyranitar isn't on the decline, AFAIK. Specially Defensive variants are everywhere to stop rain teams and deal with Latios and Rankurusu. Poison Heal Gliscor with 2 attacks, Protect, and Toxic can be used with Tyranitar to check Doryuuzu and Landlos.

Blog Entries

There's plenty of things Scizor can check. Listing them all would be time consuming, yes :p

That's weird because I usually see Hippo in place of Tar. That and Specs Draco Meteor from Latios badly cripples even the most specially defensive Tar (and if someone is gutsy enough to run Grass Knot with a ton of entry hazards, the chances of it coming out on top are rather high). Different strokes for different folks, as they say....it's up in the air whether Drizzle will survive the next vote so if that's gone, Tar will have one less use. Who knows?

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

2664-2340-0333 SV{153} Pyroclastic Friend's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Pyroclastic Friend On Twitter
    Follow Pyroclastic Friend on Tumblr

Sorry but, which is the tier of Zoroark?

Blog Entries

Tiering hasn't really been started yet, as Smogon is focusing on completing the first few rounds of bans in an attempt to stabilize the metagame.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

What are peoples' thoughts on the possible tiers and usefulness of these:

Denchura
    Gothitelle
    Muurando (I don't expect anything that useful from this tbh)
    Waruvial

Not having played Gen 5 at all (but highly anticipating U.K release!) I won't even begin to theorymon on them. :P
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Denchura will be UU, no doubt about it. Its stat's aren't enough to keep up with OU, I'm afraid. But it stays out of NU with the perks it has, such as CompoundEyes Thunder (which has 91% accuracy) and high Speed.

I can't think of that many good details about the rest right away, but I'm sure Gothitelle will be UU, Muurando will be NU, and Warubiaru... that one I'm not sure of, but maybe UU.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

blaziken isn't OU it's UU

Blog Entries

I think Warubiaru could make it into OU when all of the overpowered crap is banned. It doesn't have much use at the present time, but it could become an effective Pursuit trapper or late game sweeper without all the rain teams running around.

Blog Entries

^ That is, unless it's totally outclassed by Tyranitar and other OUs that won't be banned. Waru's good and all, but there are better Pokes.
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoka-kun View Post
    blaziken isn't OU it's UU
    BL at worst.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by League View Post
    BL at worst.
    How is it BL it's definately UU

Blog Entries

^ In Gen. IV, yes, it's UU. In Gen. V, however, it's definitely OU. It got Speed Boost and a 130-power Hi Jump Kick (boosted by STAB to 195). Combine that with its already-awesome Attack and Swords Dance, and it's just way too strong for UU now.
    SharKing Productions

There are Pokemon that can outspeed even Speed Boost Blaziken, though. D: Gengar with Choice-Specs Psychic says hello.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    There are Pokemon that can outspeed even Speed Boost Blaziken, though. D: Gengar with Choice-Specs Psychic says hello.
    That would be such a bad set, that's inviting T-tar in to beat the Pursuit the hell out of it,

Much love to Zurr

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast