Welcome to Eden (Takaki's best 5th gen OU RMT)

Thread: Welcome to Eden (Takaki's best 5th gen OU RMT)

Default Welcome to Eden (Takaki's best 5th gen OU RMT)

Welcome to Eden

Welcome to my RMT. This is a team that I've been using throughout the whole of generation five and resorting to when my new projects fail. As a matter of fact, this team is so old that it dates back as a modification of a team I used towards the end of Salamence's reign over the tier in fourth gen. The team has peaked one on almost every single server, with the only notable exception being me just missing out on the beta server a few months back, and has shown that even through the vast changes of generation five that it can still win games with concerning ease. I think making this team really gave me an appreciation of providing niche roles on teams and then members that fulfill much more general roles.

The team abuses a spike stacking and dual weather core that designed to give me a reasonable match up against every team type. The team also has a large priority on not letting the opponent set up by providing a large amount of offensive pressure and not allowing me to lock into weak moves. This is shown by the 19 direct attacking moves from the 24 possible moves on me team (2 of these are hazards). The lack of low accuracy moves is also a notable past of my team. Stone Edge, Fire Blast and Psycho Boost are the only moves on the team with imperfect accuracy which gives me much more consistent results with the team.

I would have waited to post this but I want to use sections of it in my RMT guide.I feel this style of team is a good one to base a guide around because everything in the team is chosen to remove a specific threat and allow for a clean sweep with Mence if required. Hopefully I can write this to standard to be used as a model to other RMTs.

The team is themed around the series and movies Eden of the East that I watched and enjoyed a few weeks back. The nicknames and theme express how my team is constantly pressure based relying on strong prediction skills to crack apart an opposing team.

In Depth

Akira Takizawa (Deoxys-D) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psycho Boost
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock

Offensive Deoxys-D may look strange when considering its stats but it works wonders. Despite having competition from Mew, Uxie, Azelf, Smeargle, Ferrothorn and Forretress but the offensive and defensive balance provided by Deoxys-D allows me to check a number of threats that would otherwise plague my team as well as still having superior defensive bulk to the other options mentioned. Stealth Rocks and Spikes are obvious since my team causes lots of switches. The real trick to this set is what it allows me to beat. For example, Scizor who can wreck utter havoc onto my team and revenge kill my superstar sweeper is lured in my this beast and when it U-turns out to scout, I can outspeed and take it out in one hit with Hidden Power Fire. Similarly, Ferrothorn, Forretress and Skarmory are all beaten by this guy. Other threats to my team such as Conkelldurr and Breloom are also disposed of by thus thing as well as common spinner switch ins such as Donphan and Tentacreul who get detonated. The speed evs and nature are the minimum required to outspeed neutral natured Haxorus whilst the rest go to HP to boost its impressive bulk.

The name is after the main protagonist of Eden of the East who is extremely mysterious and influential. This pretty much summarizes my lure, hazard stacker, threat checker and revenge killer...

Number 11 (Abomasnow) (F) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 212 Atk / 200 SAtk / 96 Spd
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Wood Hammer
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Abomasnow is simply the MVP of my team. He resists the common attacks from popular rain attackers that would otherwise plague my team, gives me a priority user and makes up part one of my weather core. I didn't have to choose Abomasnow, because I don;t really need Hail (Though the chip damage helps Salamence), but I put him in here over the other inducers because he is a good Pokemon in his own right. With Expert Belt attached and given brutally powerful stab moves Abomasnow's very average offenses are turned into a monster that can beat every single Pokemon in the top ten with a correct prediction on the switch in. The first thing that stands out here is no Blizzard, however it really isn't necessary because Abomasnow's other moves give it the coverage to land super effective his on everything worth hitting. The special attack and speed evs allow me to KO greedy Scizors who U-turn on me as well as deal massive damage Skarmory and Ferrothorn. The rest of the evs go into attack to ensure a KO on Tyranitar and also maximum damage output for Ice Shard. Finally, Lonely was chosen because Abomasnow's defense is terrible and it never really needs to take hits on that side because of its resistances being to Water, Electric and Grass who are mostly specially attacking types.

I named my snow queen after number 11 because she is wonderful and wintery but deceptively powerful.

Ryō Yūki (Tyranitar) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Superpower
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Punch

I'm a massive supporter that Tyranitar should always run a choice set and that the dragon dance set is terrible because it is easy revenged killed, however I have used a style of Dragon Dance Tyranitar here designed to aid predictions on dealing with switch ins. For example, there are a plethora of Pokemon Tyranitar can set up on and instead of having to predict the Landorus switch or the Politoed switch I can instead Dragon Dance and then outpace with the correct coverage move. Tyranitar really isn't designed to sweep but rather remove the threats to a Sandstorm team and give me an answer to sun teams that wreck hail. The first noteworthy move that isn't on the set is Crunch. I changed it to Ice punch because I don't really see what Crunch is supposed to be hitting. Everything Crunch would KO can instead be set up on as they switch out (Deoxys-D and Latios). The evs and nature allow maximum power whilst outspeeding Starmie after a boost. Life Orb is there for the obvious boost to power which allows me to 1HKO Politoed after a boost.

In Eden of the east, Yuki lands nukes onto areas of Japan in his attempt to win 'the game'. Tyranitar is here to land nukes onto pokemon such as Sheer Force Landorus who would otherwise batter around my team.

Mononobe (Gliscor) (M) @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Acrobatics
    - Earthquake
    - Substitute

Gliscor is very frustrating to play against because with sand up there is always a doubt in the opponents mind as to whether they can even harm it. Flying Gem Acrobatics hits stupidly hard and has great coverage along with Earthquake. Substitute is there to abuse sand Veil to give me a chance of easy setup against threats such as Rotom-W who otherwise wall Gliscor. I chose Adament over Joly because I don't really see anything noteworthy it lets me outspeed. It would allow me to tie with Kyurem but I would rather just switch out than risk speed ties. Gliscor really acts as my main switch in to Scarf Landorus (Lacking HP Ice) and a tank to absorb U-turn from Genesect.

I named Gliscor after number one with the general idea being that if Salalemce doesn't end the game, he will.

Pantsy (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Ice Punch
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - U-turn

Jirachi has changed drastically over the course of the team's development because it is my main metagame counter. Anything that the team doesn't check Jirachi checks. The scarf set allows me to remove threats such as Mamoswine and Genesect with its deceptive pace in addition to removing other ragons without having to reveal my own. I run U-turn at the end to pivot off and constantly maintain pressure as to not become setup bait but have considered going back to a mixed set and running HP Ice and Thunderbolt to better deal with Skarmory and physically defensive Gyarados.

Jiraxhi is named after Pantsy because it isn't particularly imposing at first but plays possibly the most important role on the team in checking the weaknesses it carries as the metagame changes.

Mr. Outside (Salamence) (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Claw

Salamence is the best late game cleaner in the game.He comes out late game when everything is dented by hazards and weather to plow through the opposing team that lacks the stall types I've lured out. The set is pretty obvious with some coverage moves such as Earthquake and Fire Blast to remove possible switch ins from the opponent such as Heatran and Skarmory. Dragon Claw is mostly there to apply pressure early game and revenge kill without getting locked in whilst Outrage ends the game with a bang. Because of Genesect's introduction, I've sadly has to move to a Hasty nature in order to outspeed it if I need to pick it off late game which means I lack power. I would run Magnezone on the team but Genesect can only be trapped by it is I sack something to Ice Beam and Magnezone provides awful metagame coverage (It beats about four things whilst Jirachi can lure and kill lots of things). Salamence has broader responsibilities than just late game. I've chosen him over other cleaners partly because he can revenge kill Volcarona at plus one with Outrage. I've won games with him from 5-0 down because I've controlled the game enough to balance everything for a sweep.

Salamence is called Mr.Outside because if everything goes to plan he will end the game in a matter of turns.

Conclusion

I'd like to thank for reading my rate my team and hope you can give me some improvements to help it continue to profit off of the heavily weather centralised metagame that we currently play in. The main threats to my team are currently stall teams orienting a Skarmory, Chansey and a spinner because against a top player who I fail to trap I will struggle. My main way of beating them is getting hazards up and dancing with Tyranitar to severely dent Skarmory. The great thing against stall for me is that once something goes down the whole team will just tumble. The other main threats are Starmie who I can only bet with Abomasnow (It is gets Scald haxed I lose) and Baton Pass (Who I can only attempt to set up on with Tyranitar).

Feel free to test and use the team.

Importable

Last edited by Takaki; 8th October 2012 at 02:13 PM.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Welcome to Eden (Takaki's best 5th gen OU RMT)

This looks like a really fun team to use, with the tricky weather core and fun nickname system. How's it been going in battles? Have you discovered any new problems since first posting this up?
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Well the Sand Veil ban means I can only use it on PO rather than showdown. In terms of battling it has been exceptionally successful allowing me to peak in the top few players on every popular system within the team's lifetime (It could have probably done better still if somebody good was using it). It has been in motion for years with lots of changes taking place to cover new metagame threats. I'd say that Choice Scarf Scizor or a very strong player who can outdo my lures will be able to beat my reasonably easily with Scizor.

Feel free to give the team a run if you like. Not that many people have had success with it because dual weather is a very niche play style but it is certainly exiting to use and gives an at least decent match up versus every play style.

Any suggestions on the Gliscor change to now accommodate the Chomp?
    Last edited by Takaki; 15th October 2012 at 04:14 PM.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I may give the team a try.

I'm thinking switching to Garchomp may be an interesting option. Your Gliscor is a physical variant with Sand Veil who you use to wall Scarf Landorus (Lacking HP Ice) and a tank to absorb U-turn from Genesect. Whilst Gliscor might do its job well, Garchomp too has Sand Veil, can carry Fire Blast/Fire Fang to roast Genesect and brings a hell of a lot of firepower to your team that Gliscor doesn't necessarily posess. Plus between Garchomp to break down opposing teams walls and Salamence to clean up late-game there is a lot of potential for a sweep.

Can't Abomasnow just tank Rotom-W's hits and kill him off with Wood Hammer instead of stalling it out with Gliscor?
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Garchomp would have to be used with rough skin and still cannot be used on PO.

Abomasnow is my switch in to Rotom-W, but if Rotom-W is at low health I can set up on it with Gliscor.

Landorus-T or Landorus seem like pretty good changes for Gliscor,

Blog Entries

If you were willing to switch to a poison Heal Gliscor, you might be able to wall genesect better with it, since you regen 1/2 a sub's worth after each turn. It would require switching acrobatics for ice fang/facade, too, but after a SD, facade, at least, would hit just shy of Acrobatic's boosted BP. I prefer SubProtect, but since you're not running toxic spikes, SubSD's likely a better choice.

I think the problem is that if I don't abuse the sand veil then there are far better abusers of sandstormer: Landorus and Stoutland.