Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 184 HP / 216 SDef / 108 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Toxic
    - Energy Ball
    - Confuse Ray
    Lets get straight to this. Air Balloon NO Ground types until hit. Fire Blast for Stab. Energy Ball for Water/Ground. Toxic for Weather Switch ins. Confuse Ray. To confuse People?? Literally some people wondered why I run it. It helps me out a lot surprisingly so I am keeping it.

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    Heatran is my Dragon Resistor. Earthpower for obvious stab. Dragon Pulse is for Dragons. Fire Blast again for stab. HP grass for coverage. Thanks you Rockman.Exe as I believe he used it and I stole it.

Thundurus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast
    - Grass Knot
    - Volt Switch
    My Lighting Lover. I run specs or Scarf Depending on how I feel. Sometimes I want to outspeed and destroy other times I just want to destroy and still perhaps outspeed. T Bolt for stab. Dark Pulse for Psychic/Ghost. Grass Knot for Ground and Tyranitars or Hippo's. Volt Switch well thats just to scout out and switch in to something more effective.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    Rapid Spinner/Rocks Set Up. Earthquake for stab and Ice Shard for well Priority.

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake
    Here is Mixed Mence. Dragon Dance for well the power and speed. Outrage for stab. Fire Blast is the mix part plus in the sun it equals awesome and earthquake is generally for Flash Fire people like Heatran who resist and any other steel type that is not wearing a balloon and I do not want to miss on.

Victreebel (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Weather Ball
    = Solar Beam
    - Sleep Powder
    - HP Ice
    Here is the Chlorophyll of the team. So let me get down to it. Its my Venasaur in theory. For one. I have all the same effects. Growth Sleep Powder instead of HP Fire that some people run I have Weather ball to adjust to the current weather. Leaf Storm for heavy hitting. Steels Switch in on this thinking its safe but no its not.

There is my Sun Team. Comments Welcome My Maxed PO Rank was a little over 1300 with this team.
    Last edited by Professor Jacel; 13th August 2012 at 09:19 AM.

Default Re: Walking on Sunshine. OU Team

The main draw of Victreebell over Venasaur is that it can run Weather Ball, HP Ice and Solarbeam/Energy Ball all on the same set because otherwise Venasaurs superior bulk and speed (It can outspeed scarf Landorus) makes it a far better boosting sweeper with growth. Having Leaf Storm in conjunction with Growth is pointless because you can't ever completely sweep and you can just use SolarBeam for twenty less base power (I wouldn't worry about using it out of Sun because Victreebell is dead weight outside of it). So rather than using your current set you should use:

EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
    - Weather Ball
    - SolarBeam
    - Sleep Powder
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

The evs allow it to out speed neutral natured +1 Mence making it a top revenge killer rather than a sweeper which is outclassed by Venasaur.

For Thunderous, Focus Blast far outclasses Dark Pulse because it gives you an option against Ferrothorn if you lose the weather war. You should also always run scarf because it allows you to really hurt rain even if they have weather on their side (It allows you to outspeed and kill every single rain threat and predict a Ferrothorn switch and take it down with Focus Blast as Ferrothorn is often rain's only answer to Thunderou-T).

For ninetails, there are other options for sets which fair far better against other weather inducers and mostly just completely outclass yours generally.
    Naixin (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    - Roar
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Sunny Day
    - Flamethrower

The evs here allow you to outspeed and burn Jolly Cloyster and Jolly Dragonite whilst Sunny Day allows you to predict switches to other weather inducers and laugh as they attempt to change weather. Solarbeam is an option over Roar (Which is great for generally phasing the opponents team as they attempt to bring in options for trapping and kiling you) to beat Politoed better but often they will just switch out once they see you Sunny Day.
    Professor Jacel likes this.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    The main draw of Victreebell over Venasaur is that it can run Weather Ball, HP Ice and Solarbeam/Energy Ball all on the same set because otherwise Venasaurs superior bulk and speed (It can outspeed scarf Landorus) makes it a far better boosting sweeper with growth. Having Leaf Storm in conjunction with Growth is pointless because you can't ever completely sweep and you can just use SolarBeam for twenty less base power (I wouldn't worry about using it out of Sun because Victreebell is dead weight outside of it). So rather than using your current set you should use:

EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
    - Weather Ball
    - SolarBeam
    - Sleep Powder
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

The evs allow it to out speed neutral natured +1 Mence making it a top revenge killer rather than a sweeper which is outclassed by Venasaur.

For Thunderous, Focus Blast far outclasses Dark Pulse because it gives you an option against Ferrothorn if you lose the weather war. You should also always run scarf because it allows you to really hurt rain even if they have weather on their side (It allows you to outspeed and kill every single rain threat and predict a Ferrothorn switch and take it down with Focus Blast as Ferrothorn is often rain's only answer to Thunderou-T).

For ninetails, there are other options for sets which fair far better against other weather inducers and mostly just completely outclass yours generally.
    Naixin (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    - Roar
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Sunny Day
    - Flamethrower

The evs here allow you to outspeed and burn Jolly Cloyster and Jolly Dragonite whilst Sunny Day allows you to predict switches to other weather inducers and laugh as they attempt to change weather. Solarbeam is an option over Roar (Which is great for generally phasing the opponents team as they attempt to bring in options for trapping and kiling you) to beat Politoed better but often they will just switch out once they see you Sunny Day.

I switched out everything and did three test battles. The Battles led me to win 3 for 3 `1 Being a Sandstorm Fight. The other two were up against the rain. The 3 Battle I one and came back on with Thundurus Scarfed. Ninetales and Heatran.

Excellent to hear.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Updates are up top.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TBH, I have never found Donphan to be too effective. I would recommend a Foretress with sr, hp ice, volt switch/toxic and rapid spin. EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpA.
    You can also try eq instead in the 3rd slot to lure in and potentially destroy heatran.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Donphan can be used to great effect in the sun if you win the weather war. It also gives him access to Ice Shard which can take down the Therians on low health (Otherwidse Tornadus-T in the Rain can just come in and party it up on his team).

Blog Entries

Donphan can be used to great effect in the sun if you win the weather war. It also gives him access to Ice Shard which can take down the Therians on low health (Otherwidse Tornadus-T in the Rain can just come in and party it up on his team).
    I have used them both but personally I have found Foretress' typing more useful.

Tornado-T still parties over his team in the rain. If he loses the weather war, he can simply wreak havoc using tornado-T and switch out when you send in Donphan. Unlike mence, Tornado-T doesn't care about the dilemma of "switch out and get killed by rocks" or "stay in and get killed".

That said, I also recommend hp ice on Thundurus-T. It can be really useful for revenging other Thunder-T and +1 dragons. What you should replace is a tough choice. I would say grass knot, seeing that T-tar already takes a bitch amt for focus blast and Gastrodon are generally setup fodder for Victreebel(beware of stray ice beams).
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

At least with Donphan he is forcing it out until he can retain weather control to limit the damage he does. Forretress is just switch in bait on this team for a plethora of offensive threats.

Blog Entries

At least with Donphan he is forcing it out until he can retain weather control to limit the damage he does. Forretress is just switch in bait on this team for a plethora of offensive threats.
    You are forgetting that Foretress is also a useful switch-in to so many cb dragon's and a plethora of mons like Landorus due to his resistances. And whether a forry becomes set-up fodder or not depends on the moveset. Volt-switch can give you momentum, against a switch in. Toxic screws up d-nite and most Pokemon which try to setup and eq can surprise ko many threats like Heatran and Infernape.