VGC team: I've been working hard on these guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VGC team: I've been working hard on these guys!

Registered User Singing in the Rain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default VGC team: I've been working hard on these guys!

Axel the Haxorus
    Ability: Rivalry
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Outrage, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Item: Persim Berry
    Strategy: Used with Fun Guy to power up and utterly destroy opposing teams

Fun Guy the Amoongus
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Moves: Rage Powder, Protect, Synthesis, Giga Drain
    EVs: 252 HP, 92 Def, 164 SpD
    Item: Big Root
    Strategy: Mainly uses Rage Powder to allow Axel to power up without taking damage, he uses the other moves to protect himself, heal himself, and attack the foe respectively on the turn that Axel is attacking

Ryan the Accelgor
    Ability: Hydration
    Moves: Energy Ball, Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, Final Gambit
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
    Item: Silver Powder
    Strategy: Either revenge kills a weakened foe and then goes out with a bang with Final Gambit, or immediately defeats a threat with Final Gambit

Cody the Ferrothon
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Moves: Curse, Power Whip, Ingrain, Gyro Ball
    EVs: 252 Def, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
    Item: Leftovers
    Strategy: Uses Curse to lower Speed, powering up Gyro Ball further, as well as raising Attack and Defense, Power Whip as a powerful STAB attack, Ingrain to further support the Leftovers healing effect, and Gyro Ball as another powerful STAB attack that utilizes his low Speed

Elesa the Chandelure
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Flamethrower
    EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def
    Item: Charcoal
    Strategy: A main sweeper that focuses on power and coverage, can outspeed most foes

Gary the Klinklang
    Ability: Minus(no effect)
    Moves: Shift Gear, Giga Impact, Gear Grind, Screech
    EVs: 252 Spe, 252 Def, 4 SpD
    Item: Steel Gem
    Strategy: Shift Gear to power up Atk and Spe, Giga Impact as a finishing/kamakazie attack, Gear Grind as a twice hitting, STAB attack, and Screech for those pesky defensive foes

...I don't care too much about Natures...

Please, don't hold back! Be as harsh as you possibly can when you rate my team!
    Last edited by Singing in the Rain; 9th May 2011 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouthful of Pi
    I don't really belive there's such a thing as sexuality, only love, which means that everyone should be able to marry everyone else!

The Lark Ascending. Jimiinthesky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VGC team: I've been working hard on these guys!

You've got to post the natures and exact ev's please.
    Also there is reeeeally no point of dragon dance and swords dance, just one or the other

Blog Entries

Done.

My reasoning for both dances is so that Axel can either outspeed or harshly outpower an opposing foe. Fun Guy gives him time to judge. So if I encounter an opposing Accelgor, I use Dragon Dance. If I see a Conkeldurr, I use Swords Dance. Besides, I don't see another good move for him, so...
    Last edited by Singing in the Rain; 8th May 2011 at 02:43 PM.
    I don't really belive there's such a thing as sexuality, only love, which means that everyone should be able to marry everyone else!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If at all possible, I'd recommend trying to fit a boosting move (if it can learn any) for Chandelure in sacrifice for Psychic. That's all I can really advise.

Blog Entries

Nah. Elesa doesn't have time to boost. Besides, Psychic can OHKO Emboar, among other things. Thanks for the advice, though. What's funny is that the people at Smogon suggest Flame Charge in place of Flamethrower.
    Last edited by Singing in the Rain; 8th May 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure, but Cobalion probably won't be banned. What happens if you run into one of those? I'd run Dragon Claw, EQ, Brick Break, and Dragon Dance on Haxorus, that'll give you decent coverage, especially if you run into Balloontran. You DD a bunch of times, basically as many as you can, then you wreak havoc.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Three things about that statement: One, Cobalion isn't banned. Only the "real' legendaries. Two, this is the VGCs. BallonTran is banned, as are all Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Arceus. And three, the tournaments are double, so I can't run EQ. But the Brick Break idea is good, so I may use that. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks View Post
    Three things about that statement: One, Cobalion isn't banned. Only the "real' legendaries. Two, this is the VGCs. BallonTran is banned, as are all Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Arceus. And three, the tournaments are double, so I can't run EQ. But the Brick Break idea is good, so I may use that. Thanks.
    Balloontran is banned? Well, lol, I haven't been keeping up with VGCs. Though I've been thinking, why not DD, then use EQ with Protect on Amoongus?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

You...you have a point there. That works pretty damn well.

I beat Ballos. :D Rabidtangerine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The species aren't bad, fairly well balanced, but the movesets seem pretty redundant. I'll just go through them in order, but first, could you post the abilities too? Also, you don't seem to be taking this too seriously. If you can't be bothered to breed or care about natures then you aren't going to do very well.
    The Smogonites were right too. 80 base speed isn't very high. Flame Charge would work very well.
    Lastly, what Thundagere said, change Haxy's moves around. Give it a Dragon or Ground Gem or a Life Orb. I most recommend the latter.
    I'd write more, but I mean, if you don't care too much about natures, then I don't care too much about helping you.
    (Gosh, that came out bitter T.T)
    Dream points: (I can finally say it!) OVER 9000!!
    If at first you don't succeed, kill it with fire.
    "Oh ze poor hippopotamus.... but not ze armadillo!" -Grapefruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidtangerine View Post
    The species aren't bad, fairly well balanced, but the movesets seem pretty redundant. I'll just go through them in order, but first, could you post the abilities too? Also, you don't seem to be taking this too seriously. If you can't be bothered to breed or care about natures then you aren't going to do very well.
    The Smogonites were right too. 80 base speed isn't very high. Flame Charge would work very well.
    Lastly, what Thundagere said, change Haxy's moves around. Give it a Dragon or Ground Gem or a Life Orb. I most recommend the latter.
    I'd write more, but I mean, if you don't care too much about natures, then I don't care too much about helping you.
    (Gosh, that came out bitter T.T)
    I'd agree, use Life Orb. After 1 EQ, I think the Gem gets consumed, and LO is very useful.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

I already have my team and only 12 days left. Besides, my team functions GREAT on RM. 11/0/1 streak, to be exact. I would have more, but people keep shutting off their games just as they lose.

Anyway, I replaced Swords Dance with EQ, but I feel I need the Persim Berry for Outrage(the LO goes to Chandel).

Second, I don't feel that Flame Charge works too well. I can't afford barely doing damage on a turn thanks to Chandel's poor attack just to raise a speed stat that already is exactly as fast as Haxorus.

Thanks for the help, ppl! Keep it comming! ^^
    Last edited by Singing in the Rain; 9th May 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks View Post
    I already have my team and only 12 days left. Besides, my team functions GREAT on RM. 11/0/1 streak, to be exact. I would have more, but people keep shutting off their games just as they lose.

Anyway, I replaced Swords Dance with EQ, but I feel I need the Persim Berry for Outrage(the LO goes to Chandel).

Second, I don't feel that Flame Charge works too well. I can't afford barely doing damage on a turn thanks to Chandel's poor attack just to raise a speed stat that already is exactly as fast as Haxorus.

Thanks for the help, ppl! Keep it comming! ^^
    It's not just as fast, they are at quite different speeds.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    It's not just as fast, they are at quite different speeds.
    MINE is just as fast. :p

Anyway, I feel that Smogon just "creates" Pokemon, and then takes more Pokemon, and makes it seem like those are the only Pokemon in existance. I mean, seriously? Stall teams? WTF are those? I'd rather just put together a sucessful team from my own brain. I've seen plenty of Choice Band Bullet Scizors on RM. Pwned them all with the right tactics and judgement.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you say stall like you've never laddered up to 1400 and faced Kevin Garret or Earthworm. You wont be laughing at stall after that.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast