UU Trick Room Team

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SharKing

Thread: UU Trick Room Team

Default UU Trick Room Team

I have battled UU for a long time. I however, have gotten bored of using the same team over and over again, so I built this Trick Room Team. I have had success using this team but, I need better spreads, items, and a few Pokemon replaced to make this a better team. (I have been using the suggested spreads on PS and Smogon.)

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Trick Room
    - Protect
    Bronzong is crucial to this team's survival. The Iron Bell sets up Trick Room and Stealth Rock making it possible for the rest of the team to sweep. Toxic is for a slow a painful death in case it would not be wise to switch Bronzong out. Protect is to gain Leftovers recovery and let Toxic damage stack. However, with any support Pokemon, it is shut down by Taunt users such as Crobat and Sableye. It is also forced to switch when Chandelure is seen.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature
    - Trick Room
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover
    Porygon2 is what comes to mind when someone hears the term bulky special sweeper. It's main purpose is to sponge attacks, recover the damage dealt, and deal damage with it's BoltBeam coverge. Tri Attack is nice STAB move for those who resist BoltBeam. However, it must switch upon seeing Chandelure as it will deal little damage to Chandelure. Also, the tier has Fighting types at every turn. Hitmontop, Heracross, Machamp, and Mienshao come to mind.

Swampert (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Brave Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Punch
    Swampert is the main Physical Sweeper of this team. The amount of Pokemon it can hit for SE damage is the main reason. Top tier threats such as Raikou, Zapdos, Flyon, Darmanitan, Nidoking, and Shaymin will all fall to Swampert's SE attacks. However if Trick Room is no longer in effect, he will be brought down by Shaymin and Chandelure.

Snorlax (M) @ Normal Gem
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Brave Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Selfdestruct
    - Curse
    Snorlax is kind of the slow Lazy type. By making himself slower (faster in Trick Room) and bulking himself up, he no longer is content with his life and decides to suicide himself and kill those who have caused him harm. If he gives himself more time, he can inflict powerful Earthquakes on those standing in his way, such as Chandelure and Raikou or freeze Gligar and Flygon to death. On rare occasions, Chandelure and Cofagrigus will make sure Snorlax only kills himself. That is what happens when you use a terrorist.

Empoleon (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Torrent
    Quiet Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    This is your basic filler Special Sweeper. The penguin knows a few interesting tricks and will use them as he pleases. However, Snorlax walls him to a good extent.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    Quiet Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    This is the main Special Sweeper on this team. He hits a large number of Pokemon for SE damage. Too bad he is weak to common types.

Team Weakness
    If Bronzong is down, the team is down. Also half of the Team is weak to Fighting. Taunt users will severely cripple the team.

Importable version of Team
    Last edited by Abomasnow; 13th January 2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Porygon2

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: UU Trick Room Team

A good Trick Room team has more than one user of the stated move; relying too much on something that can't really heal itself is never good. Maybe Porygon2 could use Trick Room over, say, Tri Attack?
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    A good Trick Room team has more than one user of the stated move; relying too much on something that can't really heal itself is never good. Maybe Porygon2 could use Trick Room over, say, Tri Attack?
    I shall try that.
    I have a question on Porygon2 as it needs some editing. Should I run Trace, Download, or Analytic? (Analytic is out of the question.)
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Abomasnow; 13th January 2013 at 05:27 PM.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

@Goomba

I'd probably go with Trace. It can do so many things with that Ability: gain pseudo-immunities with Flash Fire, Lightningrod, etc; rid itself of status by copying Natural Cure; and so much more!
    Abomasnow likes this.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums