UU RMT

Thread: UU RMT

Blog Entries

Default UU RMT

I'm currently doing pretty well on P.O. with this team (it does better then every other team I've tried thus far in UU). Please rate, comment, etc.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Slack Off
    - Calm Mind
    - Scald
    - Psyshock

- deals with some of the bigger physically offensive threats in UU pretty well. I then proceed to calm mind and slack off couple of times. really hard to take down unless you get lucky with a crit or something. if he ends up being my last pokemon you better have a counter for it or poison it, or you will get outstalled :P

Cobalion @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Head
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance

just a hard hitting swords dance sweeper. If i get rid of the pokemon that wall it watch out. mach punch hurts though. It goes well with slowbro and claydol because they can deal with it's weaknesses. And cobalian can take most of their weaknesses, then proceed to set up.

Claydol @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earth Power
    - Toxic

takes care of the electric attacks that slowbro doesn't like, and helps my rotom against stealth rock and also sets them up itself.

Ambipom (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - Pursuit
    - Frustration
    - Low Kick

revenge killer and ghost trapper mostly. probably the best fake out in the game.

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Trick

-with trick I can deal with walls and boosting/banded/scarfed pokes. If I nab a scarf or something I will get another chance to cripple a wall too. Hits hard and volt switch keeps up momentum.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trait: Analytic
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover

even with barely any def/sp def evs this thing is incredibly bulky and becomes a great slow special sweeper with analytic. it can switch into the non fighting, special attacks that the other 2 defensive guys can't. takes care of nidoking nicely and hold its own against non specs chandeleur.

edit: simplified the top, I really need to get to the point with these things.
    Last edited by AshK; 8th June 2012 at 10:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: UU RMT

@AshK ; What usually gives you problems? I can imagine something like Virizion being problematic considering how unreliable Rotom-H can be. Something to bare in mind as well would be a Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user, which would allow you to drop Sub on Coballion for Stone Edge and also greatly increase Slowbro's and P2's survivability.

How are you finding Claydol? For me, I don't think it quite copes in the UU metagame, but maybe it works for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    @AshK ; What usually gives you problems? I can imagine something like Virizion being problematic considering how unreliable Rotom-H can be. Something to bare in mind as well would be a Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user, which would allow you to drop Sub on Coballion for Stone Edge and also greatly increase Slowbro's and P2's survivability.

How are you finding Claydol? For me, I don't think it quite copes in the UU metagame, but maybe it works for you.
    virizon is a bit of a pain since it hurts all of my defensive pokemon and if it has the right coverage moves can probably hurt all of my team. But I don't see too many yet though. Claydol is okay I guess but it gets really unlucky with well predicted hidden power grasses from the likes of zapdos and raikou. I'm afraid of chandelure as well because only porygon2 wants to take any hit that it may have but I can't take a specs fire blast. How should I deal with chandelure? Also what do you suggest as a heal bell/aromatherapy user? statuses hurt my team a lot and makes slowbro useless because it''s supposed to stay in and calm mind and recover itself for a while/stall. Can't do that when toxiced.

thanks for the comments.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Not to intrude as I do not play in UU but I do know that Roserade is in this Tier and can use this move as Roselia learns it by leveling up. Aromatherapy.

Leaf Storm
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Rest / Synthesis / Hidden Power Fire Smogon says this is a Generally Good Set up for a Offensive one. If you would want to switch something around. I would get rid of say Sleep Powder for Aromatherapy. Keep Rest Or Synthesis just so you know you can heal yoruself and Use his/her Natural Cure so you can always switch out and cure yourself if needed and cant stay in for the Aromatherapy. Again Never Played UU but this is a decent pokemon and is in that tier.
    If you wanted an easy way to deal with Chandelure seeing as how your Ambipom would be faster you could replace Pursuit for Shadow claw and have them switch in on a Fake out thinking it is safe then Drop the Claw on them doing some massive damage and perhaps Taking out Chandelure. My Ambipom I use knows shadow claw because Ghost types were a problem for him. Just a Suggestion though.
    I like your team set up btw!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post

virizon is a bit of a pain since it hurts all of my defensive pokemon and if it has the right coverage moves can probably hurt all of my team. But I don't see too many yet though. Claydol is okay I guess but it gets really unlucky with well predicted hidden power grasses from the likes of zapdos and raikou. I'm afraid of chandelure as well because only porygon2 wants to take any hit that it may have but I can't take a specs fire blast. How should I deal with chandelure? Also what do you suggest as a heal bell/aromatherapy user? statuses hurt my team a lot and makes slowbro useless because it''s supposed to stay in and calm mind and recover itself for a while/stall. Can't do that when toxiced.

thanks for the comments.
    You could try go for a bulky Togekiss. I used this last year to pretty good success

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Serene Grace
    252 HP/252 SDef/4 SAtk

-Thunder Wave/Air Slash/Tri Attack
    -Roost
    -Heal Bell
    -Air Slash/Tri Attack/Thunder Wave/Shadow Ball

Immune to Shadow Ball, resists Energy Ball and can take a few unboosted Fire Blasts rather well.

Or you could use a Thick Fat Lax, but miss out on status removal. Thick Fat Miltank gets Heal Bell but it's generally inferior to Lax, so take your pick.

Blog Entries

thanks you two, I'll play around with some stuff when I get the time. Hard part though is to find room for things. I have some sort of purpose, or a method to my madness for everything but I'll see what works best I guess.

edit: @Synthesis @Professor_Jacel Roserade never really works out for me in the past so I tried togekiss. Working out great so far and paraflinch with roost and heal bell is quite useful.
    Last edited by AshK; 10th June 2012 at 09:52 PM.