UU Hit hard and wear down team

Thread: UU Hit hard and wear down team

Stumped Turtwig A's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default UU Hit hard and wear down team

This is my UU team that I made to hit hard and wear down my opponent's team. Aero, Whimsicott, and Togekiss wear down to an extent, with Togekiss also hitting hard along with Bronzong, Flygon, and Rotom Heat. I'm not sure how well it does though, and I'm pretty sure team ratings go here.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Outrage
    - Stone Edge

Whimsicott (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Encore
    - Substitute
    - Energy Ball

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Reflect
    - Hidden Power [Water]

Togekiss (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Serene Grace
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Air Slash
    - Nasty Plot
    - Roost

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
    - Trick Room
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hypnosis
    - Earthquake

(20:56:57) Luxis: All y'all are a bunch of Silly heads.
    RIP Giruja. Why must you have been fake?

(17:58:01) daytwon: why am i watchin ot turtwig
    (17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

[15:26] Synthesis: he ain't godkilled
    [15:27] Ebail: Zam was Syn
    [15:27] Synthesis: it was an agreed sacrifice to the gods

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: UU Hit hard and wear down team

Quote Originally Posted by Dynavolt View Post
    This is my UU team that I made to hit hard and wear down my opponent's team. Aero, Whimsicott, and Togekiss wear down to an extent, with Togekiss also hitting hard along with Bronzong, Flygon, and Rotom Heat. I'm not sure how well it does though, and I'm pretty sure team ratings go here.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Pressure
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Outrage
    - Stone Edge

Whimsicott (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Encore
    - Substitute
    - Energy Ball

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Reflect
    - Hidden Power [Water]

Togekiss (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Serene Grace
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Air Slash
    - Nasty Plot
    - Roost

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
    - Trick Room
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hypnosis
    - Earthquake
    IMO, you should put in a pokemon with spikes somewhere. You have 3 of the best spikers in OU:Roserade, Deo-D and Frosslass. Spikes help greatly to wear down your opponent. Note that you might a spinner if you do go with this strategy since spike-stacking was extremely used in UU last time I battled there.

Frankly I'm iffy about trick room on Bronzong. Stealth rock might be better.

Also, you might want to add some more description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

@Turtwig A

This team seems to have a glaring weakness to Ice moves, which most bulky Waters carry now. In UU, you need a counter to the three bulky Waters that are so common and great physical walls.

You're missing 4 EVs on Aerodactyl, which isn't overly important considering you're running a Sash. Still, 4 EVs in HP can still allow Aerodactyl to survive that little but longer. Roost is never worth a slot on Aero sets like this (or Sashed 'mons in general)--you can replace this with Earthquake or Hone Claws even. I never found Aero too good in UU, but if it works for you, it works. An alternative to Aerodactyl is to switch it with a Rapid Spinner such as Hitmontop, and give Bronzong Stealth Rocks over Trick Room.

Flygon is fine. Although, put 4 EVs into HP.

I don't know how you're finding this Whimsy set, but it wouldn't be my preference. Firstly, running a Sash and Substitute is very redundant, especially with Prankster. Give it Leftovers or possibly a Lum or Red Card for trollsiness. I'd also change the EVs completely to 252 HP/ 252 Def or SDef/ 4 Speed. Energy Ball won't be doing much anyway, so put in a filler like Taunt, U-turn, Toxic, Grasswhistle, etc.

Love the Rotom. You could try replace HP Water with Grass or Ice OR you could replace it with Pain Split, and Thunderbolt with Volt Switch for scouting purposes.

Timid works much better for Togekiss. You could also try Lefties over Lorb if it is dying too easily.

Give Bronzong Brave (+Atk -Spd) over Adamant. Trick Room doesn't benefit any other member of your team, so try replace it with Substitute, or any filler really. I'd also go with Leftovers over Macho Brave as the Speed drop is nowhere near worth potential recovery on your wall.

Your team is very stall weak and would benefit from that Hitmontop I mentioned earlier, especially for TSpikes. Let me know of any queeries, Turtleton.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    @Turtwig A

This team seems to have a glaring weakness to Ice moves, which most bulky Waters carry now. In UU, you need a counter to the three bulky Waters that are so common and great physical walls.

You're missing 4 EVs on Aerodactyl, which isn't overly important considering you're running a Sash. Still, 4 EVs in HP can still allow Aerodactyl to survive that little but longer. Roost is never worth a slot on Aero sets like this (or Sashed 'mons in general)--you can replace this with Earthquake or Hone Claws even. I never found Aero too good in UU, but if it works for you, it works. An alternative to Aerodactyl is to switch it with a Rapid Spinner such as Hitmontop, and give Bronzong Stealth Rocks over Trick Room.

Flygon is fine. Although, put 4 EVs into HP.

I don't know how you're finding this Whimsy set, but it wouldn't be my preference. Firstly, running a Sash and Substitute is very redundant, especially with Prankster. Give it Leftovers or possibly a Lum or Red Card for trollsiness. I'd also change the EVs completely to 252 HP/ 252 Def or SDef/ 4 Speed. Energy Ball won't be doing much anyway, so put in a filler like Taunt, U-turn, Toxic, Grasswhistle, etc.

Love the Rotom. You could try replace HP Water with Grass or Ice OR you could replace it with Pain Split, and Thunderbolt with Volt Switch for scouting purposes.

Timid works much better for Togekiss. You could also try Lefties over Lorb if it is dying too easily.

Give Bronzong Brave (+Atk -Spd) over Adamant. Trick Room doesn't benefit any other member of your team, so try replace it with Substitute, or any filler really. I'd also go with Leftovers over Macho Brave as the Speed drop is nowhere near worth potential recovery on your wall.

Your team is very stall weak and would benefit from that Hitmontop I mentioned earlier, especially for TSpikes. Let me know of any queeries, Turtleton.
    you gave a way better rate then mine./jealous :p

anyway, to the op, do try out specs raikou. not sure what you should replace though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.