Type Coverage in Rain Dance Team?

Thread: Type Coverage in Rain Dance Team?

Default Type Coverage in Rain Dance Team?

I wanna create a Team to battle the Battle Subway with my cousin. I got some good ideas, but my type coverage on a rain dance team is limited. Any advice?

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Type Coverage in Rain Dance Team?

If it's Battle Subway, you want a rain inducer and a heavy hitter. Honestly, the double STAB should get you pretty far by itself, but if you use Ludicolo or something of the like, it will give you grass coverage leaving you an open spot for something like Tornadus or Dragonite.

So Tornadus & Dragonite would act almost as Sweepers? If that's the case, as we can have four Pokémon between us (I think) would it be wise to fit in a Physical and Special Sweeper, Ludicolo plus one?

Blog Entries

I'm saying Tornadus or Dragonite because those Hurricanes are really helpful in rain. Ludicolo has good coverage, but if you're wanting a Pokemon for both physical and special attacks, it might be better to run a physical rain abuser like Gyarados over Ludicolo so that your special attacker can be a thunder abuser. Though, if you have a Thundurus it can Hurrican and Thunder abuse which would open up a spot for Ludicolo. It really just depends on what you have available.

Well I got a Ludicolo plan all ready and waiting, I was just checking that I was on the same page. Obviously not! As for What I have available I am not limited at all as I have Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. Would type coverage be ok with Ludicolo, Dragonite and Tornadus? On inspection surely I'm very susceptible to Ice types.

Blog Entries

If your Ludicolo packs Brick Break and maybe if you slap a Yache Berry on Dragonite, you should be fine. Is your Dragonite Multiscale or Inner Focus? If it's Multiscale, you won't necessarily need that Yache berry.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

I don't have a specific Dragonite yet so it can have Multiscale. Is there an alternative to having Brick Break on Ludicolo? I've already got a move-set planned for her.

Blog Entries

Maybe have Brick Break on Dragonite? Ludicolo is more of a special sweeper anyways.

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

I had a rain team not too long ago.
    A toxicroak or a Scizor make really good counters to ice. Techno Scizor has its one weakness dampened, quite literally, by the rain and toxicroak w. Drain punch, Black sludge and dry skin is always handy for rain teams.

Personally I hate Dragonite on rain teams just because he works so much better as a physical sweeper than a special attacker that relies on rain for accuracy.
    Last edited by King Eriandor; 9th April 2013 at 01:56 PM.