Trick Room for April Friendly

Thread: Trick Room for April Friendly

Default Trick Room for April Friendly

So I've been using this team online, and its been working fairly well, but wouldn't mind a second or third opinion before registering the team for the April Friendly.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    Magic Guard
    Quiet
    252 HP, 252 SATK, 4 SDEF
    -Trick Room
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

This is usually the Trick Roomer I'll lead with. Nothing too out-of-the-ordinary here. Great coverage and solid defenses to back a great SATK.

Slowbro @ Wise Glasses
    Oblivious
    Quiet
    252 HP, 252 SATK, 4 DEF
    -Trick Room
    -Psychic
    -Scald
    -Fire Blast

The other TRer. Oblivious lets you set up TR through a Taunt, Reuniclus's Focus Blast is usually more relevant than Fire Blast, but against the teams Fire Blast is good against, Slowbro can get the nod for the lead.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
    Static/Mold Breaker
    Quiet
    252 HP, 252 SATK, 4 DEF
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Focus Blast
    -Signal Beam

Mega Ampharos's obscene SATK works great under an active Trick Room. Really that's it.

Ferrothorn @ Expert Belt
    Iron Barbs
    Brave
    252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 DEF
    -Stealth Rock
    -Gyro Ball
    -Power Whip
    -Explosion

Ferrothorn sometimes gets to lead instead of Reuniclus or Slowbro. Stealth Rock for Charizard, Volcarona, and Talonflame. Gyro Ball for Gengar, Greninja, and Noivern. Power Whip for Tyranitar and other slow Pokemon. Explosion helps round out the set.

Flareon @ Muscle Band
    Flash Fire
    Brave
    252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 SDEF
    -Flare Blitz
    -Bite
    -Double-edge
    -Quick Attack

Flareon's the newest member of the team. He's currently replacing my Arcanine as Arcanine's not in the Kalos 'Dex. Not having access to Wild Charge is a bit of a pain, but Flareon's been doing a decent job as an Arcanine. The main trick is to bait a fire attack with Ferrothorn then switch into Flareon for gigantic Flare Blitzs. Quick Attack for revenge kills and Bite for coverage.

Snorlax @ Rocky Helmet
    Immunity
    Careful
    252 HP, 156 SDEF, 100 DEF
    -Curse
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Body Slam

I believe this is a fairly standard Curselax set. As long as the rest of my team can take out the Ghosts and Fighting Pokemon on the other side, Snorlax will save me if I get in trouble. Immunity saves me against needing to rest early due to Toxic, allowing me to get as many curses in as possible before resting.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trick Room for April Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by jamis View Post
    So I've been using this team online, and its been working fairly well, but wouldn't mind a second or third opinion before registering the team for the April Friendly.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    Magic Guard
    Quiet
    252 HP, 252 SATK, 4 SDEF
    -Trick Room
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

This is usually the Trick Roomer I'll lead with. Nothing too out-of-the-ordinary here. Great coverage and solid defenses to back a great SATK.
    Psyshock over Psychic. Otherwise its ok.

Slowbro @ Wise Glasses
    Oblivious
    Quiet
    252 HP, 252 SATK, 4 DEF
    -Trick Room
    -Psychic
    -Scald
    -Fire Blast

The other TRer. Oblivious lets you set up TR through a Taunt, Reuniclus's Focus Blast is usually more relevant than Fire Blast, but against the teams Fire Blast is good against, Slowbro can get the nod for the lead.
    Its an OK set. I'd say run Recover over Fire Blast but wait until someone else says so.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
    Static/Mold Breaker
    Quiet
    252 HP, 252 SATK, 4 DEF
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Focus Blast
    -Signal Beam

Mega Ampharos's obscene SATK works great under an active Trick Room. Really that's it.
    Power Gem or something else over Signal Beam. Signal Beam is only really hitting Psychic types. Nothing too major.

Ferrothorn @ Expert Belt
    Iron Barbs
    Brave
    252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 DEF
    -Stealth Rock
    -Gyro Ball
    -Power Whip
    -Explosion

Ferrothorn sometimes gets to lead instead of Reuniclus or Slowbro. Stealth Rock for Charizard, Volcarona, and Talonflame. Gyro Ball for Gengar, Greninja, and Noivern. Power Whip for Tyranitar and other slow Pokemon. Explosion helps round out the set.
    Should have Rocky Helmet. Pile up the damage you'll deal when Ferrothorn gets hit.

Flareon @ Muscle Band
    Flash Fire
    Brave
    252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 SDEF
    -Flare Blitz
    -Bite
    -Double-edge
    -Quick Attack

Flareon's the newest member of the team. He's currently replacing my Arcanine as Arcanine's not in the Kalos 'Dex. Not having access to Wild Charge is a bit of a pain, but Flareon's been doing a decent job as an Arcanine. The main trick is to bait a fire attack with Ferrothorn then switch into Flareon for gigantic Flare Blitzs. Quick Attack for revenge kills and Bite for coverage.
    I'd replace this. Flareon isn't too good period. I'd replace it with a third Trick Roomer. iirc Friendly is a "Bring 6, Pick 4" battle.

Snorlax @ Rocky Helmet
    Immunity
    Careful
    252 HP, 156 SDEF, 100 DEF
    -Curse
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Body Slam

I believe this is a fairly standard Curselax set. As long as the rest of my team can take out the Ghosts and Fighting Pokemon on the other side, Snorlax will save me if I get in trouble. Immunity saves me against needing to rest early due to Toxic, allowing me to get as many curses in as possible before resting.
    Return over Body Slam. I'd drop Sleep Talk since its kind of gimmicky and useless. Try Earthquake or something else. I'd give it a Chesto Berry so Snorelax can get a quick heal and keep on slamming.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

Having used TR compeditvely (albeit in Doubles) myself I think I can help you out here. 1: You need another TRer. Always have a backup TRer for when the Room fails you-trust me it WILL fail you. I recomend Chandalure if you're willing to replace Flareon and put up with the 4x Ghost/Dark weakness, though if you don't want that weakness you might want to consider Carbink or Aromatisse. 2: Have at least two 'mons with either Payback or a priority move. Payback to make use of your low Speed and priority to disregard it entirely for when the Room fails you. I can also recomend a Curse+Gyro ball combo for Ferrothorn or Snorlax. That's about it from me, hope you do well.
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fairy Gym Leader

Claims: Mega Gardevoir, Hyper Voice, Magic Guard, Hades (KI:U), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Godbird's Soulstone (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising), the Xenoblade Chronicles Main Theme, Rising Sun (Okami) & Through the Sea of Time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssGardevoir View Post
    Having used TR compeditvely (albeit in Doubles) myself I think I can help you out here. 1: You need another TRer. Always have a backup TRer for when the Room fails you-trust me it WILL fail you. I recomend Chandalure if you're willing to replace Flareon and put up with the 4x Ghost/Dark weakness, though if you don't want that weakness you might want to consider Carbink or Aromatisse. 2: Have at least two 'mons with either Payback or a priority move. Payback to make use of your low Speed and priority to disregard it entirely for when the Room fails you. I can also recomend a Curse+Gyro ball combo for Ferrothorn or Snorlax. That's about it from me, hope you do well.
    There's also the option of Eviolite Porygon2 which I would use over Chande due to lower speed.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Do note that during the April Friendly you'll have the pleasure of dealing with hordes of Xerneas, Yveltals, and Mewtwos, so you'll have to build your team with them in mind. And feel free to abuse them yourself, of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    There's also the option of Eviolite Porygon2 which I would use over Chande due to lower speed.
    Well, I would have suggested that, having used one myself, but iirc you have to use 'mons from the Kalos 'dex in official tournys nowadays so no Porygon2.
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fairy Gym Leader

Claims: Mega Gardevoir, Hyper Voice, Magic Guard, Hades (KI:U), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Godbird's Soulstone (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising), the Xenoblade Chronicles Main Theme, Rising Sun (Okami) & Through the Sea of Time

Thanks for the replies. I taught Slowbro Psyshock and replaced Ferrothorn's Explosion with Curse. I kept Signal Beam on Ampharos over Power Gem since the major threats I could think of I'd want Power Gem for are covered already by Thunderbolt.