Truth to be told I wasn't going to participate in this tourney, seeing as I kinda lost interest in battling, but a friend of mine recently become interested in doubles and thus persuaded me to join. So here it is, my IC 2012 team. It is actually a revamped version of my old gen IV Sunny Day team, but it works well enough in gen V.

While the sign-ups have already opened, I have yet to lock my team in the Battle Box so I'll welcome any last-minute changes.

THE TEAM

Banshee (Ninetales) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Substitute
- Protect

No modern sun team would be complete without it's main weather changer... or so they say. I find myself using Latias more often than Ninetales, which apart from providing infinite sun, doesn't seem to contribute much in battle.

The infamous ProStitute combo let's me keep her alive for as long as possible, while Heat Wave and Energy Ball are for hurting stuff. No SolarBeam here, as I wouldn't want to find myself being ScarfTar'ed to death.

---

Capoeira (Hitmontop) (M) @ Dark Gem

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Protect
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

One of the most popular choices these days, and for a good reason. Hitmontop is a type of pivot Pokemon that is best described as "the Doubles Scizor". Fake Out + Intimidate is sure to halt most attackers (mainly Physical) from doing their job. CC dispatches Tyranitar, which is one of the biggest threats to my team, while Sucker Punch is for those annoying Chandelures. I put Dark Gem on him because I often need that extra power to finish things off.

---

Latias (F) @ Light Clay

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 10 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Icy Wind
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Sunny Day

Latias trades Cresselia superior bulk and HP for greater Sp.Atk and Speed, the latter of which is crucial for setting up Dual Screens. People often underrate the value of fast Icy Wind, and it's often been a lifesaver against threats sitting at 109> Speed range (read: MANY). Sunny Day shines where Ninetales ability fails, i.e. lets me win weather wars regardless of having the fox alive or not.

---

DevilsGrin (Heatran) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 6 Def / 248 SAtk / 204 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Devil's Grin is my main damage dealer. Life Orbed Heat Wave by itself does crapton %, but when sun comes into play, it becomes a freaking hellfire. Earth Power and Dragon Pulse provide awesome coverage on Dragons and Fire types (curse you, Chandelure!) respectively. 204 Spd EVs lets me outspeed Modest Chandelure without the boost and everything with 110 Base Speed and lower after one Icy Wind. There isn't anything left to say - Heatran just an awesome Pokemon.

---

Palmela (Exeggutor) (F) @ Normal Gem

Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 54 Atk / 252 SAtk / 204 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Sleep Powder
- SolarBeam
- Psyshock
- Explosion

Exeggutor replaced Venusaur as my Grass attacker of choice, as I often found the latter's power to be somewhat underwhelming. You may have noticed I went against my own advice and picked SolarBeam over a "safer" grass move. In this case, the Pokemon in question isn't *as* crucial for my team to function, and SolarBeam is STABed, meaning more power to me. Psyshock > Hidden Power Fire because I don't want her to become deadweight if sun is not up, and Psyshock > Psychic because most Amoonguss are Specially Defensive. Explosion is for those moments where I need to go out with style. Normal Gem helps compensate for the nerf.

204 Spd gives me 101 actual Speed, which means no Pokemon with 130 Base Speed or lower can outspeed Exeggutor when under the effect of Chlorophyll.

---

Griseldo (Rotom-C) @ Grass Gem

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Spd
Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Great Pokemon for weather mindgames. Volt Switch helps me predict a weather changer switch-in, and simultaneously allows to bring in my own. Leaf Storm with Grass Gem deals considerable amount of damage to two most common weather Pokemon - Politoed and Tyranitar, while Thunder Wave provides support for my slow sweepers (Heatran and sunless Eggy) and halts Swift Swim Pokemon. The EV spread simply maximises bulk and power.

Problems:

Sandstorm teams - by far the most problematic, mostly due to the fact that they are not as one-dimensional as Drizzle teams. Tyranitar in particular causes troubles all around, and if I won't dispatch it quickly with Hitmontop or Rotom, things are guaranteed to get really, really ugly.

Chandelure - Heatran and Hitmontop aside, my team is really helpless against the evil chandelier. Substitute variants in particular have a field day with my team, and that needs to stop.

My Ninetales - She's just not good enough. Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas what to do with her. I'd like to either change the set or drop her altogether. Suggestions?

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your insight. :)