Tier Discussion - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tier Discussion

I personally think only Drizzle should be banned and like Angad said, Garchomp. Sand isn't really broken unless Garchomp is on the team (Excadrill isn't as threatening, Imo). But Drizzle can make so many pokemon very threatening. Like Specs Tornadus with Hurricane, Shell Smash Gorebyss, Ferrothorn (Not really threatening, but annoying), etc.
    3DS FC: 0387 9244 2121

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

actually, if drizzle gets banned, then i'm sure that sand stream will follow..
    This gen sandstorm abusers have increased..
    i'm not just talking about excadrill and landorus..
    Any one who doesnt take damage in a ss is its abuser..
    therefore,scizor, ferrothorn,reuniclus, are all ss abusers..
    Remember , ss causes passive damage..
    I read this somewhere but in a 40 turn battle, ss will cause 250% damage..
    therefore without drizzle to check sand stream, people will definitely push for a ss ban..
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

It's not nearly as bad as you making it sound. Very few teams don't have at least one member immune to sandstorm.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    It's not nearly as bad as you making it sound. Very few teams don't have at least one member immune to sandstorm.
    That is because ss is so common..if ss is banned, then many of these pokes will be used less often..
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nah, scizor is scizor with out without SS. Same with skarm. Only sand sweepers will decrease in usage.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    nah, scizor is scizor with out without SS. Same with skarm. Only sand sweepers will decrease in usage.
    swampert? hell even ttar loses its bulk without ss..

Blog Entries

Swampert shouldn't be used in comparison of Quagsire. Quagsire is too good, Swampert is Swampert with and without SS. Name any pokemon outside of T-tar, Garchomp, Excadrill, and Landorus influenced greatly by Sandstorm.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    Swampert shouldn't be used in comparison of Quagsire. Quagsire is too good, Swampert is Swampert with and without SS. Name any pokemon outside of T-tar, Garchomp, Excadrill, and Landorus influenced greatly by Sandstorm.
    Hippowdon..he is useless without sandstream..
    And as for all the pokes u named..all of them are top tier but if sandstorm disappears, then the entire metagame will change because some pokes are used simply for the sake of beating the threats u mentioned..
    And all those steel types are used simply because steel has the highest no. of resistances, including the resistance to dragon attacks..
    If dragon attacks are not considered, then i will honestly have to say that gliscor is better than skarmory right now..

Blog Entries

I would honestly say that gliscor the second best defensive pokemon in the metagame behind ferrothorn. It stops full sandstorm teams, is the reason mixtar exists, and holds its own against rain stall and drought teams. Skarmory, however, can set up spikes for a stall team allowing ferrothorn to run an extra move, and has recovery over ferrothorn, so ferrothorn can stick to SR and run 3 moves. Of course, the overlapping weaknesses are bad, but you pretty much need 2 steel types if one lacks recovery nowadays.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

I would honestly say that gliscor the second best defensive pokemon in the metagame behind ferrothorn. It stops full sandstorm teams, is the reason mixtar exists, and holds its own against rain stall and drought teams. Skarmory, however, can set up spikes for a stall team allowing ferrothorn to run an extra move, and has recovery over ferrothorn, so ferrothorn can stick to SR and run 3 moves. Of course, the overlapping weaknesses are bad, but you pretty much need 2 steel types if one lacks recovery nowadays.
    Yeah, ok..but what i m arguing is that if ss gets banned, then the metagame will change..

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I would honestly say that gliscor the second best defensive pokemon in the metagame behind ferrothorn. It stops full sandstorm teams, is the reason mixtar exists, and holds its own against rain stall and drought teams.
    I think it's safe to say that MixTar also exists for the purpose of defeating defensive steels like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. MixTar can definitely help beat Gliscor, but it primarily acts as a general wallbreaker/team supporter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    I think it's safe to say that MixTar also exists for the purpose of defeating defensive steels like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. MixTar can definitely help beat Gliscor, but it primarily acts as a general wallbreaker/team supporter.
    actually, without ss to boost its spdef, ttar becomes vulnerable to even latios..

Blog Entries

Gliscor, as I mentioned, screws over sand teams with standard pokemon like the Land genie and excadrill. mixtar stops their main counter, as well as skarm and ferrothorn, althought really ferrothorn doesn't wall most sand teams at all. (or maybe just mine...)

And without SS, hippo has pretty much no use since its outclassed as a pure physical wall (mostly), and Ttar, while not as bulky, is in the same category as things like rhyperior. Probably borderline OU, since really, what other strong dark types are there? Darkrai is banned, and Zoroark,Absol, And Honchkrow are way too frail.

Blog Entries

Good point on Tyranitar being the best dark type.

Much love to Zurr

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Some Genies carry HP Ice for Gliscor, so the gliding scorpion isn't a totally foolproof defense against Sand teams.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast