Tier Discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 193

Thread: Tier Discussion

  1. #16
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Androgyny View Post
    Looks like it's time to start a Fire-team. There are probably more than enough Fire types in that tier, due to Stealth Rock in such.
    It's worth noting that Moltres, arguably the best fire-type sweeper in the 4th generation UU tier, will be available for use in this new tier.

  2. #17
    Rocking the Lucario Thundagere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    RU looks interesting at best right now, I'm waiting for the tiers to be more firmly set before I play it.

    Made by Blue Dragon!

  3. #18
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    New Topic: What, if anything, would you like to see banned during this round of OU suspect voting?

    When I looked through the Suspect Nominations topic on Smogon, I noticed that several highly skilled players are nominating one or more weather-inducing abilities to be banned. In order to prevent weather-related bans such as those from occurring, I would personally like to see some of the most prominent weather abusers such as Garchomp, Thundurus, and Excadrill being banned from OU. I think the metagame is fairly stable right now and, if I were involved in the voting process, I would rather ban a few specific threats than ban entire playstyles.

  4. #19
    Hyped for Everything. Androgyny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Other
    Location
    cp_dustbowl
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    New Topic: What, if anything, would you like to see banned during this round of OU suspect voting?

    When I looked through the Suspect Nominations topic on Smogon, I noticed that several highly skilled players are nominating one or more weather-inducing abilities to be banned. In order to prevent weather-related bans such as those from occurring, I would personally like to see some of the most prominent weather abusers such as Garchomp, Thundurus, and Excadrill being banned from OU. I think the metagame is fairly stable right now and, if I were involved in the voting process, I would rather ban a few specific threats than ban entire playstyles.
    To be honest, I think Sigilyph should be in OU, if he's not already. The Flame Orb set just dominates everyone.
    My Fabulous URPG Stats.

    My current team of winners~


    Please check out my first Roleplay. It would be very nice of you.

  5. #20
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Not everyone, my Lum Berry Scizor takes it on pretty well,

    Much love to Zurr

  6. #21
    Is Not A Moderator TerraTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    I don't see why Exca should be banned. He is easily countered by really any Fighting move

    YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

  7. #22
    now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Sigliph is easily stopped. Trick stops it, as do most strong moves. Its good, but not great, and imo reniculus is better.

    I think that sand stream + Sand veil should be banned, along with hail and snow cloak. It adds too much luck to the game and people can win with no skill at all by setting up with sub lefties chomp and waiting for a miss.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

    Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

  8. #23
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    Sigliph is easily stopped. Trick stops it, as do most strong moves. Its good, but not great, and imo reniculus is better.

    I think that sand stream + Sand veil should be banned, along with hail and snow cloak. It adds too much luck to the game and people can win with no skill at all by setting up with sub lefties chomp and waiting for a miss.
    I know what u mean..
    my scrafty's hjk missed against sand veil chomp who would have lost otherwise..
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  9. #24
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    I know what u mean..
    my scrafty's hjk missed against sand veil chomp who would have lost otherwise..
    What were the HP percentages of the pokemon at the time?

    Much love to Zurr

  10. #25
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    What were the HP percentages of the pokemon at the time?

    Garchomp was on 60% health or so..He was scarfed..one turn of outrage was complete..
    I brought in scrafty at 203/265 hp..HE used outrage which did almost 50% or something..
    Crunch hardly did 40% to chomp(this i knew from previous experience)
    I am sure that hjk would have killed but it had only 72% accuracy over ss which was on..and it obviously missed..
    Now, u may ask why i ddnt use ice punch?
    The answer is i ddnt have it..my scrafty had stone edge to hit gyara
    who i thought would be dominant..
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  11. #26
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Ice Punch > Stone Edge on Scrafty, IMO

    Stone Edge was a good coverage move in Generation IV OU because because it could hit things like Gyarados and Zapdos harder than Ice Punch did and still manage to deal significant damage to Dragonite. In this generation, however, Ice Punch's superior accuracy and great super-effective coverage give it a definite advantage over Stone Edge.

  12. #27
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    Ice Punch > Stone Edge on Scrafty, IMO

    Stone Edge was a good coverage move in Generation IV OU because because it could hit things like Gyarados and Zapdos harder than Ice Punch did and still manage to deal significant damage to Dragonite. In this generation, however, Ice Punch's superior accuracy and great super-effective coverage give it a definite advantage over Stone Edge.
    I learnt that the hard way..when i was consistently walled by gliscor..
    Anyway..as for who i would like to be banned..that has to be latios..
    The argument that without soul dew, latios is weak doesnt hold much currency..
    Hell it can now defeat its traditional rival blissey(or chansey) with psyshock
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  13. #28
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    I learnt that the hard way..when i was consistently walled by gliscor..
    Anyway..as for who i would like to be banned..that has to be latios..
    The argument that without soul dew, latios is weak doesnt hold much currency..
    Hell it can now defeat its traditional rival blissey(or chansey) with psyshock
    It's traditional rival is Tyranitar, and if it doesn't pack HP Fire, Scizor and Ferrothorn hurt it hard.

    Much love to Zurr

  14. #29
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    It's traditional rival is Tyranitar, and if it doesn't pack HP Fire, Scizor and Ferrothorn hurt it hard.
    Ttar definitely
    Scizor, not completely because nowadays the sd set is popular due to which the usage of pursuit has decreased
    ferrothorn can wall but not hurt latios
    It can use twave though

    Unfortunately
    ttar is ruined by fighting types which are aplenty now..
    and nowadays eveything packs fire attacks therefore scizor and ferrothorn are always in danger
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  15. #30
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Tier Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    It's traditional rival is Tyranitar, and if it doesn't pack HP Fire, Scizor and Ferrothorn hurt it hard.
    Ttar definitely
    Scizor, not completely because nowadays the sd set is popular due to which the usage of pursuit has decreased
    ferrothorn can wall but not hurt latios
    It can use twave though

    Unfortunately
    ttar is ruined by fighting types which are aplenty now..
    and nowadays eveything packs fire attacks therefore scizor and ferrothorn are always in danger

    edit:damn, a double post due to browser problem,sorry..
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •