Tier Discussion
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier Discussion

Based Mod DCM's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Tier Discussion

Until Tiers are officially announced and set in stone (as much as a tier can be set in stone) use this thread to discuss Generation V tiers.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tier Discussion

One question, is this for Smogon tiers, or the future Bulbagarden tiers?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Hmm...right now they are all bad x__x
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    Hmm...right now they are all bad x__x
    I've noticed that UU in particular is quite unbalanced. Kyurem, Victini, Staraptor, Chansey, and Mew are all too much to handle right now. I hope that the first round of bans will fix most of this.

I was looking forward to UU at first, but I didn't even bother after I saw what was still allowed in it. I think most, if not all, of those will be gone from UU shortly :D
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

My biggest concern right now with UU's tiering is that Smogon may decide to ban Drought instead of Victini. Drought may very well be broken as an individual ability, but Victini is, in my opinion, broken regardless of whether or not it has team support in the form of Drought.

EDIT: *Victini is broken in UU
    Last edited by g3rgni; 3rd June 2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: just thought I'd clarify

Blog Entries

I agree, and hopefully BL will be a bit bigger than last gen.

Much love to Zurr

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, from what I've seen (the new usage stats just came out) everyone expected Victini to jump into OU on its own, thanks to V-generate. It did gain a boost in usage, but I it would have gone up if Blaziken stayed (making sun more viable). Now that sun isnt viable people arent using it, instead things like darmitan (CB reckless flareblitz is as strong if not stronger). It probably will get banned, since tbh its like the one thing my UU team can keep switching into.

It is counterable though. Rhyperior counters it well, as does milotic and thick fat azumaril (who uses think fat azumaril though?)
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

BL will definately have about the same amount of Pokemon as OU did last Gen, around 55. I could see OU reaching up to 75 to even 100 Pokemon. UU might function with about 125 Pokemon. With NU having about 150. I can also see al lot of NFE's rising up to UU, such as Duosion.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

They need to make a BL. I'm also surprised that Milotic is getting used as much as it is.

Hyped for Everything. Androgyny's Avatar

I love using UU Pokemon, so seeing Scrafty, one of my favorites, in the OU list saddens me a little.
    My Fabulous URPG Stats.

My current team of winners~

Please check out my first Roleplay. It would be very nice of you.

Blog Entries

What? BL having 50+ pokemon? you realize they have a period of testing and then a vote where they can ban each one. If each ban takes a month, and they ban 2 pokemon a month (unlikely), it would take over 2 years to ban that much stuff. Not to mention that things get retested after a certain amount of time in BL and usually there are never 2 bans a month. 55 things are certainly not overpowered from UU. Oh yeah, and stuff can be used enough in OU to move up. BL should contain no more than 20 pokemon. There probably will be a tier between UU and NU from Smogon as well.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

sorry for the double post, but this prob needs a new post.

(Pokémon) Rarely Used (RU) Tier - Smogon Community

Smogon (or, more specifically, Rising Dusk) decided to start an RU tier, if nothing else just to test. rarely used is effectively the NU for now, although NU should come next month or in two. Meanwhile, We can all play this. It looks really cool, if you ask me, although I cant see how gorebyss fell down here. Wobbu can do some stuff down here. Hail has a monopoly over weather too. So, are you guys gonna try this out? What are you gonna use?

Blog Entries

It's going to be all hail, most likely.

Much love to Zurr

Hyped for Everything. Androgyny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    It's going to be all hail, most likely.
    Looks like it's time to start a Fire-team. There are probably more than enough Fire types in that tier, due to Stealth Rock in such.
    My Fabulous URPG Stats.

My current team of winners~

Please check out my first Roleplay. It would be very nice of you.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast