Therian Discussion. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Therian Discussion.

Default Re: Therian Discussion.

acrobatics Tornadus is generally a bad Pokemon but its niche role is eliminating threats to Pokemon that commonly counter offensive rain teams by luring them and 1HKOing. It is also ok on balanced teams and is not the premier Acrobatics abuser since Sand Veil being banned.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Blog Entries

With the inconsistancy of Weather, I can understand why Tornadus is physical in VGC. Politoed is better than most give it credit for, it's definitely better than Ninetales, and gets a pretty great boost from Rain. Scarf can be a revenge killer, Specs can be used for the power, or the standard Bulky set can pHaze with Perish Song or use Toxic.

Much love to Zurr

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

i've been using rd tornadus + choice specs kingdra recently; it's a really fun, aggressive combination of mons and i'd encourage all of you to try it. specs kingdra in the rain is so meaty; most matches, i just spam hydro pump once the rain is up and that's generally enough to win since hydro pump even 2hkos a lot of things that resist it (i remember doing about 55% to a celebi - boy was my opponent's face red~). obviously i wouldn't recommend using it in rain because then you can't run swift swim on kingdra, but neutral weather works perfectly fine. tornadus-t really shines when you have other u-turners around because then you can play even more recklessly with it! plus regenerator u-turn is a lovely thing to have on your side

this is what i've been using:

Tornadus (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Damp Rock
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Focus Blast
    - U-turn
    - Rain Dance

Kingdra (F) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hydro Pump
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

you don't really need hp [fire] - the necessity for it has only come up once or twice in my ~50 matches with this team - surf would honestly be the better option but i'm too lazy to change it and it's never mattered to me anyways since i just spam hydro pump and with rocks and spikes pretty much everything dies to +2 spd kingdra

i haven't used thundurus-t extensively, but a four attacks set with thunderbolt/focus blast/hidden power ice/grass knot @ expert belt seems like it might be fun, so if you're into that sort of thing you should use it. i can't truly vouch for lando-t's utility either, but it is rather annoying sometimes so i think you should use it and tell me if it's good!

Definately not HP Fire on Kingdra. It is a really bad move to have if your team is even considering rain.

The problem with setup rain teams is that a balanced weather team can easily beat them if they hazards up limiting your setup opportunities.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123