Therian Discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Therian Discussion.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Default Therian Discussion.

Well after the BW2 Meta game came about and people got all these new Nifty Tactics especially these three Pokemon I was wondering what everyone thinks about them

Like Them?

Hate Them?

Counters?

Uses?

I personally really did not like them in the beginning I thought they were Over Powered and should be banned to Ubers but after a while they are to easy to counter now.

All Therians are easily defeated by certain thing. Special/Physical Walls. I think any Viable Ice Shard User Takes them out. A For sure thing after SR.

People instantly started using these things? When I first Encountered it I was kinda like WTF is that ?? I mean they look kinda silly in my Opinion Especially Thundurs-T???

I will admit they do have there uses if your not prepared. Tornadus-T on a Rain Team is decent when used right. Thundurus-T well I really am not for sure about him?? His Move Pool I really do not think is the best but thats just me.

Landorus_T is just completely stupid? Wow He got Intimidate hats off but now they are forced to run Choice Scarf do to there speed.

These are my Opinoins on them. Any Thoughts?

Default Re: Therian Discussion.

The best Tornadus-T sets are Specs Sleep Talk and Life Orb Substitute whilst Thunderus-T performs great running Scarf , Specs, Nasty Plot or Agility. Landorus-T is an incredible threat and should not be underestimated at all. He can run much more than just Scarf. For instance, his double boosting, Swords dance Sub and Sub 3 attacks set wreck utter havoc.Saying that, his strongest niche is probably as a defensive set. Tornadus-T is the real stand out threat with that amazing STAB and holding the best ability in the game. Your description of 'anything with Ice Shard' beating them is not true in the slightest. If the Therians are on the field then you can't switch in your counter safely and have to perform an informed sacrifice to revenge it. Also, Mamoswine can only K/O Tornadus-T and Thunderus-T if it is hold Choice Band.

Counters:

Tornadus-T: Scarf Thunderus-T, Jirachi, Scarf Rotom, Chansey,
    Thunderous-T: Mamoswine (You need to dodge a Focus Blast as you switch in but a Choice Band set can KO after rocks damage), Quagsire (Especially good against the boosting sets), Chansey (Needs Toxic), Gastrodon (Needs to be careful of Grass Knot variants), Calm Mind Latias (Gets mauled by the Nasty Plot set with HP Ice, however).
    Landorus-T: Landorus can switch in on anyt move other than HP Ice and KO back with HP Ice, Scarf Starmie beats all of his sets, Cloyster can take most of its moves and break its Subs with Icicle Crash. I honestly think that Landorus-T is the hardest of them all to counter because he is simply the most versatile. Phasers such as Skarmory are probably the best checks.

I have not seen a Landorus Set like that so far mostly I see are Choice Scarfed?? Which tend to be to easy. I see what you are saying about the other set ups though as they would prove more deadly. I have not saw any yet though as of now but hopefully I see one with that set up in the future some time.

After Rocks Life Orb Mamoswine can kill the Therians as well it does not have to be Choice Banded.

It still doesn't make it a counter to Tornadus-T or Landorus-T. The Choice Band one can guarenteed KO Tornadus and Thunderus after just Life orb Damage.

The reason you see Choice Scarf sets is because most people don't know how to use Landorus-T, especially if you play on Showdown or the Beta server. If you want I could write up a post summarizing its viable sets.

A Post on its sets would be nice as I would like to see the better ones and not these awkward Scarf Wearing ones. I usually play on PO. Showdown goes crazy to much right now for me..

I still like my Life Orb just because I can switch on moves. I used CB Mamo for awhile until After SR Damage and some recommend it to me I could KO them off. Granted they were not some of the Bulky Ones I encountered.
    m

追放されたバカ

I read this and though it was about me! Lol

If I get a Thundurous in BW2 in Therian Form, and transfer it to BW, I will assume it goes back to Incarnate form??? Will it still unlock the Landorus event?

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post

If I get a Thundurous in BW2 in Therian Form, and transfer it to BW, I will assume it goes back to Incarnate form??? Will it still unlock the Landorus event?
    IIRC, You cannot transfer to b/w since there is no data regarding the formes in the game. It might revert to the original form with illegal stats or simply cause a glitch.

I think it will unlock the event, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post

IIRC, You cannot transfer to b/w since there is no data regarding the formes in the game. It might revert to the original form with illegal stats or simply cause a glitch.

I think it will unlock the event, though.
    When trading Shaymin, Giratina or Rotom in their new forms from PTHGSS they went over to DP fine, but in their original forms with original states. Also cool to know that it will unlock Landorus, been dying to complete that event, although I suppose I could equally just catch one on Dream Radar in Therian Form :(

Blog Entries

Thundurus is a great Scarf-user. It is, arguably, the reason that Rotom-W has gone down in usage.

Much love to Zurr

Tornadus T are a necessity on any succesful rain team. Thundy T, not so much. But Landy T can be devastating in the right hands. I myself use a Normal Gem Explosion set, its surprising how many people switch in a Terrakion/etc on a Stone Edge and attempt to set up. With 145 Attack to back it up, Landy T is a serious threat in the competitive environment. Why aren't enough people using it?

@legolover8; Because the normal Landorus form hits harder in sandstorm and can run a much larger variety of sets.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

That is true, but what about out of Sandstorm? Out of sand I say Landy T is the superior option (out of sand). Better Attack, I potentially better ability and the same movepool, he hits harder right off the bat without needing sand to hit hard. In sand however, Landorus-I is the superior option.
    [/end rant]

It's much less versatile, can't run hp ice and doesn't act as such a great counter to sandstorm teams still. It is also in a very bad speed tier meaning that bluffing a scarf generally fails because scarf Landorus-T is a terrible set.

Landy T is hard to use because of stats, but if used in the right hands, it can be even more deadly. It's hard to explain. And the only reasons for HP Ice is 1- Filler and
    2- Coverage.

Specifically it can take out Dragonite in one hit which is crucial. Not just the actual move but merely the threat of it being able to force out any variants until they find out your set. It also hits opposing Landorus, Gliscor, Celebi (Lacking hp Ice). and Hippowdon forcing switches.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast