Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...? - Page 30

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikmin1211 View Post
    What if Swampert got Sap Sipper???
    It still wouldn't be able to take the heat of the Rain-Boosted Water attacks.

Much love to Zurr

Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar

But he could bash out his own Waterfalls at Mega-High Power.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Against what? Ferrothorn? Politoed? There isn't much on a good Rain team that fears a Water attack, you know.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    Against what? Ferrothorn? Politoed? There isn't much on a good Rain team that fears a Water attack, you know.
    It might not be able to fire off powerful attacks like more suitable attackers on a Rain team, but it could become quite an adequate counter to the other weather inducers if it had Sap Sipper, since it won't be fearing Grass Knot nor Abomasnow, thus helping you win the weather war. It could also potentially counter Celebi and a few other dangerous threats to a Rain team, so it might be able to work out?

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    It might not be able to fire off powerful attacks like more suitable attackers on a Rain team, but it could become quite an adequate counter to the other weather inducers if it had Sap Sipper, since it won't be fearing Grass Knot nor Abomasnow, thus helping you win the weather war. It could also potentially counter Celebi and a few other dangerous threats to a Rain team, so it might be able to work out?
    unless you are packing hammer arm or rock slide, it cant do much to abomasnow anyway and it will not like taking hail damage + blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

What if nasty plot became about as widespread as swords dance? How would tiers change if the following pokemon all received nasty plot?

Ubers: I'm pretty sure most Arceus formes would love nasty plot (seeing as a lot are offensive calm mind sets now), while mewtwo, deoxys, kyogre, rayquaza and shaymin-s might also get it. Mewtwo would become even better than it already is with that speed, while shaymin-s could spam seed flares that have 80% of halving special defense even easier. Latios might also get more usage in ubers with soul dew + nasty plot.

OU: alakazam, espeon, gothitelle, jolteon, heatran, kyurem, latios, reuniclus, starmie, tornadus-t and venusaur could get it, along with other chlorophyl sweepers that might not want to use or don't have growth. Would any of these become broken with nasty plot? Alakazam and the eevolutions would love it, as would latios and starmie. Wouldn't really know if kyurem would love it, as it's probably better off with subroost, whereas gothitelle and reuniclus would probably prefer calm mind.

UU: I'd guess Arcanine, blastoise, chandelure, cobalion, empoleon, frosslass, kingdra, meloetta, milotic, nidoking, raikou, roserade, shaymin, tornadus, virizion and zapdos. Some less sure about than others though. Empoleon might do some sort of double dance, whereas kingdra, meloetta, raikou, shaymin, tornadus, virizion and zapdos could all use it pretty well. Nidoking and chandelure would probably be too slow to effectively use it. The only thing I think might be broken with NP is Raikou. Also should yanmega get it, I think that might also be close to broken.

RU: accelgor, galvantula, magmortar, manectric, moltres, nidoqueen, sceptile, typhlosion. Accelgor would probably make great use of it with that massive speed, and sceptile would probably love it too. Manectric could use it too. Galvantula would probably become broken with it, while I think those I didn't mention are either too slow or'd rather use different sets.

NU: Nasty plot would probably break a lot of psychics like gardevoir, duosion, kadabra and haunter. Don't really know what else would use it. Exploud probably. Double dance regice?

Of course, if you feel like I missed some important pokemon you think will probably get nasty plot if it was like a tutor move, feel free to discuss that too.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Mijzelffan Well, if Sceptile got Nasty Plot (and maybe Earth Power for coverage) it would probably be banned for RU, as it is, it is the #1 most used Pokemon in that tier. Of course, there's a very real possibility that it could rise to UU (or maybe OU?) with that move before they ban it. I could see a set of NP, Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse and Earth Power working very well in UU and maybe even OU.

Venusaur would probably opt for NP over Growth in order to circumvent the weather restriction its special sets currently have on the offensive front (obviously it would still need the sun for the speed boost, but this way, it can still do something if its sunlight gets taken away.) Other than that, I don't think much would change for him.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Gengar with Nasty Plot. Galvantula with Zap Cannon. How would those work out?
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

I would LOVE to see Gengar with Nasty Plot. SubPlot Gengar can set up all day on Chansey and Blissey.

As for Galvantula, Zap Cannon still has an unreliable 65% accuracy with Compoundeyes, so no. Maybe with Gravity, but otherwise, no.
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

Blog Entries

Right. There's one more that's been on my mind too. Imposter Blissey anyone?
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

Isn't that one of the big contenders on Smogon's "Balanced Hackmons" project? I can see why it would be: practically any copied poke with 714 HP would be pretty damn difficult to deal with.
    SharKing Productions

Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar

Yeah, it's a top BH threat. (Not that I play BH)

But SapSipper Swampert could check Loom and Celebi with IcePunch, Ferro and ASnow with HammerArm, Waterfall and EQuake for STAB Coverage.
    It could work that with Choice Band/Scarf or Life Orb. Coming off of 110 Base Attack + a boost on the Switch-in, SSipper Pert would be a top-tier threat.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pikmin1211 View Post
    Yeah, it's a top BH threat. (Not that I play BH)

But SapSipper Swampert could check Loom and Celebi with IcePunch, Ferro and ASnow with HammerArm, Waterfall and EQuake for STAB Coverage.
    It could work that with Choice Band/Scarf or Life Orb. Coming off of 110 Base Attack + a boost on the Switch-in, SSipper Pert would be a top-tier threat.
    No cb Pokemon with that low a speed and lack of priority is going to be a top tier threat. The only cb mons which work are those who are pretty fast like Terrakion or the ones who have priority: dragonite and scizor. Tyranitar is the only exception but then again, it is ttar.

Again, team preview warns the opponent of swampert, so the opponent will likely tread carefully and getting a boost would be pretty hard. Tbh, Swampert would love water absorb or storm drain but troll freak decides to give it a pointless ability in dw.
    Gengarzilla likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Aerodactyl with Head Smash, Brave Bird, and Dragon Dance?

Hypnodance FTW!

@SharKing; Actually, recently it has been shown that Chansey far outclasses it for Imposter. All the people running Imposter blissey are running on old theories (a surprising number of people still run it).
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast