Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...? - Page 3

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Default Re: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Yeah, you may be able to get your Aggron or something in there on Return once, but if it uses any other move you are in big trouble. You can't OHKO it with priority either, it's a scary thought.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Fuck You, Stealth Rock sqwat500's Avatar

I always thought rapid spin on rotom would be a great addition
    ^Thanks Blazeaking Ex!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    I would say that ferrothorn should get rapid spin.It looks like a poke who can spin and he can easily come in against bulky waters and spin the hazards away.
    And he can also beat jellicent and gengar if he uses power whip on the switch.
    Seeing Ferrothorn in Pokedex 3D, I have to say that Rapid Spin would be very unorthodox with it's anatomy.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

I think that Pure Power Slaking in OU would certainly be be analogous to Reckless Staraptor in UU. It wouldn't last very long before being banned.

Rapid Spin on Ferrothorn would be nice, but I think that it would make the Pokemon suffer from moveslot syndrome. Ferrothorn more or less needs both Power Whip and Gyro Ball to check various threats.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Angad
    Ferroseed is clearly spinning in b/w sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    I think that Pure Power Slaking in OU would certainly be be analogous to Reckless Staraptor in UU. It wouldn't last very long before being banned.

Rapid Spin on Ferrothorn would be nice, but I think that it would make the Pokemon suffer from moveslot syndrome. Ferrothorn more or less needs both Power Whip and Gyro Ball to check various threats.
    Lets not forget that forretress also has rapid spin and almost the same kind of attacks.And foretress functioned fairly well in Gen4.
    A set of:
    Rapid spin
    Spikes
    Power whip
    Leech seed /gyro ball
    can work.

And gengar takes a crap load from power whip due to its stupid defenses anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

@Angad
    Ferroseed is clearly spinning in b/w sprites.

Lets not forget that forretress also has rapid spin and almost the same kind of attacks.And foretress functioned fairly well in Gen4.
    A set of:
    Rapid spin
    Spikes
    Power whip
    Leech seed /gyro ball
    can work.

And gengar takes a crap load from power whip due to its stupid defenses anyway.
    4 HP Gengar takes 35.2% - 41.4% from Power Whip, Hidden Power Fire always KO's Physically Defensive Ferrothorn, and almost 1HKO's Specially Defensive Ferrothorn, It just needs some prior damage.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    4 HP Gengar takes 35.2% - 41.4% from Power Whip, Hidden Power Fire always KO's Physically Defensive Ferrothorn, and almost 1HKO's Specially Defensive Ferrothorn, It just needs some prior damage.
    gengars always carry focus blast and not hp fire.ttar just laughs at hp fire.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

If Ferrothorn was a spinner, and a team relies on Gengar to spinblock, Hidden Power Fire might a bit more valuable. I think Magnezone would increase in usage, but then Shed Shell would too. I'm not accounting for rain, though.

Much love to Zurr

Do I have to be the ℍEℝO? Valkyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Klinklang has nice defenses and one of the best sweeping moves in the game, it could probably be half-decent if its movepool wasn't as bad as it is.

Paired to Twilightblade

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Klinklang definitely needs a better Ability. The only remotely useful one it has is Clear Body, and that's its unreleased DW Ability! Since the entire Klink family floats in the air, Klinklang would definitely appreciate Levitate.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    If Ferrothorn was a spinner, and a team relies on Gengar to spinblock, Hidden Power Fire might a bit more valuable. I think Magnezone would increase in usage, but then Shed Shell would too. I'm not accounting for rain, though.
    Gengar didn't carry hp fire for foretress in gen 4,not much reason for it do so this gen.Actually, dusknoir is a much better spinblocker than Gengar. Gengar can be used as a offensive spinblocker, BUT I HAVE ACTUALLY USED A SCARF CHANDELURE for this role and it was absolutely devastating.

Blog Entries

Gengar didn't carry hp fire for foretress in gen 4,not much reason for it do so this gen.Actually, dusknoir is a much better spinblocker than Gengar. Gengar can be used as a offensive spinblocker, BUT I HAVE ACTUALLY USED A SCARF CHANDELURE for this role and it was absolutely devastating.
    Rotom-A was the most commonly used spinblocker in DPP OU. Most people used Gengar for its offensive capabilities rather than its ability to block Rapid Spin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    Rotom-A was the most commonly used spinblocker in DPP OU. Most people used Gengar for its offensive capabilities rather than its ability to block Rapid Spin.
    Yes but rotom-a is gone now and gengar is the "candidate" for offensive spin-blocking ( and annoying with disable).

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blastoise should get Slack Off and Water Absorb to actually make it a competent wall. Also, Shell Smash, for offensive purposes and because it makes logcal sense.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

If Cofagrigus got Pain Split, would it be a better Pokemon?

Anyway, I think something missing from both Serperior and Lilligant is coverage, Lilligant more so. Therefore, it will be interesting if they have more moves to make them more flexible offensively, since their movepools are more Support-centric. I can see them becoming more useful with Earth Power, because they have the capability to use it, and it gives Hidden Power another type to choose from!

For some reason, I think Torkoal and Pinsir wished for a better type combination. Torkoal has the moves (I must add that Torkoal can learn Stealth Rock too!), but not the type. If Torkoal is the Fire/Steel type, I can see it becoming a better Rapid Spinner because a viable Fire-type Rapid Spinner is something that will be successful, with the existence of Skarmory, Forretress, Ferrothorn and more. Even Shell Smash can be a surprise move, although the Speed doesn't seem attractive. As for Pinsir, I think the part Ground-type will be a good choice, considering that its one of the Mold Breakers (it can learn Stealth Rock too, good for ignoring Magic Bounce) and the Rock weakness is gone. It will also be a crucial point to differentiate itself from Heracross.

That's it for now.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast