Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...? - Page 29

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    I think Blastoise would become a very, very annoyingly stubborn spinner; unless something crazy happens, it's pretty much guaranteed to keep those hazards off the field. I don't think it would really compete all that much with Milotic; after all, the latter doesn't have Rapid Spin. XD
    Would it be enough to make it into OU? Considering it's not U-Turn or Pursuit bait like Starmie, has Rain Dish for Rain Teams, and actual bulk.

And now for something completely different:

What if Ninetales became part Ghost, as per its lore indicates it should? How would that affect her overall battle performance? She could become her own spin blocker for one, not to mention that immunity to Fighting and Normal type moves would afford her more chances to switch in. On the flip side, she'd become Pursuit bait for T-Tar (as if she didn't have enough trouble with him already,) which would be bad.
    Overall I think Ninetales would be worse with an additional Ghost type. Pursuit weakness is not what you want for your weather starter and it couldn't really act as a spinblocker since how often it switches in is very limited, especially with rocks up.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Now for something completely different: What if some of the PokeStar Pokemon are actual usable Pokemon?

For example, there is the cute alien robot, and it has Volt Absorb, but its "evolution" has Reckless and some recoil moves. I could see it as a decent answer to those weak to Electric and Fire attacks. It would likely not be quite popular, because it has a double weakness to Fighting attacks.

As for that Dark/Ghost demon with Wonder Guard, it would almost definitely be banned because it is immune to direct damage. The moves it knows in PokeStar Studios are almost perfect, in fact. It's got recovery (Slack Off) and a stat-boost move (Swords Dance), but its coverage option isn't the best (Dual Chop and STAB Crunch). I'd say that if it gets Close Combat, it would be much harder to deal with.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

This may be crazy, but it will be all about Technician

Froslass with Technician
    This Pokemon have some special attacks that has low base power and the side effects are somewhat amazing, mainly Icy Wind, Frost Breath and Ominous Wind. With Technician, Frost Breath has the same base power as any other priority attack under Technician, and instead of Priority, it gets a 100% critical hit chance, which ignores SpDef boost and can upset some Pokemon especially Sigilyph with Cosmic Power, Latias with Calm Mind, Dragonite's Multi Scale ignored and so of Simple Swoobat with Calm Mind. Ominous Wind has little PP but is 15 higher bass power than Shadow Ball (90 after Tech boost and 135 after STAB, whie Shadow Ball has 120 after STAB), and the bonus is getting a chance on stat boosts. Icy Wind lowers the speed of opponent and have a base power of 82.5 before STAB, slightly lower than Ice Beam. I do not think Water Pulse will work well but it is obtainable through breeding and have a chance to inflict confusion.

Dewgong with Technician
    Same as above for Icy Wind or Frost Breath. But this time Water Pulse has a 135 base power after STAB and is actually usable. (Still a low base stat thought)

Tecnician Klinklang, Marowak, Garchomp or Haxorus
    Seriously, Klinkland and Marowak will still be OK but the latter just overpowerd with this. Klinklang will get his Gear Grind to the top of possible power, but its the only viable move thats boosted. Marowak is the same case for Bonemerang but an additional choice for Bulldoze, which can lower speed, and oh, Smack Down with 75 power! A viable Rock move with perfect Accuracy! I am not quite sure Aerial Ace will help it but it seems viable for me.
    Garchomp and Haxorus, the only two Dragon that have access to Dual Chop, and that takes care of Outrage's confusion problem totally. (This two is too OP and I do not actually suggest doing it, just for the information)

Technician Victreebel
    Doesn't sound interesting? How about a 90 BP Grass Move and a 75 BP Poison that will never-ever miss unless they disappear using Fly, Dig, Dive, Bounce, or Shadow Force? Tadaah! Magical Leaf and ....... hey, I didn't mention that this move even removes stat boost.... Clear Smog! Now it do sound interesting, isn't it? 75 BP may not par with Sludge Bomb but its additional effect can be ridiculous.

Golurk with Technician (An example of back fire LOL)
    90 BP Bulldoze..... 90 BP Shadow Punch...But losing Dynamic Punch because of it will miss since you don't have No Guard? Low Sweep may help thought it has 10 less base power than Dynamic Punch and minus the confuse effect, but plus the lower speed effect.......... Wait, am I kidding? This is a joke! Its slow and needs Trick Room, Lowering sped a little won't help much and lowering too much will make enemy faster in Trick Room..... Bulldoze and Low Sweep is just meh. (just ignore this one)

Techni-priority/multi-hit
    I guess I am not listing this, or this page will be too long and some already exist in metagame, like Scizor and Breloom. But one notable Pokemon, Weavile who can possess Techni-Beat Up (As scary as it sounds) and Ice Shard at the same time (Low Kick or Low Sweep also helps).

Techni-Revenge/Payback or Unmissable move
    A lot of Pokemon know these moves like Aerial Ace, Magical Leaf, Feint Attack etc and also Revenge and Payback (Which is made viable even your opponent did not attack you that turn) and some already exist in metagame, like Scizor have Aerial Ace and Mr.Mime has Magical Leaf. Notably Cacturne, who have Feint Attack, Payback and also signature move Needle Arm, which has 90 BP before STAB, same as Leaf Blade but instead of the small crit chance, a 30% flich chance is given.

I'll stop here and may continue next time, but simply don't say that Pokemon like Technician Haxorus, Garchomp, Thundurus, Latios are not mentioned... They already got enough to hold themselves as a strong Pokemon and some Pokemon's move pool that moves lower than 60 base attack goes the polar opposite of their base stat. I only look into Pokemon that are slightly weaker or weak and can get use of this ability with their move pool, as they are the one who will actually need this ability.
    Last edited by Mareepy; 23rd September 2012 at 06:58 AM.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I would love to see Froslass with Technician. Frost Breath would just be ridiculous, with a power technically surpassing Ice Beam (120 > 95) and the quirk of completely ignoring Sp. Defense boosts. Hidden Power would also benefit, since you can get its base power to 60 (or 59, just to make sure it works). All this, combined with its own Calm Mind or Nasty Plot (pretty please, GF?) would make it a fearsome sweeper, no doubt.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Technician Weavile would be so so good. Ice Shard, Fake Out, Faint Attack, Quick Attack, Low Sweep, Pursuit all benefit from it so much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Technician Weavile would be so so good. Ice Shard, Fake Out, Faint Attack, Quick Attack, Low Sweep, Pursuit all benefit from it so much.
    It would still have most of it's issues, though. It can't really hit through heavy walls, and Scizor ruins its day.

Much love to Zurr

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Here's something I just thought of: What if Chandelure is Ghost/Steel? Note that it's only the type combination that changed, meaning that Flash Fire will still be Chandelure's ability. This type combination has some sense because Chandelure is made of something metal, which is of course the chandelier. The result would be similar to Heatran: a Pokemon blessed with key resistances, as missing two of Steel's worst weaknesses is something.

Overall, I think Chandelure will all in all be better if that's the case. The good is that it has only one weakness, and other resistances will help it, like no longer being weak to Rock, and all in all be a great Spinblocker, especially in the Sun where Water attacks are weaker, and it could fire off powerful Fire attacks in return. Losing Pursuit weakness also makes Tyranitar not as threatening. However, it means it will be trapped by Magnezone, but it's largely a non-issue if Chandelure is packing a Fire attack. Shadow Tag will be even better, though it exchanges it for a weakness to Fire. The disadvantage is it loses a Fire STAB, and being weak to Fire if it's not Flash Fire. Overall though, it would be too good for Chandelure.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

I do so love the sheer power of STAB Flash Fire-boosted Fire Blast in the Sun, but a Ghost/Steel typing would be pretty great for it in any case, even if its only good STAB then would be Shadow Ball.
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

Blog Entries

What if Pickpocket worked when attacking with contact moves? Normal Gem Fake Out on Weavile or Shiftry, stealing the opponents item and making them flinch. I actually tried testing this before I found out that Pickpocket doesn't work that way, it saddened me a little. It did help me come up with an alternative set to use for Weavile with Pickpocket, as far as I understand it should work but I haven't tested it so I guess you could call it Theorymon for now.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    Pickpocket
    252 Attack / 252 Speed
    -Counter
    -Fake Out
    -Ice Shard
    -Pursuit

Yeah, I know, the base power on everything is terrible, once again showing that Technician would have made sense, anyway, the strategy would be to Fake Out first turn (or possibly Pursuit on a Ghost type) use Counter next turn if you're going to be attacked by a physical move, Focus Sash activates, you get their item (if contact is made) and KO with Counter. This is if Pickpocket activates after the Focus Sash is removed, which I'm unsure of, if it does this set should be possible.

Most things that you can hit with counter are either hit better with Ice Shard (one of the physical dragons) or could be KO'd by brick break anyway if you used it.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that and the fact that the set is utterly ruined by weather and entry hazards, just wanted to test the gimmick but I found I'd pretty much need to build my team around it anyway, still though, I like trying to throw in some creativity.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

What if Stunky and Stuntank had Flame Charge?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

It probably wouldn't be that big a deal. It chiefly relies on Sucker Punch to get a quick hit anyway, and with the Explosion nerf, it's pretty much stuck with trapping things in NU. It wouldn't be able to use the speed from Flame Charge all that well.
    SharKing Productions

Blog Entries

Electivire with speed boost, or Moxie would be awesome.

Same thing with lucario.
    Last edited by Angad; 4th November 2012 at 10:07 PM.

I Claim Groudon.Yay

Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar

What if Swampert got Sap Sipper???

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast