Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...? - Page 22

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

\how about hitmontop with regeneration. Its one of my fav defensive pokemon and because it doesn't have reliable recovery it can make it even better.

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bouffalant Herdier View Post
    What if Darkrai had Compoundeyes?
    I think it would be pointless. lol I Understand you want Dark Void to have Like 100 Percent Accuracy but you might as well just give it a Wide Lens and Keep the Bad Dreams Ability.

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

shedinja with sturdy = invincable.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlaziken View Post
    shedinja with sturdy = invincable.
    Nothing could be farther from the truth. Any hazard damage, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Sandstorm or Hail damage, Leech Seed, Iron Barbs, attacks from Pokemon with Mold Breaker, and Multi-hit moves such as Icicle Spear will put an end to Sturdy Shedinja instantly. Very rarely do I encounter a Shedinja and actually eliminate it via direct damage, indirect sources of damage are simply everywhere.

Tuché
    but it woild still be a very irritating pokemon

actually I'd like a legal (online, that means no mew) pokemon that canlearn all TM moves with higher base stats than smeargle [doble] (irritating fact: smeargles base stat total is the same as bidoof's making him only really good for status or tech boosted moves)

Blog Entries

Has the thread ever gone through having some Pokemons with Sniper (As logical choices, Octillery and Kingdra come to mind) to have Frost Breath, or similar move that has 100% Crit?

As awesome as a 3x multiplyer is, frost breath has a base power of 40. Multiply that by 3 and you have a 90% accuracy ice move with equal power to blizzard (although frost breath won't freeze an opponent.

Technician would work better because it will multiply moves power by 1.5 before doubling it for critical (3.5x multiplyer) which will at least make the base power of frost breath 140. (tech boosts are applied after specific multiplyers eg: x2 pursuit when switching, but before critical hit multiplyers)

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

What if Flareon got Technician as a Dream World ability rather than Guts? It could run Flame Charge a lot more effectively, I think, and would also help power up a lot of its more lackluster physical moves (I'm thinking mainly Quick Attack for priority, which is always useful, and Bite for coverage).
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lilligant with Fiery Dance?

She is a sunlight sweeper, so it would deal plenty of damage, and that extra special attack boost would be fantastic. It would also give her needed coverage.

Sounds like her ideal move... But I'm mostly curious as if this would be really THAT good.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

What if Raichu could use the Light Ball like Pikachu?
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

Blog Entries

I promished I'd be more active around here, didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    \how about hitmontop with regeneration. Its one of my fav defensive pokemon and because it doesn't have reliable recovery it can make it even better.
    It would be good, yes. But I don't think it would be any better than Technitop or every other Intimidate set - which is paramount to its bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    What if Flareon got Technician as a Dream World ability rather than Guts? It could run Flame Charge a lot more effectively, I think, and would also help power up a lot of its more lackluster physical moves (I'm thinking mainly Quick Attack for priority, which is always useful, and Bite for coverage).
    Even with Technician, his strongest stab move is 75. His physical movepool is awful and very underwhelming, so it wouldn't be very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Lilligant with Fiery Dance?

She is a sunlight sweeper, so it would deal plenty of damage, and that extra special attack boost would be fantastic. It would also give her needed coverage.

Sounds like her ideal move... But I'm mostly curious as if this would be really THAT good.
    Well, it's not very realistic, but it would definitely be a staple on most sets. Its movepool is pretty awful so it would warrant a slot, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambipom666 View Post
    What if Raichu could use the Light Ball like Pikachu?
    Eh. Its frailty and speed would pretty much ensure it wouldn't be all that much better than Pikachu is. It would still be slightly more useable, but not good enough for anything past UU, provided it could even get that far.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

What would happen if Celebi is Ghost/Grass instead of Psychic/Grass?

I imagine that Celebi would fare better against VoltTurn, since the typing made it not weak to Bug. The only big change is that it won't resist Psychic, but being immune to Rapid Spin allows it to threaten some common Spinners, especially Donphan and Starmie. The lack of weakness to Bug and Poison are pretty useful too. Perhaps it could perform the Calm Mind set better with only two coverage moves (Shadow Ball and HP Fighting) because there is less weaknesses. It would be interesting to know how Celebi would fare if it could learn Curse, because we never know how effective it is to combo Ghost Curse and Recover.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    What would happen if Celebi is Ghost/Grass instead of Psychic/Grass?

I imagine that Celebi would fare better against VoltTurn, since the typing made it not weak to Bug. The only big change is that it won't resist Psychic, but being immune to Rapid Spin allows it to threaten some common Spinners, especially Donphan and Starmie. The lack of weakness to Bug and Poison are pretty useful too. Perhaps it could perform the Calm Mind set better with only two coverage moves (Shadow Ball and HP Fighting) because there is less weaknesses. It would be interesting to know how Celebi would fare if it could learn Curse, because we never know how effective it is to combo Ghost Curse and Recover.

Thanks for reading.
    Just out of curiosity, what made you think of Ghost/Grass Celebi?

It's certainly an interesting combination on him. Calm Mind, Recover, Shadow Ball, HP Fighting... I would say that it be marginally more effective than Giga Drain/HP Fire. All he really loses is Psychic resistance, which I think is more than a fair trade.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what made you think of Ghost/Grass Celebi?
    I thought of this because it just came to me. Besides, I often thought that the Ghost-type have it a lot better than Psychic-type, because they have immunities and perfect coverage with just one type (in this case, Fighting). Besides, I like the idea of a Grass/Ghost-type, since it has some unique possibilities, like Curse and Leech Seed (Curse on the opposition, and if they switch, Leech Seed whatever's coming in). I guess there could be some similarity between Celebi's head and Froslass' head too.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

A Ghost/Grass type would be an amazing subseeder, with all those nice immunities to set up with. Ghost/Grass is a much better offensive typing too, which improves the coverage of a Nasty Plot set as well as giving more setup opportunities.
    Plus that means Celebi would probably also get Will-o-Wisp, which would be a nice addition for support sets.

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast