Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...? - Page 2

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutvik View Post
    Why doesn't whiscash get simple(ability)?
    It has dragon dance and with simple,it could atleast come out of nu.
    And its not that impossible, because only dumb looking pokes get simple,and imo whiscash looks dumb.
    With simple, it can get to +2 atk/speed with one dd.That would really help it.
    Yeah, even with Whiscash's low Speed, Simple Dance is a pretty tempting concept, especially since it has a great typing in both offense and defense and quite a bit of bulk, easily allowing it to get to +4 in Attack and Speed in most cases.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

I like the idea of Tech Weavile and Simple Whiscash, I really do. Tech Weavile needs to happen!

Anyway, how about Flygon with Tinted Lens, Quiver Dance + Dragon Dance? All three make perfect sense.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

I'm not understanding Quiver Dance on Flygon, but otherwise it does seem logical. If Levitate Pokemon has Dream World abilities, I'm certain that it would have Tinted Lens, which would give it a Niche over Salamence, and with Dragon Dance, it could have had a niche over Garchomp.

Much love to Zurr

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But flygon already has perfect coverage in three moves(dragon/ground/fire).
    I would say that ferrothorn should get rapid spin.It looks like a poke who can spin and he can easily come in against bulky waters and spin the hazards away.
    And he can also beat jellicent and gengar if he uses power whip on the switch.

Starmie should get Regenerator.Then a trick set would be especially deadly, as long as one can keep pursuit users at bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

The Levitate ability, along with Angad's suggestion of Stealth Rock, would allow Golurk to check the most powerful rapid spinner, Excadrill, and set up Stealth Rock on its own. With those changes, I could definitely see Golurk being one of the most viable spinblockers in OU.

Blog Entries

That would be a better ability than Klutz.

Much love to Zurr

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do agree with Ferrothorn getting Rapid Spin, C'mon, Ferroseed's sprite is clearly spinning in its animation!

I'm wondering what would've happened if Explosion hadn't been nerfed.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

Ferrothorn getting Rapid Spin would probably lower Starmie and Forretress usage.

Much love to Zurr

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    Ferrothorn getting Rapid Spin would probably lower Starmie and Forretress usage.
    both took a major hit this gen anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Well, Ferrothorn can hit the some predominately OU ghosts rather hard with Gyro Ball for Gengar, and Power Whip for Jellicent, although with Rapid Spin, it would likely have to sacrifice one of the moves for it.

Much love to Zurr

I would say it would also increase the usage of Fire attacks, but lets be honest I don't think they can increase any more xD

Regigigas would be interesting with Rest and/or Protect. I was having this discussion with Blitzle, but I really don't think he would be overpowered in today's game. The most 'centralizing' he would do would be ensure that most people run powerful Fighting types or appropriate phazers. I would have to do a calc, but I would think something like Mienshao HJK would be sufficient to take him out. Protect would let him get past slow start sometimes, but that makes him setup bait if he does it too predictably. There is also Skarmory to phaze in OU (Fire Punch won't do that much until he gets his full Attack stat).

Tinted Lens Flygon would actually be pretty fearsome (I won't even think about Dragon Dance + Tinted Lens, that would be unstoppable outside of Ice priority/Scarfed Ice moves). Beyond revenge killing it, it's pretty hard to tank unresisted CB Outrage or CSpecs Draco Meteor. Outrage has a decent chance to 2HKO physically defensive Skarm after SR (45.8%-53.9%). Draco Meteor would do 57.4-67.6% to standard Ferrothorn. Not a 2HKO without significant hazard damage, but can definitely wear it down. Of course, on the specs set you could try to use your Fire move to kill him anyway, or forego the Specs. Life Orb Modest Flygon would do 49.4-58.2% with Draco Meteor. You could easily 2HKO with the following Fire Blast.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    Regigigas would be interesting with Rest and/or Protect. I was having this discussion with Blitzle, but I really don't think he would be overpowered in today's game. The most 'centralizing' he would do would be ensure that most people run powerful Fighting types or appropriate phazers. I would have to do a calc, but I would think something like Mienshao HJK would be sufficient to take him out. Protect would let him get past slow start sometimes, but that makes him setup bait if he does it too predictably. There is also Skarmory to phaze in OU (Fire Punch won't do that much until he gets his full Attack stat).
    I'd like to imagine that there would be teams that would based off Regigigas in that situation, but I don't think Sub+Protect would help him all too much considering the threats that you mentioned. Magnezone and Stallbreaker Mew would be two very good friends to it, but Conkeldurr would be a burden to the team, though.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Still, it's a shame that Regigigas had to be denied Rest and Protect. Slow Start is more than enough to keep this golem king from being broken; Game Freak tried way too hard to keep it down.
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

By the way, I was thinking a little more about Huge Power Slaking. That thing is hilarious. Nothing can avoid a 2HKO from Choice Band Return except Rock/Steel types and Steelix with Defense investment (Standard Steelix with 252 HP / 252 SpD will be 2HKO'd).
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Blog Entries

Huge Power Slaking would make the ultimate Choice Scarf revenge-killer and the ultimate Choice Band wall-smasher. No doubt it'd be Uber. XD
    SharKing Productions

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast