Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...? - Page 12

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Theorymonning: What if this Pokemon had...?

Quote Originally Posted by League View Post
    Regarding Swampert, well, if Swampert had Sap Sipper, then I dare say that it wouldn't have been a starter pokemon at any time in its life. The Water pokemon is "scissors," after all, in a repeated, simplish formula.
    Well, if it had gotten it through the DW over Damp, then as a concept it's definitely plausible. I don't think GF would ever troll so hard especially considering Pert's gotten its fair share of useage the previous two generations.

But such is not a competitive observation. Regardless, I don't like speculation of this sort. It equates to "What if we took a pokemon's very big weakness--that also being its only weakness--and made it so that it was immune to this weakness (or better, with Sap Sipper) completely?" The same thing could be done with Scizor, Forretress, and other pokemon I'm sure that I don't care to think about.
    That's fair enough and I can understand your viewpoint - it was merely meant as an observation, and wondering whether it would get evicted from OU.

Also, I don't think a NP set would work, although replacing Taunt with Sub might be more effective. Its Seismic Toss will break the Sub, but it gaurantess a "free" turn if its used on a Wish/Protect/status or a switch in. It would probably kill itself from rocks damage and Subbing, but eh.

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Think about if the Gastly line got Illusion... would their usage rise, despite the removal of Levitate?
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Gengar has better special defense, speed, and special attack (shocking!) than Zoroark, but only because Zoroark's stats are such that it is a mixed sweeper. (Gengar's attack isn't a useful stat.) Gengar would have 4 weaknesses (Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Ground) and 2 immunities (Fighting, Dark)...

Gengar would be pretty nasty, but with caveats.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

If Gengar got Illusion than it'd probably see a bit more usage on gimmick teams that revolve around Illusion (and yes, those would exist if this were to happen). Although since Gengar boasts the Ghost typing, it can easily disguise itself as Blissey and set up on Terrakion or SD Virizion or any other Fighting types (I'll assume this ability comes with Nasty Plot).
    Charizard should have been of the ice type.

When I'm sad I just sing, and then I realize my voice is worse than my problems.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Levitate > Illusion, IMO. An immunity to an attacking type like ground is too good to pass up.

Blog Entries

It'd be interesting, though, seeing Gengar wouldn't always mean illusion so it could be used to fake people out. T-Spikes would ruin the plan, though,.

Much love to Zurr

It's always a bonus to absorb Toxic Spikes no matter what the cost. Although that would ruin the Illusion unless your opponent has an extremely short-term memory.

Stuff like SubDisable Gengar would suddenly become much easier to set up with Illusion. Although suddenly you probably want to be disguising yourself as things like Zapdos or Weavile.
    Charizard should have been of the ice type.

When I'm sad I just sing, and then I realize my voice is worse than my problems.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Charizard View Post
    It's always a bonus to absorb Toxic Spikes no matter what the cost. Although that would ruin the Illusion unless your opponent has an extremely short-term memory.
    Missing one-line things in battles happens way too often - the number of times people have used a Ground-type attack against a Pokémon on my team that's holding an Air Balloon is ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Charizard View Post

Stuff like SubDisable Gengar would suddenly become much easier to set up with Illusion. Although suddenly you probably want to be disguising yourself as things like Zapdos or Weavile.
    Not those two because they are Stealth Rock weak, but maybe Heatran with Balloon?

Much love to Zurr

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

What if Skarmory had an evolution... and it could use Eviolite :o

No Leftovers/Shed Shell would be a downside, but its defences would be insane and it still has Roost for healing.

I don't know if I worked this out right but:

Careful 252 HP/252 Sp.Def ; 334 HP/464 Def/393 Sp.Def.

I don't even think it would need to run a defensive spread (Impish 252 HP/xx Def) because that spread above already has more defence than its current OU set (334/416 compared with 334/464) which obviously works well enough in the current metagame and it still has ~50 more. So I'd just go specially defensive with the EV's.

But for the lulz:

Impish 252 HP/252 Def ; 334/624/264

I guess this has been brought up before but it only just occured to me.

If I've worked this out wrong then can someone correct me? :p

Edit: Actually, I think I've worked it out wrong. Oh well. Someone who knows what they are talking about can correct me since I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Zeb; 28th November 2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTheCreator View Post
    I was talking to Angad a few months ago and he said that Flareon would benefit better from Sacred Fire
    DO WANT. Sacred Fire would be absolutely AMAZING on Flareon, but since it's Ho-oh's signature move, I can't really see that happening. Life Orb, physical fire STAB, and then maybe EQ, Dragon Tail, and Wish would make Flareon an absolute beast.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I think a strong priority move such as Sucker Punch in addition to a decent physical STAB would benefit Flareon greatly. It already has Flame Charge to boost it's speed, but having access to Guts boosted priority would help lessen the inferiority complex to Darmanitan and Arcanine.
    Not to mention it would allow you to revenge kill something and activate Toxic Orb simultaneously. Of course Flareon would still have a lot of issues, but at least it would have a bit more of a niche.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    DO WANT. Sacred Fire would be absolutely AMAZING on Flareon, but since it's Ho-oh's signature move, I can't really see that happening. Life Orb, physical fire STAB, and then maybe EQ, Dragon Tail, and Wish would make Flareon an absolute beast.
    Lucario did get Bonemarang though, which was Cubone and Marowak's signiture move up until 4th Gen

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTheCreator View Post
    Lucario did get Bonemarang though, which was Cubone and Marowak's signiture move up until 4th Gen
    Lucario got Bone Rush, not Bonemerang. In either case, Bone Rush isn't a legendary's signature move. So far no non-legendary Pokemon beside Smeargle can learn legendary signature moves (though some legendaries have been privy to other legendaries signatures, such as the 10th movie event Darkrai).

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    What if Skarmory had an evolution... and it could use Eviolite :o

No Leftovers/Shed Shell would be a downside, but its defences would be insane and it still has Roost for healing.

I don't know if I worked this out right but:

Careful 252 HP/252 Sp.Def ; 334 HP/464 Def/393 Sp.Def.

I don't even think it would need to run a defensive spread (Impish 252 HP/xx Def) because that spread above already has more defence than its current OU set (334/416 compared with 334/464) which obviously works well enough in the current metagame and it still has ~50 more. So I'd just go specially defensive with the EV's.

But for the lulz:

Impish 252 HP/252 Def ; 334/624/264

I guess this has been brought up before but it only just occured to me.

If I've worked this out wrong then can someone correct me? :p

Edit: Actually, I think I've worked it out wrong. Oh well. Someone who knows what they are talking about can correct me since I don't know what I'm talking about.
    A careful Skarmory with the standard 252 / 232 / 24 (speed) spread would have the following stats:

334 HP
    474 Def
    385 SpD

Those stats are pretty incredible, lol.

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast