Team recommendations?

Thread: Team recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team recommendations?

Hi all. So I've been having quite a struggle on deciding my Pokemon Black Team. I like playing on Random Matchup, but I always lose cause I fail to have a balanced team with strategy. Can someone give me some pointers on battle strategy and a balanced team?

totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Team recommendations?

well i'm no expert, but i would start out by choosing you favorite pokemon that cover each others weaknesses
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526
    Mii Name=Amelia
    X IGN=Kristiel(female)
    Y IGN=Brunien(male)

Post Thanks / Like

So maybe, Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur?

totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

yes, but in there, you but something that can cover a psychic type, a electric type, maybe others
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526
    Mii Name=Amelia
    X IGN=Kristiel(female)
    Y IGN=Brunien(male)

Slacker Extraordinaire SanchoSuitcase's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxY2ZxX View Post
    For Charizard, you're really REALLY going to have to look out for those blasted Stealth Rocks (or as I call them, Tiptoeing Tectonics, nvm that). Perhaps toss a DW Espeon into the team, assuming you have access to one. Magic Bounce is absolutely amazing, bounces back any status.

Speaking of status, you're going to need a status inducer for those pesky walls and those who try to set up on you. Ignoring the addtion of another Grass type, I would strongly recommend Whimsicott. His ability Prankster is fucking stellar, in addition to Whimsicott's impressive bulk and broad movepool. Taunt to shut down status inducers, Stun Spore to cut speed, Leech Seed to sap HP, Memento to fuck over sweepers, Toxic to melt walls, Substitute to aid your team mates, etc. The list goes on and on. Sableye can perform this task too, other than his poor HP. He can serve as a Psychic type switch in for Venusaur as well.

Also, for a Ground type switch in for Blastoise, you may want to try Golurk. His Ghost/Ground typing can be very useful, plus Iron Fist + Hammer Arm and Shadow Punch supported by his vast Base Attack is pretty sweet.

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just need to point out that your avatar is red and you're using the three kanto starters and DV suggested an electric type
    (red's team= three kanto starters + pikachu, an electric type,... and a couple others.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SanchoSuitcase View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XxY2ZxX View Post
    For Charizard, you're really REALLY going to have to look out for those blasted Stealth Rocks (or as I call them, Tiptoeing Tectonics, nvm that). Perhaps toss a DW Espeon into the team, assuming you have access to one. Magic Bounce is absolutely amazing, bounces back any status.

Speaking of status, you're going to need a status inducer for those pesky walls and those who try to set up on you. Ignoring the addtion of another Grass type, I would strongly recommend Whimsicott. His ability Prankster is fucking stellar, in addition to Whimsicott's impressive bulk and broad movepool. Taunt to shut down status inducers, Stun Spore to cut speed, Leech Seed to sap HP, Memento to fuck over sweepers, Toxic to melt walls, Substitute to aid your team mates, etc. The list goes on and on. Sableye can perform this task too, other than his poor HP. He can serve as a Psychic type switch in for Venusaur as well.

Also, for a Ground type switch in for Blastoise, you may want to try Golurk. His Ghost/Ground typing can be very useful, plus Iron Fist + Hammer Arm and Shadow Punch supported by his vast Base Attack is pretty sweet.
    Stealth Rock is very rare on random mathup.

to the OP, make sure you have something which works well against common mons like focus sash weavile, etc. Using something like Abomasnow which brings hail and removes other beneficial weather also works.

If you want movesets, I would recommend getting a drought ninetales and dw charizard(normal ones can also work) and dw venusaur.

For blastiose, get a dw blastoise and dw politoed if you can, then get something which works well in rain like jolteon, pikachu, dragonite, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.