Team Advice Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Team Advice Thread

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Team Advice Thread

Why do people use the Life Orb? It literally hurts Pokemon more. Because it causes them to take more damage from hits. :/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Why do people use the Life Orb? It literally hurts Pokemon more. Because it causes them to take more damage from hits. :/
    But it gives a 30% damage boost to all damaging moves and that's pretty awesome. Also Sheer Force + Life Orb is a deadly combo because Sheer Force removes the recoil from the Life Orb and it still gives the 30% damage boost, combined with Sheer Force it gives 60% damage boost to all damaging moves with secondary effects, 30% from the Life Orb and 30% from Sheer Force.

Claimer of Garchomp

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    But it gives a 30% damage boost to all damaging moves and that's pretty awesome. Also Sheer Force + Life Orb is a deadly combo because Sheer Force removes the recoil from the Life Orb and it still gives the 30% damage boost, combined with Sheer Force it gives 60% damage boost to all damaging moves with secondary effects, 30% from the Life Orb and 30% from Sheer Force.
    Ah, I see. But I'm not sure how it would benefit any of my team members since they don't know Sheer Force and some of them have poor defenses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    Ah, I see. But I'm not sure how it would benefit any of my team members since they don't know Sheer Force and some of them have poor defenses.
    It's mostly used by pokemon that can't take a hit and are powerful offensively such as Darmanitan and Electivire or pokemon that have acess to an healing move such as Recover or Roost.

Claimer of Garchomp

Hey, I have pokemon Y and I have done around 30 online battles and have an okay win rate but I have been using my Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal/Aegislash. I have been running through the E4 to train up some of my pokemon and I would like to make a good non-legendary battle team for mostly single flat battles.
    I have plenty of pokemon but the ones I have seen that people say are good are:
    Ampharos-72
    Metagross-54
    Blaziken-64
    Gardevoir-56
    Blastoise-39
    Meowstic-28
    Lucario-53
    Hawlucha-100
    Mawile-24
    Tyrantrum-86
    Charizard-48
    Greninja-57
    Alakazam-31
    Aegislash-81

Sorry for the long post but I would really appreciate the help. I would appreciate it if you reply in pm because I might not see it here but I will look.

Thank you very much.

Hello there guys, I wanted to build a team that is good for Mega Charizard Y :D any advice? I also wanted to know a good team for Mega Charizard X :D thanks in advance!!!

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

regardless of what charizard you're using, you'll find that it's generally imperative that you have a rapid spinner or defogger –*excadrill is arguably the best option at the moment, but starmie and mandibuzz are useful for rapid spin and defog, respectively. for mega charizard x, you're generally going to want to run something that can take care of dragons, namely garchomp and noivern, since they will more often than not stop mega charizard's rampage. it'd be very good to have something that can wear down bulky grounds and things that aren't hit SE by either of the lizard's stabs, like hippowdon or tyranitar, for instance. mega charizard y is a little trickier, but you should definitely have a spinner, defog user, or magic bounce user for it as well – since it still harbors the x4 weakness to stealth rock, it's even more important that you have a spinner than it is for zard x. uh, i'd recommend something that can deal with bulky waters/azumarill/things faster than mega zard y, and especially tyranitar. if you have those things, you should be good to go.

@Kelleo;

the point of using life orb is generally to be able to ruin things with fast and hard hitters. these pokemon aren't really meant to take hits, but are instead meant to do a lot of damage and get out or faint. using life orb on, say, defensive hippowdon would be a very bad idea because it needs longevity since its role is generally to take hits and deal out moderate amounts of damage and wear down the opponent through passive damage. however, using it on thundurus isn't such a bad idea because it really likes the extra firepower. moreover, it's not going to be taking many crucial hits, but instead deals out a lot of damage and can eventually sweep before it's knocked out. there are also certain pokemon who need all the power they can get to secure certain kos and life orb + stealth rock allows them to do so without being choice-locked. life orb is something that certainly doesn't work on every pokemon, not even every offensive pokemon (try using a life orb tyranitar –*it won't end well), but it does serve a very specific, very important role. then there are pokemon that use lo + sheer force or magic guard and just straight-up don't take any recoil damage on certain moves w/ sheer force and magic guard users don't take any extra damage at all (examples: landorus, clefable in lower tiers). additionally, life orb + sheer force gives certain moves a 1.7x increase in power (i don't think it's 1.6 like the person below you stated – you multiply the boosts, you don't add them iirc), which is obviously pretty ridiculous!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scheisskopf View Post
    regardless of what charizard you're using, you'll find that it's generally imperative that you have a rapid spinner or defogger –*excadrill is arguably the best option at the moment, but starmie and mandibuzz are useful for rapid spin and defog, respectively. for mega charizard x, you're generally going to want to run something that can take care of dragons, namely garchomp and noivern, since they will more often than not stop mega charizard's rampage. it'd be very good to have something that can wear down bulky grounds and things that aren't hit SE by either of the lizard's stabs, like hippowdon or tyranitar, for instance. mega charizard y is a little trickier, but you should definitely have a spinner, defog user, or magic bounce user for it as well – since it still harbors the x4 weakness to stealth rock, it's even more important that you have a spinner than it is for zard x. uh, i'd recommend something that can deal with bulky waters/azumarill/things faster than mega zard y, and especially tyranitar. if you have those things, you should be good to go.

@Kelleo;

the point of using life orb is generally to be able to ruin things with fast and hard hitters. these pokemon aren't really meant to take hits, but are instead meant to do a lot of damage and get out or faint. using life orb on, say, defensive hippowdon would be a very bad idea because it needs longevity since its role is generally to take hits and deal out moderate amounts of damage and wear down the opponent through passive damage. however, using it on thundurus isn't such a bad idea because it really likes the extra firepower. moreover, it's not going to be taking many crucial hits, but instead deals out a lot of damage and can eventually sweep before it's knocked out. there are also certain pokemon who need all the power they can get to secure certain kos and life orb + stealth rock allows them to do so without being choice-locked. life orb is something that certainly doesn't work on every pokemon, not even every offensive pokemon (try using a life orb tyranitar –*it won't end well), but it does serve a very specific, very important role. then there are pokemon that use lo + sheer force or magic guard and just straight-up don't take any recoil damage on certain moves w/ sheer force and magic guard users don't take any extra damage at all (examples: landorus, clefable in lower tiers). additionally, life orb + sheer force gives certain moves a 1.7x increase in power (i don't think it's 1.6 like the person below you stated – you multiply the boosts, you don't add them iirc), which is obviously pretty ridiculous!
    Yeah Life Orb and Sheer Force boost is multipllied and not added. Like Nidoking's Fire Blast base power wtih Sheer Force + Life Orb goes from 110 to 185 because it's 110*1,3*1,3 = 185 wich is freaking ridiculous.
    Last edited by Norzan; 17th December 2013 at 05:09 PM.

Claimer of Garchomp

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234