Team Advice Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Team Advice Thread

Default Re: Team Advice Thread

Allright, here goes.

So i've been breeding and battling competitevly with my Pokemon Y.
    Please note that all pokemon have outstanding 3 or 4 IV's as the judge says :)

So far my team is.

Gliscor
    Impish Nature, Poison Heal ability
    252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 4HP
    -Toxic
    -Feint Attack
    -Guillotine
    -Acrobatics

Venusaur @ Venurasite
    Chlorophyl ability, Bold Nature
    252Def, 252Sp. Def, 4HP
    -Sleep Powder
    -Giga Drain
    -Petal Dance
    -Other grass move i forgot

(black) Charizard @ Charizardite Y
    Sassy Nature, Blaze ability
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4Sp. Attack
    -Flare Blitz
    -Flamethrower
    -Fiery Breath
    -Fly
    The reason i've bred a black Charizard is quite simple, with his mega evolution Y, to somebody who isn't paying attention they will think it's actually a Dragon type like in X.
    I allready had a few people using Ice Beam on him :D
    It's also my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Greninja
    Protean Ability, Timid Nature
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Attack
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Night Slash
    -Extrasensory

So far I've won a couple of wi-fi battles and lost a couple, atm i'm using Venusaur, Greninja, Charizard.
    Venusaur is a good tank, greninja and Charizard as two sweepers.
    But atm i'm looking to improve my team, Gliscor can also be used as a tank, and that was my first plan but I believe or think that Venusaur is superior in this.
    Especially with Mega Charizard's drought.
    Greninja is has coverage for pretty much Ground, fire, Dragon, flying Ghost, fighting.

Now I don't know, i'm feeling i'm still loosing too much, and my plan is to go ranked.
    i've been thinking to use Larvitar as a tank? is this a good choice instead of Venusaur and/of Gliscor?

any tips of you guys?

Blog Entries

Sorry, but your sets just aren't very good. Are you new? If so, welcome to the community! It was a great idea to come here for help. I've standardized your sets a little bit and tried to make them easy to use. Some of them will require re-breeding but that's pretty easy in X and Y. I have modified them from the standard Smogon sets a little, mostly adding Sludge Bomb and U-Turn over HP Fire on Venusaur and Greninja so as to ease breeding for you. When playing, you should try to get up 2+ layers of Spikes with Greninja and then bring in Charizard when it dies, MegaEvolve, and use Flame Charge if you think they will switch or the appropriate move if you think they'll stay in. You can then soften up the opponent' steam with Charizard, possibly sweeping, and bring Venusaur in to clean up afterwards - Growth gives a +2 boost to Special Attack (and Attack, but that doesn't matter) under the Sun and Chlorophyll doubles your Speed, making it hard for opponents to handle you once you've softened them with Charizard. If it looks like they have a good Greninja counter on their team, such as something with Taunt like Sableye, lead with Charizard and use the same strategy as before, but with Gliscor in the wings to soften up foes as well as you won't have residual Spikes damage, meaning that you will need to work harder for Venusaur to sweep.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
    244 HP/248 Def/16 Speed
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt
    -U-Turn
    -Roost

Venusaur@Life Orb
    Chlorophyll ability, Timid Nature
    72 HP/4 Def/252 Sp Atk/180 Speed
    -Sleep Powder
    -Giga Drain
    Growth
    -Sludge Bomb

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
    Timid Nature, Blaze ability
    4 Def/252 Sp Atk/252 Speed
    [/b]-Fire Blast
    -Solar Beam
    -Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse
    -Flame Charge

Greninja@Focus Sash
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Spikes
    -U-Turn

Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    Sorry, but your sets just aren't very good. Are you new? If so, welcome to the community! It was a great idea to come here for help. I've standardized your sets a little bit and tried to make them easy to use. Some of them will require re-breeding but that's pretty easy in X and Y. I have modified them from the standard Smogon sets a little, mostly adding Sludge Bomb and U-Turn over HP Fire on Venusaur and Greninja so as to ease breeding for you. When playing, you should try to get up 2+ layers of Spikes with Greninja and then bring in Charizard when it dies, MegaEvolve, and use Flame Charge if you think they will switch or the appropriate move if you think they'll stay in. You can then soften up the opponent' steam with Charizard, possibly sweeping, and bring Venusaur in to clean up afterwards - Growth gives a +2 boost to Special Attack (and Attack, but that doesn't matter) under the Sun and Chlorophyll doubles your Speed, making it hard for opponents to handle you once you've softened them with Charizard. If it looks like they have a good Greninja counter on their team, such as something with Taunt like Sableye, lead with Charizard and use the same strategy as before, but with Gliscor in the wings to soften up foes as well as you won't have residual Spikes damage, meaning that you will need to work harder for Venusaur to sweep.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
    244 HP/248 Def/16 Speed
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt
    -U-Turn
    -Roost

Venusaur@Life Orb
    Chlorophyll ability, Timid Nature
    72 HP/4 Def/252 Sp Atk/180 Speed
    -Sleep Powder
    -Giga Drain
    Growth
    -Sludge Bomb

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
    Timid Nature, Blaze ability
    [/b]-Fire Blast
    -Solar Beam
    -Focus Blast/Dragon Pulse
    -Flame Charge

Greninja@Focus Sash
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Spikes
    -U-Turn
    Yeah i'm new to the forums.

So I take it Venusaur is a good idea to go for tank? or should i go for tyrantir? or is Gliscor a better idea?
    Breeding i don't have a problem with but isn't there any way to keep using the black charizard??
    But in any way i was thinking of introducing Aegislash as my new sweeper....?

I'm so full of idea's but I don't know how to EV train the pokemon or I don't know.....

Blog Entries

Venusaur should be a sweeper unless it is going Mega, but you seem to want to use Charizard as your Mega. The black thing doesn't actually matter because once you go Rated, nobody will be fooled even a little bit. Tyranitar is used to set up Stealth Rock or as a Special Tank, typically. You could certainly use him if you want. Aegislash has a number of viable sets, my personal favorite being Mixed Pivot but others favor Stance Dance or Special Autotomize.

Venusaur should be a sweeper unless it is going Mega, but you seem to want to use Charizard as your Mega. The black thing doesn't actually matter because once you go Rated, nobody will be fooled even a little bit. Tyranitar is used to set up Stealth Rock or as a Special Tank, typically. You could certainly use him if you want. Aegislash has a number of viable sets, my personal favorite being Mixed Pivot but others favor Stance Dance or Special Autotomize.
    Charizard is my all time favorite pokemon sure.

But I wan't to become a competitive battler, so basiclly that's what comes now at first place :)

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

i've been having a bit of trouble with this team for a while – i think my most severe qualm with it is that it flat-out loses to mega gyarados, but other things like garchomp tend to cause it grief as well.

Garchomp (F) @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

Genesect (?) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Shift Gear
    - Iron Head
    - Blaze Kick
    - Extreme Speed (maybe IB to deal with annoying landorus?)

Thundurus-I (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-W (?) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Pain Split

Kangashkan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
    Trait: Scrappy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Frustration
    - Crunch
    - Sucker Punch

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 72 HP / 252 Spd / 184 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Roost
    - Thunder Wave

idk it sucks lol, if someone could help me that would be great
    yeah it's pokebank ou and i'm lame for not just doing conventional ou sorry!!'
    EDIT KANGASKHANITE IS BANNED THANK THE BASED LORD
    Last edited by scheisskopf; 25th November 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gentei View Post

But I wan't to become a competitive battler, so basiclly that's what comes now at first place :)
    Both Charizard and ?Venusaur are good Pokemon, you just have to choose only 1 of them to be your mega.

Both Charizard and ?Venusaur are good Pokemon, you just have to choose only 1 of them to be your mega.
    Allright, i'll stay with charizard then.
    Breeding a timid bulbasaur atm, and your previous post about Aegislash gave me a idea.

Aegislash@Life Orb
    Stance Change
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk
    Brave/Quiet
    -Sacred Sword
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head/Flash Cannon
    -Shadow Ball

So i've bred a brave Honedge, now EV training him and then level him up.

So I was thinking of using Venusaur, Aegislash, Charizard.
    Bring in Venusaur first, sleep powder on the first pkmn.
    switch with aegislash, swords dance x 2 and watch the magic happen.
    Or open up with charizard, mega evolve, battle until he faints, bring in venusaur so he can benefit from his drought.
    Sleep powder, change to aegislash, swords dance x 2....

Blog Entries

Breeding a timid bulbasaur atm, and your previous post about Aegislash gave me a idea.

Aegislash@Life Orb
    Stance Change
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk
    Brave/Quiet
    -Sacred Sword
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head/Flash Cannon
    -Shadow Ball

Or open up with charizard, mega evolve, battle until he faints, bring in venusaur so he can benefit from his drought.
    Yup, that is the 'Mixed Pivot'. I'd go with Brave to maximize damage on Shadow Sneak and Iron Head to abuse that Nature and because most Fairies are weak in the Defense department but bulky on the Special side. Although, your strategy will be hard to use when Aegislash doesn't even know Swords Dance. :P In my opinion you should in general lead with Charizard so as to get Sun up, then go out to Venusaur or Aegislash as appropriate.

Aegislash@Life Orb
    Stance Change
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp Atk
    Brave/Quiet
    -Sacred Sword
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head/Flash Cannon
    -Shadow Ball

Yup, that is the 'Mixed Pivot'. I'd go with Brave to maximize damage on Shadow Sneak and Iron Head to abuse that Nature and because most Fairies are weak in the Defense department but bulky on the Special side. Although, your strategy will be hard to use when Aegislash doesn't even know Swords Dance. :P In my opinion you should in general lead with Charizard so as to get Sun up, then go out to Venusaur or Aegislash as appropriate.
    The problem is that charizard's drought dissapears after 2 or 3 turns....no?
    It's gone pretty fast i believe...

Blog Entries

5 turns. That's plenty of time to get off 1 or 2 Fire Blasts, switch to Venusaur, then switch back to Charizard when it runs out.

Adventuring through Kalos Aamir's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Aamir On Twitter

Should I have a Muk or a Weezing on my team? I want a poison type to combat the fairies.

Weavile Forever

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aamir View Post
    Should I have a Muk or a Weezing on my team? I want a poison type to combat the fairies.
    Wheezing is physically defensive and uses Special moves, Muk is Specially defensive and uses Physical moves. Considering that almost all fairies have stellar Special Defense but mediocre or worse Physical Defense and pretty much all of the OU viable ones except Azumarill are Special Attackers, that makes Muk a clear victor in the Fairy-slayer department. Another bonus is that Muk absorbs Toxic Spikes on entry while Weezing doesn't due to Levitate. Muk's own Ability, Sticky Hold, is also fantastic to combat the plethora of Knock Off users running around.

Adventuring through Kalos Aamir's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Aamir On Twitter

Wheezing is physically defensive and uses Special moves, Muk is Specially defensive and uses Physical moves. Considering that almost all fairies have stellar Special Defense but mediocre or worse Physical Defense and pretty much all of the OU viable ones except Azumarill are Special Attackers, that makes Muk a clear victor in the Fairy-slayer department. Another bonus is that Muk absorbs Toxic Spikes on entry while Weezing doesn't due to Levitate. Muk's own Ability, Sticky Hold, is also fantastic to combat the plethora of Knock Off users running around.
    Thanks for the help!

By the way, I love your signature. Weavile is awesome!

Weavile Forever

Blog Entries

Thanks for the help!

By the way, I love your signature. Weavile is awesome!
    No problem, and thanks! Replying to let you know because I forgot to mention it: Mega Mawile will cause you trouble as it is immune to your Poison STAB and Intimidate will mean that you won't be doing significant damage even if you hit it with Fire Punch on the switch. It also targets your Physical Defense, which makes Muk sad. You'll need an answer to MMawile, probably a strong Specially oriented Fire or Ground type.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast