Suggestions for Battle subway team?

Thread: Suggestions for Battle subway team?

Default Suggestions for Battle subway team?

Here are the three I plan on using for BW battle frontier team, I've used their untrained/unfinished versions so far and they are working well enough, but hard to tell if their final setup will be good or not.
    Also never really battled much outside the main storyline, but i do know enough about breeding/evs/ivs/etc.
    let me know of any suggestions:

Pkm: Aggron
    Ability: Rock Head
    Nature: -Spatt +att
    EVs: HP and att
    Item: Rocky Helmet or Leftovers, not sure yet
    Moves:
    Double Edge
    Earthquake
    Heavy Slam - STAB
    Head Smash - STAB

Pkm: Serperior
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: -att +spatt
    EVs: spatt, spdef/def
    Item: Big Root
    Moves:
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Growth
    Glare
    Purpose: I usually use this guy when i'm struggling or have no type advantages with my other pokemon. Meant to hinder and stall.

Pkm: Gengar
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: -att +spd
    EVs: spatt, spd
    Item: can't remember/not sure yet
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Sludge Wave
    Psychic
    Purpose: Trying for a spatt sweeper with as much type diversity as possible to rely on type advantages.
    Last edited by bajuwa; 15th September 2013 at 11:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions for Battle Frontier team?

First of all, I wouldn't use Serperior, but if you're comitted to Serperior, I would use a different Serperior (with your nature, you have to breed a new Snivy for my suggestion, I'm sorry about that).

Serperior
    +Attack, -Sp. Attack OR +Speed, -Sp. Attack
    Life Orb/ Leftovers
    EVs: Attack & Speed
    Moves:
    Coil
    Leaf Blade
    Aqua Tail (SInce you're in Black and White, you'll need to trade to the sequel games and teach Serperior this as a tutor move, not sure which shards you use.)
    Dragon Tail/ Outrage

But if you somehow have a Venusaur with Chlorophyll and you have the Sunny Day TM and the Heat Rock, I would use that instead, but if you don't, the Serperior is fine. If you're planning on double battling, use Sludge Bomb, but if not, keep Sludge Wave.

But one final thing. Isn't there no Battle Frontier in B/W? Are you talking about the Battle Subway or the PWT? Overall, though, nice choices you have there. I love to see Rock Head & Head Smash Aggron :D
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

Friend Code is on the Trainer Card; feel free to try to challenge me to trade unless I'm busying with school or Fire Emblem Awakening.

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14

haha yes battle subway is what I meant.

and there are no problems about rebreeding any. i actually got a female snivy as a starter.
    also all of them would need to be bred since I'm just using the ones I caught and the party above is the plan for the finalized party.
    b2w2 tutor moves are a problem tbough since I don't have access to either of those games yet and not sure when ill plan on getting n playing one.

also can you explain why you think I should change instead of proposing a completely different build? it seems to serve a completely different purpose than the one I was aiming for and I don't really walk away having learned anything.

thanks!
    Last edited by bajuwa; 15th September 2013 at 07:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bajuwa View Post
    haha yes battle subway is what I meant.

and there are no problems about rebreeding any. i actually got a female snivy as a starter.
    also all of them would need to be bred since I'm just using the ones I caught and the party above is the plan for the finalized party.
    b2w2 tutor moves are a problem tbough since I don't have access to either of those games yet and not sure when ill plan on getting n playing one.

also can you explain why you think I should change instead of proposing a completely different build? it seems to serve a completely different purpose than the one I was aiming for and I don't really walk away having learned anything.

thanks!
    Okay, I admit, it is sort of useful, it's just that it isn't a terribly good set. It's alright if you wish to use that set, because like I said, it is good enough, but I don't like Growth very much: Calm Mind outclasses it by far since you're not physical. If you wish to use the set I proposed, Aerial Ace or even Return will be OK instead of Aqua Tail, or maybe you could find a friend with BW2?
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

Friend Code is on the Trainer Card; feel free to try to challenge me to trade unless I'm busying with school or Fire Emblem Awakening.

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14

awesome that's very helpful! thank you for explaining things for me.
    and had a look at calm mind and I agree it definitely works better than growth.

and we'll see about b2. I was planning on getting it sooner or later but I'm limited in pkm playing friends. and everyone is focusing on xy for now