Stat boosting team for PO

Thread: Stat boosting team for PO

Default Stat boosting team for PO

Here's my current team i use most often on PO, any comments and suggestions would be appreciated ^_^

The team is built around baton passing and stat raising.

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Spore
    - Baton Pass
    - Nasty Plot
    - Judgment

Smeargle is the set up for my SpecAtk mons. I originally went with Nincada first but with Spore Smeargle is better equipped to deal with roar or whirlwind equipped leads. Smeargles role is pretty simple; Spore, nasty plot a few times, spore again if nessecary then baton pass to Togekiss.

Judgement is just a filler move, mainly to take advantage of nasty plot and stab if smeargle is forced to fight.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 SDef / 192 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Baton Pass
    - Air Slash
    - Roost

Togekiss is my primary Special Attacker. Pretty simple usage; receive nasty plot boost from Smeargle, add own Nasty plots if necessary, roost and Air Slash to victory. If Togekiss encounters something that it can;t deal with then Baton pass out to Reuniclus.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast

This thing is dangerous. Bulky, access to recover and able to pass out powerful psychics and focus blasts. Under ideal conditions Reuniclus is able to wall and sweep at the same time. Reuniclus serves as an excellent damage sponge if a switch is needed and can either receive a boost from Togekiss or Smeargle or get its own going.

(Ninjask) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor

Nothing special here, switch in on a ground attack or a death and use substitute until Baton Pass is needed. If the opponent messes up then get a few Sword Dances in. Simple but effective.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Def / 56 SAtk / 44 SDef / 40 Spd
    Hardy Nature
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dragon Dance
    - Roost

Bulky, powerful and Dragon Dance. =3

In more depth Dragonite is able to switch in to a large variety of moves, heal himself up with leftovers and roost and bulk himself up with Dragon Dance. Extremespeed provides a powerful priority move and Dragon Claw STABy goodness.

Broloom (Breloom) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 92 SDef / 128 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Mach Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed

Broloom has earned his name many a time over. He can perform a variety of roles; Focus Sash + Spore allow him to shut down an enemy sweeper if they get powered up, +6 Bullet Seed destroys everything, even if its hiding behind a substitute, mach punch allows him to counter anything trying to break his sweep with priority moves and stone edge provides a bit of coverage.

Anyway there ya go, like i said comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Stat boosting team for PO

IIRC Techniloom hasn't been released. and why focus sah on it? Use life orb.

Your team honestly lacks special attackers to use the BP strategy. Also something like Espeon will be far more useful than Reuniclius in a bp team:

Name Item Ability Nature
    Baton Pass Leftovers Magic Bounce Timid

Moveset EVs:252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Stored Power
    ~ Hidden Power Fighting
    Std smogon set.

Your Dragonite doesn't exactly fit in this team. It gets walled by almost any steel type. There is no spinner or cleric in your team making your task at sweeping doubly difficult.

If you do want to use smeargle, then teach him tail glow instead of Nasty plot. However I highly doubt smeargle will be able to do anything without substitiute.

Sorry to say this but your team really needs a complete revamp.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stat boosting team for PO

I agree with the last line of Clowncrete's post. I don't mean to sound rude, but I'd like to suggest that you consider starting over. Your team really lacks focus and doesn't appear to have much potential for success on Smogon's BW OU ladder.