Stars of Generation V - Page 7

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Stars of Generation V

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stars of Generation V

Quagsire is the reason I have to run Virizion on my HO team.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angad View Post
    Quagsire is the reason I have to run Virizion on my HO team.
    Lucky for me, I always somehow manage to take it down. Usually Evolite Dusclops works well.
    Back on topic....I didn't see a huge mention of Hydregon, I think Feliciano mentioned him a while back...at any rate, he's definitely a powerful force. Great special attack, decent defenses, and a reasonable attack mean that he functions great as a Scarfed Mon. Draco Meteor is insanely powerful, and scarf means U-Turn will usually hit first.

Made by Blue Dragon!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thundagere View Post
    Lucky for me, I always somehow manage to take it down. Usually Evolite Dusclops works well.
    Back on topic....I didn't see a huge mention of Hydregon, I think Feliciano mentioned him a while back...at any rate, he's definitely a powerful force. Great special attack, decent defenses, and a reasonable attack mean that he functions great as a Scarfed Mon. Draco Meteor is insanely powerful, and scarf means U-Turn will usually hit first.
    Hydreigon is pretty much a slower, weaker Latios with U-Turn and Fire Blast. The lack of a Pursuit weakness helps, but it is still an inferior dragon-type sweeper. If Latios is banned, however, Hydreigon will probably rise up in usage to fill the empty space.

The Lark Ascending. Jimiinthesky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i HATE quagsire with every fibre of my body this gen. I've always been strongly opposed to using stall as a style of play in a pokemon game, but quagsire is just taking the biscuit.

and hydregion is just not fast enough, even as a choice user for me, espcecially with stuff like swift swim and chloroform pokemon running riot, also it gets revenge killed easily my scarf users like infernape and terrakion

Blog Entries

@HH.
    I honestly do think that Latios will be banned. On my team, the best counter I have is CB Azumarill with Ice Punch, but I don't think it'll be OU.
    And Hydreigon may be pretty slow, but I've found that once you beat all Steel Types, Draco Meteor can be deadly. It works great with Volcarona, since VOlcarona resists it's weaknesses, IIRC, and can destroy steel types.

Made by Blue Dragon!

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Latios probably will be banned. Hydreigon is bested by it mostly due to Latios' higher speed and SpA (I think). It can be stopped by ferrothorn though, as well as most pursuiters like Ttar and scizor. Its pretty frail too, so good prediction takes it out. However it should be banned, I agree.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

I've gotta say Ferrothorn, Quags, Blaziken, Xatu and Espeon have really shone this gen. Same with Ninetails and Politoed, but weather sucks so meh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthєsis View Post
    I've gotta say Ferrothorn, Quags, Blaziken, Xatu and Espeon have really shone this gen. Same with Ninetails and Politoed, but weather sucks so meh.
    I don't thinK Xatu and Espeon have really shone this generation. They're good because of Magic Bounce, but are they really stars? I think they more of have their own niche in the metagame, but if something like Scizor switches in, if they don't carry HP Fire, then it's set up bait.

Made by Blue Dragon!

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I guess I would take this to be the best Espy set:

Timid / Light Clay / Magic Bounce
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psychic
    - HP Fire
    6 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed*

*EV set's quick and can be easily modified for bulk.

Being entirely male and coming immediately as Espeon (meaning no Eevee), Baton Pass is inaccessible. Therefore, the next best thing for Espy is setting up Dual Screens. Psychic's just for attack purposes (could mess up Conkeldurr or something) and HP Fire prevents Scizor from setting up.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post

- Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psychic
    - HP Fire

Being entirely male and coming immediately as Espeon (meaning no Eevee), Baton Pass is inaccessible. Therefore, the next best thing for Espy is setting up Dual Screens. Psychic's just for attack purposes (could mess up Conkeldurr or something) and HP Fire prevents Scizor from setting up.
    Espeon's sorta frail, is it best for a Dual Screener? It's got the speed, though.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post

- Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psychic
    - HP Fire

I've been using a set like this since Magic Mirror Espeon came out, the EV's I use are 120 HP / 136 SAtk / 252 Spd, it gives enough power to kill Scizor with HP Fire, while giving me enough bulk to take most Tyranitar hits outside of CB Crunch.

Espeon's sorta frail, is it best for a Dual Screener? It's got the speed, though.
    It works, and it's niche over over other Dual Screens is that it can't be taunted, SR'd, or other entry hazards.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

I've been using a set like this since Magic Mirror Espeon came out, the EV's I use are 120 HP / 136 SAtk / 252 Spd, it gives enough power to kill Scizor with HP Fire, while giving me enough bulk to take most Tyranitar hits outside of CB Crunch.

It works, and it's niche over over other Dual Screens is that it can't be taunted, SR'd, or other entry hazards.
    True, but did they shine? I don't really think so, because with Team Preview, after you see Espeon or Xatu, you know not to SR/Spikes/TS whenever it's terribly obvious.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

True, but did they shine? I don't really think so, because with Team Preview, after you see Espeon or Xatu, you know not to SR/Spikes/TS whenever it's terribly obvious.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

The thing is upon use, there are very few counters to Lead Espeon, it will almost always get one screen up.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

True.
    Also, any more discussion of Conkeldurr? I honestly haven't seen much about him. RIght now, best counter is probably Reuniclus/

Made by Blue Dragon!

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast