STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) Confusions That Needs Some Clearing!!!

Thread: STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) Confusions That Needs Some Clearing!!!

Question STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) Confusions That Needs Some Clearing!!!

1). Does the following attacks receive STAB?:

- Reversal
    - Low Kick
    - Punishment
    - Magnitude
    - Gyro Ball
    - Metal Burst
    - Psywave
    - Bide
    - Crush Grip
    - Wring Out
    - Trump Card
    - Natural Gift
    - Return
    - Spit Up

2). Fury Cutter has a base attack power of 10 and rises to a max input of 160. Does that mean with STAB, the base attack power would be 15 and the max input would be 240?

3). Does Fling receive STAB? If so, would the base power with STAB be 15 and the max input 195?

4). Do only damage dealing/landing attacks receive STAB? If so, does that mean Counter and Mirror Coat does not receive STAB?

5). As you know Revenge and Avalanche has a base attack power of 60 and when hit, it doubles to 120. With STAB, would it further increase with a base of 90 and max to 180?

6). I read that the attack power of Rollout and Ice Ball doubles each turn. Does that mean the attack power sequence starts and ends like this: 30 > 60 > 120 > 240 > 480? If so, do these two attacks receive STAB too then further increasing each attack power sequence like this: 45 > 90 > 180 > 360 > 720?

7). Does Assist and Mirror Move receive STAB? If so, how does STAB work on them?

8). Does Weather Ball get STAB from both the same type pokemon casting it and also from the weather effects? For example, Catform uses Weather Ball with STAB it has an attack power of 75 and with rain dance it gets an additional 1.5 x bonus becoming 113.

Off Topic Question:
    9). Is it possible to breed certain pokemons to get the their other rarer special ability (not attack)? I'm talking about Generation IV Pokemons.

Blog Entries

Default Re: STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) Confusions That Needs Some Clearing!!!

Answered in simple questions.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Default Re: STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) Confusions That Needs Some Clearing!!!

I would like to point out to you that I moved your thread and answered your questions before you posted this topic. In the future, please do not remake any thread that has been moved or deleted.

Thank you.