Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 69

Page 69 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2723
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

tbqh, there's little difference between -Def and -SpD, except when there's a totally obvious discrepancy. In the case of Venusaur, it really doesn't make a difference.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Thanks, F-22. Now, I have another question, this time about Blaziken: I'm planning on giving it these moves (and it's Naive):
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Sky Uppercut (yes, I'm not going for Superpower because I don't like the Attack/Defense drop)
    -Vacuum Wave/Stone Edge/ThunderPunch

I'm not sure on how I should EV this; any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by F-22 View Post
    tbqh, there's little difference between -Def and -SpD, except when there's a totally obvious discrepancy. In the case of Venusaur, it really doesn't make a difference.
    The difference is mainly based on what kind of attacks you are likely to switch in on. I would think they picked Mild for mixed Venusaur since Venusaur is a great counter to things like Milotic and Blastoise who use Surf as their main attack. With Rash you lose the ability to sponge that as well, but would do somewhat better against something like Azumarill or Feraligatr.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
    Thanks, F-22. Now, I have another question, this time about Blaziken: I'm planning on giving it these moves (and it's Naive):
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Sky Uppercut (yes, I'm not going for Superpower because I don't like the Attack/Defense drop)

I'm not sure on how I should EV this; any suggestions?
    That's basically a Smogon set right there (Mixed priority attacker), so I would recommend just using the nature/EVs they have on their page. I use this Blaziken myself and it works just fine Rash / Mild with 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. If you use this setup then Vacuum Wave is a must. Otherwise you're probably better off with Choice Scarf.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

But you'd rather take an accuracy drop? -.O
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

With a base 80 speed, Naive would mostly be a waste though you should try something like:
    Mild / Rash
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Electric
    ~ Vacuum Wave / Stone Edge
    and
    4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

So yeah, These are some good moves/EV's for it.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrymuffin View Post
    But you'd rather take an accuracy drop? -.O
    I'm willing to take that risk. That, and I want to save BP.
    Quote Originally Posted by badalcristiano View Post
    With a base 80 speed, Naive would mostly be a waste though you should try something like:
    Mild / Rash
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Electric
    ~ Vacuum Wave / Stone Edge
    and
    4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

So yeah, These are some good moves/EV's for it.
    But I saved after I got that Torchic and its Hidden Power is Dragon. Any other suggestions?

But I saved after I got that Torchic and its Hidden Power is Dragon. Any other suggestions?
    My Blaziken has Hidden Power Dragon too D:. Just go with your original idea (Fighting Move / Fire Move / Vacuum Wave / Stone Edge or Thunderpunch). You can even keep the Naive nature if you have to, it's just stat points that would be better spent making Fire Blast more powerful. Fire Blast wrecks stuff, it's awesome.

So if you're stuck with that nature still, you can just EV up to 259/260 speed and dump the rest in attack I guess. Or you could simply run Max speed which would allow you to outrun Moltres and OHKO it with Stone Edge. So basically:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature
    6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe OR 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Speed
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Superpower / Sky Uppercut
    ~Vacuum Wave
    ~Stone Edge / Thunderpunch

So there you go. I just realized that your Torchic may not have a flawless speed IV. If that is the case the second spread won't be of much use to you unless you fix the speed based on your IV so that you end up around 259/260. 164 Speed with a perfect IV gets you 260 speed which beats all neutral base 80s and below.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    My Blaziken has Hidden Power Dragon too D:. Just go with your original idea (Fighting Move / Fire Move / Vacuum Wave / Stone Edge or Thunderpunch). You can even keep the Naive nature if you have to, it's just stat points that would be better spent making Fire Blast more powerful. Fire Blast wrecks stuff, it's awesome.

So if you're stuck with that nature still, you can just EV up to 259/260 speed and dump the rest in attack I guess. Or you could simply run Max speed which would allow you to outrun Moltres and OHKO it with Stone Edge. So basically:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature
    6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe OR 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Speed
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Superpower / Sky Uppercut
    ~Vacuum Wave
    ~Stone Edge / Thunderpunch

So there you go. I just realized that your Torchic may not have a flawless speed IV. If that is the case the second spread won't be of much use to you unless you fix the speed based on your IV so that you end up around 259/260. 164 Speed with a perfect IV gets you 260 speed which beats all neutral base 80s and below.
    I ran Torchic's stats through the IV calculator, and its Speed IV isn't perfect. I still might go with the second spread (to give Blaziken's physical attacks more power). I also might go with the Choice Scarf, rather than the Life Orb to make it a revenge killer. Thanks for the help, everyone.

I ran Torchic's stats through the IV calculator, and its Speed IV isn't perfect. I still might go with the second spread (to give Blaziken's physical attacks more power). I also might go with the Choice Scarf, rather than the Life Orb to make it a revenge killer. Thanks for the help, everyone.
    If you want to adjust that second spread for your IV use this formula:

(92 - 4(31 - Your Speed IV) / 252 SpA / (164 + 4(31 - Your Speed IV))

So if you have a speed IV of 25, then you would add 4 ( 6 ) or 24 EVs to Speed and take 24 away from attack, and so on. It should be easy to play around with in an IV calculator, just input your exact IVs and the EVs you think you need and calculate the stats @ L100 to make sure you are the speed you want.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    If you want to adjust that second spread for your IV use this formula:

(92 - 4(31 - Your Speed IV) / 252 SpA / (164 + 4(31 - Your Speed IV))

So if you have a speed IV of 25, then you would add 4 ( 6 ) or 24 EVs to Speed and take 24 away from attack, and so on. It should be easy to play around with in an IV calculator, just input your exact IVs and the EVs you think you need and calculate the stats @ L100 to make sure you are the speed you want.
    Sounds complicated, but it's worth trying out. Thanks again, Troggy.

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

After using Substitute, when my Lv100 Mismagius with 260 HP recovers health from Leftovers four times, it's HP is 259/260. Does this mean I can Substitute 4 times and be left with 1 HP (not factoring in weather or other residual damage)?

Blog Entries

This is more a forum question than a battle question, but can I make a competitive/battle speculation thread and a discussion of what we already know for gen V? Most of the discussion going on in the other forums is mostly what Pokemon they want to see and what features return and other crap.

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Now with more cowbell. Axle Helios's Avatar
    Follow Axle Helios On Twitter
    Follow Axle Helios on Tumblr Visit Axle Helios's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by F-22 View Post
    This is more a forum question than a battle question, but can I make a competitive/battle speculation thread and a discussion of what we already know for gen V? Most of the discussion going on in the other forums is mostly what Pokemon they want to see and what features return and other crap.
    Not the right thread, but the best place to make it would be here.
    I got my claims down on Quagsire, Miror B, Roar and Sand Stream.
    Winner of Burned Planet Mafia and Plants vs Zombies Mafia.

Blog Entries

Thanks!

Arrow Curious about game mechanics

So I recently bought Soul Silver, awesome game for starters. But one thing I was wanting to do was get a legit, well planned team. I've been looking online for "good teams" but I keep getting 5 year old kids saying "I HAVE 6 MEWS I AM GOOD!" and it's rather annoying. I stumbled on this site and found the information very helpful, although there are a few areas that I'm still wondering about.
    I was wondering if someone could either explain the (or point me to an already posted) topic of EV's, base stats, IV's, or any other detailed game mechanic that a new player would benefit from.
    I'm looking for fairly detailed information to help me understand how to get a good team. Hopefully I'll be able to get a very good team once I fully understand all of the game mechanics.

Thank you