Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 60

Page 60 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

For a Torterra with Crunch, SE, and EQ, what would complement the set better, Seed Bomb or Wood Hammer?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    For a Torterra with Crunch, SE, and EQ, what would complement the set better, Seed Bomb or Wood Hammer?
    Seed Bomb. Since this Torterra lacks recovery, it can't afford Wood Hammer's recoil.

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    Gravity should really only be used on a ful blown gravity team, but I think jirachi is mostly used as a lead with this set:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - U-turn
    - Gravity
    - Wish
    - Thunder

this is mostly so it can support other gravity sweepers and do some damage. Its used as a lead mostly.
    Well like I said, I can't change the nature at this point. But you know what? I just realized my set's completely decimated by Magnezone's "Steel Killer" set. And a -Atk nature means Fire Punch will most likely not be a one-hit KO on the flying saucer, doesn't it? Argh.

Also, I just EV trained a sweeper Yanmega today. The moveset I have planned is Protect, Air Slash, Bug Buzz, and either Shadow Ball or AncientPower. Shadow Ball covers Ghost-types, but AncientPower is a surprise Super-Effective hit on Staraptor and Gyarados (among others). Which one should I go with?

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Neither. Hypnosis is standard for the last slot.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Hyper Satellite Cannon! Bishie Karis-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    Neither. Hypnosis is standard for the last slot.
    Huh? Oh...I guess I should explain, I was gonna run the Life Orb Sweeper set (substituting with Wise Glasses), not the Lead set. Sorry.

EDIT: I just caught a Timid-natured Muddy Water Horsea, but the only Timid set on Smogon is the Choice Specs set. Would there be any advantages to running a Timid Rain Dance Sweeper? As in, would there be anything it'd outspeed that a Modest-natured one wouldn't?
    Last edited by Bishie Karis-chan; 9th May 2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Caught a MW Horsea, need advice

Ok, so I want to make a Subseed Jumpluff (Subseed, Sleep Powder, Encore), and I have two potential candidates:

Jolly 22-23/x/30-31/x/30-31/31
    Timid 30-31/x/30-31/x/26-27/31

I'm kind of leaning towards the Jolly one, since Leech Seed will restore a greater percentage of my health if my overall health is lower. I believe this makes it better to choose a defensive drop in HP as opposed to SpDef.

I dunno though, what would you guys do?
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

Blog Entries

I'd go for the Jolly one due to a few reasons:
    1) Yes leach seed will restore more when needed.
    2) I usually play more of Heavy offense so Timid- not really.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

think about it like this:
    the defense in both are equal
    HP and the jolly's special defense are "equal"
    jolly's HP is lower than timid's SPD, so go timid.

And what does Heavy offense have to do with timid/jolly arguement, since there are no attacking moves
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus Is Lord View Post
    Ok, so I want to make a Subseed Jumpluff (Subseed, Sleep Powder, Encore), and I have two potential candidates:

Jolly 22-23/x/30-31/x/30-31/31
    Timid 30-31/x/30-31/x/26-27/31

I'm kind of leaning towards the Jolly one, since Leech Seed will restore a greater percentage of my health if my overall health is lower. I believe this makes it better to choose a defensive drop in HP as opposed to SpDef.

I dunno though, what would you guys do?
    I recommend that you use the Timid one and give the Jolly one to me :D
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

A1M

Does magnet pull prevent both pokemon from switching out, or just the foe?
    HeartGold FC: 4727 0138 5553

That's about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A1M View Post
    Does magnet pull prevent both pokemon from switching out, or just the foe?
    Just the foe.

Ok, so people here seem to be leaning towards Timid Jumpluff. The few other people I asked also did. I realized that because EVs on Subseed Jumpluff are set up to equalize the defenses, I could do a direct and easy numerical analysis of bulk.

Any way you look at it, the Timid Jumpluff is 1.9% bulkier than the Jolly one. So Timid it is, I guess.

What is the best (Non Uber)Parnter for Linoone to kill off Steels and Ghosts? Me and a few Friends are having a Tag team tournament, where we have to use only two pokemon. One was randomly selcted from a Pokemon generator (I got Linoone) and the other is our choice.

Hmmm... well, Lucario hits hard with Shadow Claw and Close Combat to clean up the mess.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

scarf salamence or flygon can kill them with crunch and fireblast (and EQ). Miltank/khangaskhan with scrappy focus punch do the trick, but need a sub
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.