Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 6
Page 6 of 203 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Ownage-type
    I can't think of anything snappy to put here!

Hey, I'm going to get a Modest Milotic, but I can't decide on the moves! Please don't comment on the lack of a spread as I want to think of one myself.

Milotic @ Chesto Berry
    Modest

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Rest
    ???

I'm using a Chesto berry to make full use of Marvel Scale, as this is for the non-WiFi Battle Tower.

Rest and Chesto isn't as common as Leftovers and Recover on a Milotic, just to give you a choice.

Does Smogen have a Tier list that includes unevolved pokemon/non-fully evolved pokemon besides Light-Ball Pikachu?

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rappak View Post
    Does Smogen have a Tier list that includes unevolved pokemon/non-fully evolved pokemon besides Light-Ball Pikachu?
    Yes, here. They don't give movesets, though.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

That's perfect!(once I get home since it blocked at work I'll check it out.) I don't really care about movesets as I do most of it myself.

Now that I read over it, yes i know i'm really late on that, it isn't what I need. I'm trying to figure out where things like Gabite would go or Porygon2 would go as I'm thinking about using those two in a UU or a BL tourney but I'm not sure where they are placed. Pikachu is one of the few unevolved pokemon that is on the teir list competatively. Is it that all unevolved pokemon are in NU, even though they could be in UU or maybe even in BL?

Blog Entries

Can anyone please explain to me the difference between a dry baton pass and switching out?
    Diamond: Pogo, 0344-6412-9174
    Platinum: Pogo, 0989-7773-1927

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukeburger View Post
    Can anyone please explain to me the difference between a dry baton pass and switching out?
    I would assume that dry Baton Passing negates the effects of something like Mean Look, Arena Trap, and so on, and allows you to switch pokemon when you are unable for some reason to just switch out.

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Hmm good point. I'd be able to switch out, but I'd still be passing the mean look or arena trap. Are there any other advantages? It's just that I've seen the move listed in peoples' movesets with nothing to pass, and trying it out myself, I haven't noticed any advantage over simply switching out.

Blog Entries

Well, if you Baton Pass out of a Mean Look/Arena Trap/etc., you can bring in a counter to whatever pokemon is trapping you (ex like an Alakazam into a Mean Looking Crobat or something). Most likely, they will switch, fearing a KO, and leave you free to set up as you please. Or, if they don't switch out, you can KO their trapper.

Blog Entries

Well yeah, obviously I'd switch in a reliable counter. :) But that seems like a waste of a move slot, as it's very situational, unless you're playing against someone who you KNOW is going to try doing that stuff to you (I've specialized my team in such ways playing against people I know).

Okay, looking into it more, I understand that the idea is to use baton pass on a turn when you predict that your opponent is going to switch in a counter... allowing you to see first what your opponent switches in, and then you switch in an appropriate counter yourself. Do I understand correctly?

I've always had questions on that too, but your explanation makes sense, dukeburger. I also thought of the idea that if you did it off of a slow bulky Pokemon, you could switch something fast and frail in without having it take a hit.
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

Blog Entries

Ahh, so since you're slower, you would get hit first but then use baton pass on your turn and switch something in (presumably faster that your opponent)? That makes sense, although I wonder how viable it is... ? I guess you would have to have something that has trouble switching in or something.

cuddler of cuddlers Selendomono's Avatar
    I currently live under a rock in the pacific ocean. I have wasted the last 40 uyears of my life looking for the colony of Dewgong that i know the goverment is hiding

Smile Help developing a team

Im trying to develop a casual battling team so my choices are based on favorite pokemon for a large part but i still want to win some battles so can someone give me a reccomendation. i havent leveled the 2 pokemon i know ill have so im open to suggestions.

the only 2 pokemon i have planned out already are as follows

Milotic- Ice beam, water pulse, recover, double team
    Lapras, curse, waterfall, body slam, confuse ray

Im open for any and all criticism!
    "I wont give in! And I'll never bend! And I am my own best friend!" ~ Roxie & Velma (my favorite lines from my favorite play Chicago)

-- To see who drew my avatar, go here...http://rearhwhitetail.deviantart.com/ GO REARH! --

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rappak View Post
    Now that I read over it, yes i know i'm really late on that, it isn't what I need. I'm trying to figure out where things like Gabite would go or Porygon2 would go as I'm thinking about using those two in a UU or a BL tourney but I'm not sure where they are placed. Pikachu is one of the few unevolved pokemon that is on the teir list competatively. Is it that all unevolved pokemon are in NU, even though they could be in UU or maybe even in BL?
    No, Unevolved Pokemon, except for Magikarp, are in their evolved form's tier.

Quote Originally Posted by polelover44 View Post
    No, Unevolved Pokemon, except for Magikarp, are in their evolved form's tier.
    Is that really true? Then explain Raichu and Pikachu.

Page 6 of 203 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast