Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 53
Page 53 of 214 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I'm planning to train a Wobbuffet and is trying to maximise its defences(this includes HP, Defence and SD), however, I'm in quite a bit of dilemma...
    1. Which nature should I breed, Bold or Calm? Bold seems to stand out a little more since most of its weaknesses' attacks are physical(Night Slash, Shadow Sneak...etc).
    2. How should I distribute my EVs? Should I go for 252 for both defences and 6 for HP? Or should I follow the Smogon and go 28 HP, 228 Def and 252 SD?

Please give me some advice, I would really appreciate it^^

Hai! That's my golfball! Gatr Golf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    Should I teach Stone Edge to my Torterra?
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
    Depends. If you want Torterra to hit its weaknesses for big damage (Fire, Ice, Flying and Bug), then you can teach it that move.
    I taught my Torterra Rock slide instead. Is the added PP and slight acc increase worth it, or should I just go for the stronger move?
    I have claimed: Cross Poison ~ Toxicroak ~ Drizzle ~ Water Stone

Thanks for the banner, Kamex!

^ I prefer stone edge WAAAYYY more than rock slide.

Yeah, go for Stone Edge.

I'm trying to decide, which would be better for a Rain Dance team? Poliwrath or Politoed?

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It depends on the rest of your team, but Poliwrath is usually the best choice because there are so many other pure water Pokemon to use instead of Politoed while Poliwrath is the only water/fight.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BTJoker View Post
    I'm trying to decide, which would be better for a Rain Dance team? Poliwrath or Politoed?
    I'd say Politoad, and if you can try to get a Phione with Rest on that team.
    Last edited by Regiruler; 14th March 2010 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Hello again, I was wondering if anyone could help me designing a moveset for a Machamp I'm going to be working on. Here's what I've thought up currently.

-Karate Chop/Brick Break
    -Payback
    -Stone Edge
    -Bulk Up

I've been juggling my options, and am dissatisfied with the current draft. To make matters worse, this guy's for my copy of SS I get tomorrow, so I'm crunched for time I'd be exceedingly happy if you can help me build a set with Bulk Up (this guy's going to be in a doubles team with an Alakazam, you see)

Thanks for any helpful input you may have.

Use Cross Chop or Dynamic Punch, they doesn't miss with Machamp
    PBR: 2707 7357 8649
    Diamond: 0817 8946 4545

PM or VM if you want to battle me!

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lOnE-WolF View Post
    Hello again, I was wondering if anyone could help me designing a moveset for a Machamp I'm going to be working on. Here's what I've thought up currently.

-Karate Chop/Brick Break
    -Payback
    -Stone Edge
    -Bulk Up

I've been juggling my options, and am dissatisfied with the current draft. To make matters worse, this guy's for my copy of SS I get tomorrow, so I'm crunched for time I'd be exceedingly happy if you can help me build a set with Bulk Up (this guy's going to be in a doubles team with an Alakazam, you see)

(alakazam isn't very good in doubles) If the Machamp has the Ability no Guard, go with dynamin punch.. Otherwise, Brickbreak or Cross chop both work well.

edit: hows this http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/machamp#Bulk_Up
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link, think I owe you two now king. I'll fiddle around and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by lOnE-WolF View Post

-Karate Chop/Brick Break
    -Payback
    -Stone Edge
    -Bulk Up

I use that set for my Bulk Up Machamp, except Dynamicpunch over Karate Chop / Brick Break. It works fine in singles, but I don't think it'd be as good in doubles. Bulk Up Machamp really likes Screen Support, if you have something that can Light Screen/Reflect that helps him a lot. What EV spread are you using?
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Blog Entries

I'm at a loss here Troggy, I'm still learning the ropes for serious competitive battles - natures and movesets are as far as I've gotten. I'll get back to you on EV's

The Alakazam he's paired with has the following moveset
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Reflect
    -Calm Mind

Edit: Ah crap, doing this analysis is hard. So unused to it, and my Machamp's Lv 28 already. Let me see...best I could say from the looks of it his spread leaning to HP followed by attack :|

Bah...this might be a no-go. Unless it can be worked backwards from the current stats, I think I have to breed a new one, huh?
    Last edited by Gatr Golf; 17th March 2010 at 07:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Jirachi @ Apicot Berry
    Rash
    Hp 190/ Def 21/ SpAtk 255/ SpDef 20/ Speed 24
    Doom Desire
    Draco Meteor
    Rest/Wish
    Water Pulse (<- tell me whether it's worth it to teach it my only copy of that TM)

Notes: Has a 31 IV in SpAtk

Rate it please.

Is it possible to get a Quagsire with Counter and Recover? I know Gastrodon can get both of these, but it also says that Gastrodon can't pass on Counter.