Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 51

Page 51 of 184 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

You could give 100 EVs in def, spec att (or attack), spec def, speed, and Hp to overall around it, but I don't recommend it.

Now my question, who is better as a UU ghost type sweeper, Haunter (better spec att stat) or Mismagious (bulker and faster)?

EDIT: Also, who is a better physical sweeper, Pinsir or Zangoose? I need a sweeper for my "Seven Deadly Sins team" (the seventh swaps out every so often)
    Last edited by Lazyboy0337; 2nd March 2010 at 11:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Miya902 on Facebook

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I'm wanting to Raise a Ponyta/Rapidash to use in Shinnoh's super beauty contest. I have a Quiet natured Ponyta who loves dry foods, but im not sure what move set I should give him.. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

Does Counter work on Ludicolo. He's got the low defense and high HP, so I guess it should be a good, unexpected move to give it, eh?

Never gonna give you up Ksemanr's Avatar

Seeing that Smogon doesn't have Draco Meteor added to Jirachi's move pool yet, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for EVs and move pool for a Mild Jirachi with Draco Meteor. Thanks
    A Final Opinion Is Of Less Value Than An Appreciation Of And Tolerance For Obscurity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miya902 View Post
    I'm wanting to Raise a Ponyta/Rapidash to use in Shinnoh's super beauty contest. I have a Quiet natured Ponyta who loves dry foods, but im not sure what move set I should give him.. Any suggestions?
    It doesn't really matter if it's the same contest type as the contest but here's the general guideline:

Move type 1: A basic performance (3 hearts)
    Move type 2: Earn +2 if performs first/last
    Move type 3: Pokemon moves first/last next turn
    Move type 4: Doubles appeal next turn
    Move type 5: Earns +2 if judge's voltage goes up

Combine Move types 2 and 3 together (obviously with the corresponding speed priorities) and Move type 4 with either 1 or 5.

Now I have a question about the move Pain Split

Pain Split adds the current HP of the user and target Pokémon. It then divides this value by two and sets the HP of both Pokémon to the result. If the new value is higher than the maximum HP of either Pokémon, that Pokémon will have its HP set to that maximum
    The bold part is what I need clarification on. So assuming max IV/EV in HP, if a Spiky-Eared Pichu with 244 HP uses Pain Split on a Blissey with 714 HP will I have a new Pichu with 479 HP?

(Oh god the fun I'll have with the novelty that is SEP, especially giving it Magnet Rise)

i'm trying ev training for the first time....mostly because i'm playing the luckiest game of my life-i caught a chancy with lucky egg and immediately afterword someone on my team caught the pokerus.

anyway i think i'm having some math problems--that is to say, I can add properly, but the formulas i'm using might not be right. i know this is basic stuff but i've looked around in a few different places and gotten different formulas from different guides.

So I'm raising a flareon trying to boost its attack ev. I started with the lv20 eevee given out and fed it 10 proteins, zincs, and irons immediately. so it starts at 300 right? i also evolved it before starting. It has pokerus and i equipped it with the power brace. So it should be getting 10EV per magikarp and 12EV per gyarados right? so to max out attack i should have only had to battle 13 gyarados's (13x12=156), right?

I decided to boost it 26EV in defense and 26EV in sp. defense too. I battled two steelix's for 24 defense EV and two tentacruels for 24 Sp. defense Evs. Realizing i had a few ev leftover i battled an extra tentacruel. Altogether i SHOULD have made 516EV total (i realize its over). But when i go to sunyshore and talk to the effort ribbon woman, it turns out the flareon does not have full EV levels.

Is my formula wrong? Again, I've been using this: ((Amount of EV from pokemon) + 4 (from power item))x2(from pokerus)=Total

BTW its my first post and I didn't think this needed a whole topic. thanks for answering!

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post

Now I have a question about the move Pain Split

The bold part is what I need clarification on. So assuming max IV/EV in HP, if a Spiky-Eared Pichu with 244 HP uses Pain Split on a Blissey with 714 HP will I have a new Pichu with 479 HP?

(Oh god the fun I'll have with the novelty that is SEP, especially giving it Magnet Rise)
    No I think it means Pichu will restore it's health to full instead of going to really high numbers for it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyra View Post
    No I think it means Pichu will restore it's health to full instead of going to really high numbers for it
    That's why I'm asking, for someone whose actually tried this.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    That's why I'm asking, for someone whose actually tried this.
    I've done it on Shoddybattle (a pokemon battle simulator) and It only refills its HP.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

What a Catch, Donnie Cross Poison's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do you need the power anklet/lens etc. to EV train?
    I have claimed Rock Slide in the official claim a move thread. And I did it before you.

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You don't need them, but they make it goes at least twice as fast, since you get 4 extra points. So instead of 1 you get 5, instead of 2 you get 6 and instead of 3 you get 7. But you don't need them.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyboy0337 View Post
    Now my question, who is better as a UU ghost type sweeper, Haunter (better spec att stat) or Mismagious (bulker and faster)?

EDIT: Also, who is a better physical sweeper, Pinsir or Zangoose? I need a sweeper for my "Seven Deadly Sins team" (the seventh swaps out every so often)
    Mismagius, no contest. Haunter would work well in NU though.

I prefer Pinsir because he's cooler, but they both have their pros and cons. I would avoid both of them if you aren't playing in a low tier since they are easily outclassed by other Pokemon. Zangoose probably has the movepool advantage, and is faster. Pinsir has Mold Breaker (which is awesome) and higher attack. Zangoose, being a normal type, does have less weaknesses than Pinsir and isn't weak to Stealth Rock. I'd say see which one your team accomodates better in terms of type coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by `Kingdra View Post
    Does Counter work on Ludicolo. He's got the low defense and high HP, so I guess it should be a good, unexpected move to give it, eh?
    You could give it a try, but I have no experience with it. I suppose you could come in on a Tyranitar or something and counter a Stone Edge or Crunch? Just make careful note of what speed you want your Ludicolo to be, because that could make the difference between Counter working great, and it being useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksemanr View Post
    Seeing that Smogon doesn't have Draco Meteor added to Jirachi's move pool yet, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for EVs and move pool for a Mild Jirachi with Draco Meteor. Thanks
    Don't use Draco Meteor on Jirachi.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

What a Catch, Donnie Cross Poison's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    You could give it a try, but I have no experience with it. I suppose you could come in on a Tyranitar or something and counter a Stone Edge or Crunch? Just make careful note of what speed you want your Ludicolo to be, because that could make the difference between Counter working great, and it being useless.
    Doesnt counter always go last? well, it did in GenIII anyway, my heracross always went last when using it, even against a octillery.
    I have claimed Rock Slide in the official claim a move thread. And I did it before you.

Counter always goes last, as does Mirror Coat. Metal Burst is the speed dependant one.
    PBR: 2707 7357 8649
    Diamond: 0817 8946 4545

PM or VM if you want to battle me!

Quote Originally Posted by Atmey Detective View Post
    Doesnt counter always go last? well, it did in GenIII anyway, my heracross always went last when using it, even against a octillery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexington View Post
    Counter always goes last, as does Mirror Coat. Metal Burst is the speed dependant one.
    My bad, ignore the part of what I said about speed, then.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade