Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 25

Page 25 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I just realised that Togekiss gets "wish" not "healing Wish" >.<

Any reasons why Gardevoir is the best choice?

EDIT: K, got myself a Bold Ralts.
    What sort of EV spread am I looking at here?
    Sorry for makiing other people do my work, haha ._.
    Last edited by DRWS!; 21st May 2009 at 09:29 AM.
    "DRWS you are the god damned devil"
    I HAVE A BROKEN KEYBOARD.

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I am looking for a good scizor for my steel team. I don't know Evs yet cause I have not bred one or know a lot about Evs off my head, but I had an idea:

Ability:Technician
    nature:Adament
    Item:Possiblly Life Orb
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Super Power/Brick Break
    roost/pursuit/night slash

thinking superpower over brick break to 1HKO heatran before it can really do some damage and also take out magnezone easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy.Changes View Post
    Is there any way I could use Solrock in a competitive team? I like that guy.

Hm... I like that one too :) here are a few ideas you could use:

Nature: Brave

Item: Not sure maybe Lum berry

Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Trick Room
    Light Screen/reflect
    Explosion
    Rock Slide

Trick room and explosion if you really need to take out your opponet and you still have pokemon left. using lum berry will prevent something like sleep.

not sure if that will help, its all I know, plus solrock has a high sp attack if you have one with a naughty nature but most good water types can KO a solrock without too much trouble.
    Last edited by Shinx3000; 21st May 2009 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    I am looking for a good scizor for my steel team. I don't know Evs yet cause I have not bred one or know a lot about Evs off my head, but I had an idea:

Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Super Power/Brick Break
    Choice Band Scizor is the Scizor of choice, unless I'm mistaken:
    Scizor@Choice Band
    248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Adamant/Technician
    ~ U-turn / X-Scissor
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower / Brick Break
    ~ Pursuit

Quote Originally Posted by Improv. View Post
    Who would be better for a Healing Wish/Double Screen support Pokémon, Togekiss or Gardevoir?

I'm trying to not use Legends, so no Cresselia (:
    Gardevoir is the only Pokemon (I think) that learns both and is not a legend. Otherwise, Jirachi, Latias, or Celebi would be awesome for the role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Super Power/Brick Break
    SD Scizor isn't that great now in the metagame, it usually doesn't have anytime to set up. =\ But, use 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe, it allows 11 uses of LO. Superpower>>BB, it does more damage even after the drop, and OHKOs Magnezone if you want to overpredict it predicting you to SD (tongue twister lol). Use X-Scissor in the last slot, because I myself never found any time at all to be able to Roost while also having to SD up. Pursuit is bad on something that is not CB, or something that is just not setting up. Night Slash is outclassed by X-Scissor because of STAB, and they both get rid of Slowbro, Cresselia, which takes Bullet Punchs easily.

The Lark Ascending. Jimiinthesky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

is there a precise time magnet rise lasts, like 5 turns?
    same for trick room?

Quote Originally Posted by jimiinthesky View Post
    is there a precise time magnet rise lasts, like 5 turns?
    same for trick room?
    Yes, 5 turns only.

Blog Entries

Is HP Rock usable on a Luxray, or no? All I need is a straight "yes" or "no" here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    Is HP Rock usable on a Luxray, or no? All I need is a straight "yes" or "no" here.
    That's more opinion, but I'd have to say yes, though as far as type coverage I'd use HP fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I would continue this battle of wits with you but you're obviously unarmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Deal with it.

A Rambling, Gaming Dude The Fool on the Hill's Avatar

What is more useful for Metagross: Bullet Punch or Meteor Mash?

I'm thinkin' Bullet Punch. Since Steel has such poor type coverage to begin with, priority seems more important than power as I can probably just use my other moves when I really want to do some damage-- but I'd like everyone's opinion anyway.
    3DS Friend Code: 5026-4452-4663
    PM me if you add me and I will and you back

Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck Kelly View Post
    I agree, but don't overlook the fact that Meteor Mash has a slim chance to up your attack (:

And thank you Wolflare, she's up and running now (:

I'm thinkin' Bullet Punch. Since Steel has such poor type coverage to begin with, priority seems more important than power as I can probably just use my other moves when I really want to do some damage-- but I'd like everyone's opinion anyway.
    Depends what your more worried about, mash takes care of abomasnow and mamoswine leads and occasionally supplies an attack boost. While Bullet punch is useful or azelf and aero leads (which are more commonly used),priority is always a plus. Majority of the time bullet punch is the preferred choice.

Definitely not, anything that takes SE damage from Rock does not threaten Luxray much. Grass is the best HP type for him.

Depends on your team options. Choice sets work better with Meteor Mash for power, but still can be used for revenge killing. Bullet Punch should always be on Gross leads though to hit Sash stuff like Aero and Azelf.

Blog Entries

Would you consider level 16 too late to start EV training?
    Also, is a neutral nature like Hardy that bad to have?
    Last edited by Zephy; 25th May 2009 at 06:32 PM.

Hi, I'd like to transform you into a yeti.
    Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy Changes View Post
    Would you consider level 16 too late to start EV training?
    If it's untrained (easy way to check if there's any experience in the EXP bar), then it's never too late to EV train.

Hardy's very unpreferable for a nature to use in competitive.. doesn't benefit anything, you're better off boosting one of your stats and lowering one you're not using. That being said, avoid Lax and Gentle at all costs. +Defense -SpDef (or the other way around) is pretty pointless.

Blog Entries

If it's untrained (easy way to check if there's any experience in the EXP bar), then it's never too late to EV train.

Hardy's very unpreferable for a nature to use in competitive.. doesn't benefit anything, you're better off boosting one of your stats and lowering one you're not using. That being said, avoid Lax and Gentle at all costs. +Defense -SpDef (or the other way around) is pretty pointless.
    Darn. I had a Scizor I had EV trained until level 28 and forgot to check the nature. I guess I'll remember to do that next time. Thanks for letting me know though.
    Last edited by Zephy; 25th May 2009 at 06:42 PM.

Hi, I'd like to transform you into a yeti.
    Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.