Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 20
Page 20 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I figured that was it, but the beauty here is that you really don't have to worry so much about being locked into one move becoming a problem (choice items really are a good idea in regular play though). Good luck with the gym!
    Diamond: Pogo, 0344-6412-9174
    Platinum: Pogo, 0989-7773-1927

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

I'm playing Ruby right now, and just caught a female Absol. I'm planning to use her to breed an Absol to take to the Elite Four eventually. So what's a good moveset for Absol? I heard there's a good strategy with Perish Song...

Would Rash be a usable nature for a Kingdra? I'm looking at my Method 2 IV seeds on Emerald right now and I've got a semi-decent Rash one that's an early wait.

EDIT: ...scrap that, is Hasty or Naive a good nature? My Rash frame zips by way too fast for me (it's like a 10 second wait). XD;;;
    Last edited by Tina; 9th April 2009 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if there is a new list somewhere of all the possible Pokemon that you can face in the Battle Frontier? I know a few of these lists have been created for DP... however, several Pokemon have been changed, making those lists useless.

I'm on a streak of 35 right now in the Tower, and there were a lot of close calls from things that I just didn't expect, because they didn't exist before. I can probably get to Palmer's second team (now with a random mystery Pokemon) as long as I play smart, but I feel like there's no hope in ever going beyond that without a list of some sort. Sets are just too unpredictable now with everything getting move tutor moves (unexpected elemental punches in particular are a problem). And I mean, the AI still knows everything about YOUR team, so... :/

EDIT: Nevermind, found one. Now no more critical hits on my Tyranitar. :(
    Last edited by dukeburger; 10th April 2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Diamond: Pogo, 0344-6412-9174
    Platinum: Pogo, 0989-7773-1927

I need to decide on an item for my Zangoose, but I'm not sure what to use.

Zangoose @ ???: Immunity
    Jolly; 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 4 Def
    -Swords Dance
    -Return
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch

I originally had Silk Scarf because Quick Attack was in the set instead of Ice Punch, but now that's not so useful. I was thinking Focus Sash. Unless there's a berry that might be useful? Any suggestions would be awesome, and thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

Focus Sash or Life Orb. Your pick, really. I guess Muscle Band could be used too if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiil View Post
    Focus Sash or Life Orb. Your pick, really. I guess Muscle Band could be used too if you wanted.
    Thanks. :)

OK can you help me with my two Pokemon

Pokémon's name: Alakazam
    Pokémon's Ability:Synchronize
    Pokémon's Nature
    Pokémon's EVs ?
    Pokémon's Green Scarf
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Shadow Punch
    ~ Swords Dance

Alakazam is a Pokemon for Smart contests

Pokémon's name: Breloom
    Pokémon's Ability: Poison Heal
    Pokémon's Nature: Hasty
    Pokémon's
    Pokémon's Smoke Ball
    ~ False Swipe
    ~ Spore
    ~ Energy Ball
    ~ Synthesis

This is enganered to be the best Pokemon for catching other Pokemon

The strongest of them all

I need help with my Infernape.

Infernape@Life Orb
    Nature: Lonely
    EV's: 252 Atk / 100 Satk / 156 Spd
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ ThunderPunch
    ~ Overheat
    ~ ???

I can't decide his fourth move: Punishment, E-quake, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, U-turn, Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Flare Blitz and Swords Dance all seem great options. I guess it should be noted that I plan to use it at level 50.
    =\

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Random Chaos View Post
    OK can you help me with my two Pokemon

Pokémon's name: Alakazam
    Pokémon's Ability:Synchronize
    Pokémon's Nature
    Pokémon's EVs ?
    Pokémon's Green Scarf
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Shadow Punch
    ~ Swords Dance

Alakazam is a Pokemon for Smart contests
    >.< Well...ordinarily I'd flip out with a WTF is Swords Dance doing on an Alakazam, especially alongside Calm Mind, but...well, here goes.

You have two moves which earn you double points on the next turn, and two which give +2 if you go first. Now, I'm getting the idea that you'll be alternating between the "double points" moves and the "+2" moves. The problem I see is that, for this strategy to work, you need to ensure that you're going first in the first round of the battle portion. If you can pull this off, hey, bully for you. Looks fine to me, though I'd hate to waste an Alakazam on Contests >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Random Chaos View Post
    Pokémon's name: Breloom
    Pokémon's Ability: Poison Heal
    Pokémon's Nature: Hasty
    Pokémon's
    Pokémon's Smoke Ball
    ~ False Swipe
    ~ Spore
    ~ Energy Ball
    ~ Synthesis

This is enganered to be the best Pokemon for catching other Pokemon
    Pretty much anything with False Swipe that's fast can be used to catch pokemon efficiently. There's not much to 'rate,' with this one -- if it works, great. If it doesn't work, well, why? Is it too slow? Does it not have the attack power to bring a pokemon down to 1 HP with False Swipe consistently? Once you know the problem, then come back and people can give suggestions to fix it.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Can RNG for shinys :D freddie515's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Could someody rate this moveset ?
    Lucario @ ???
    adament 252atk/252speed/4hp
    ice punch
    thunder punch
    close combat
    blaze kick

it seems pretty good to me and it will be getting speed boosts and maybe a swords dance from ninjask.

Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

If your going to have a physical set, it should have Swords Dance and probably extreme speed.

Trophies

Is it worthwhile to EV train for the E4 and Battle Tower or is that mainly for WiFi battles?

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

For E4: No. It's easy. Just have 2 things like 10 levels over every other thing and you're fine.

For Tower: It's very worthwhile. The Tower is already hard enough as it is (When you get up to higher numbers that is) and that's with EV trained Pokémon. My highest streak was 91 with EV trained ones, so it's not like regular in-game. It takes a lot of strategy.

Would a Hasty or Naive nature be suitable for a Crobat...?

Going through a couple of my teams and looking at my Emerald shiny IV sets.. I've been trying to look for a new lead for my rain team, and thought these two spreads might be suitable for that:

Naive, 31-25-29-30-8-16 [flying 40]
    Hasty, 31-12-6-1-26-31 [bug 58]

But yeah, is Hasty/Naive a good nature for a Crobat and are those two IV spreads decent for one? =/