Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 20
Page 20 of 213 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

What moveset for a Togekiss with high Sp. Atk would be best? Right now its got Wish, Metronome, Fly, and Ancient Power...
    Currently looking for help with a web project. If interested in more details, please feel free to PM me!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

Quote Originally Posted by Milotic2003 View Post
    What moveset for a Togekiss with high Sp. Atk would be best? Right now its got Wish, Metronome, Fly, and Ancient Power...
    What ability does it have -- Hustle or Serene Grace? I'm having the same sort of problem -- my Togetic has insane Sp. Atk and Hustle to boost physical moves (I fix the accuracy problem by just giving it a Wide Lens), but it's speed is down the crapper. It's level 40 something, and the Shellos outside Pastoria are still faster than it, even though it doesn't have a -Spd. nature. -_- hel-lo, 0 Speed IVs

Anyway, Togekiss learns the special moves Aura Sphere and Air Slash, I believe via the Heart Scale guy in Pastoria, so those would be good moves. I plan on teaching mine Shadow Ball, to use the Fighting/Ghost combo...and in-game it's my flyer. Check and see what Hidden Power type it has (a guy in the Prize exchange in Veilstone will tell you), or you could keep Ancient Power if you need a Rock-type move. Togekiss learns a lot of special moves through TM, as well, if none of these suggestions work for you.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

My Togekiss has Hustle, has HP: 123, Attack: 48, Defense: 84, Sp. Atk: 112, Sp. Def: 103, and Speed: 75, I plan on using a Wide Lens too, I got a reccommendation for Ancient Power, Air Slash, Wish, and Aura Sphere, but I think I'm gonna go with Flamethrower instead of Aura Sphere, because I already got a Lucario
    Currently looking for help with a web project. If interested in more details, please feel free to PM me!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Blog Entries

^ Whatever floats your boat, Milotic

So...in the Battle Hall, if I'm right, you can only use one pokemon throughout the entire time. So, do Choice Items work any differently? Because if they don't, it kinda sucks

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Why would choice items work any differently... and actually... why would that suck? Considering you're probably going to be spamming the same move in each battle anyway, and it's not like having to switch out is an issue or even an option... *shrug* I actually recommend focus sash anyway, but I suppose it depends on your strategy.
    Diamond: Pogo, 0344-6412-9174
    Platinum: Pogo, 0989-7773-1927

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukeburger View Post
    Why would choice items work any differently... and actually... why would that suck? Considering you're probably going to be spamming the same move in each battle anyway, and it's not like having to switch out is an issue or even an option... *shrug* I actually recommend focus sash anyway, but I suppose it depends on your strategy.
    I don't know, I guess that's just my dislike of Choice Items in general showing through...getting locked into only one move is really annoying to me, even though you're right, I probably would end up using the same move. Then again, I haven't even beaten Pastoria's gym in Platinum yet, so I've got a ways to go. I was just curious.

Blog Entries

I figured that was it, but the beauty here is that you really don't have to worry so much about being locked into one move becoming a problem (choice items really are a good idea in regular play though). Good luck with the gym!

I'm playing Ruby right now, and just caught a female Absol. I'm planning to use her to breed an Absol to take to the Elite Four eventually. So what's a good moveset for Absol? I heard there's a good strategy with Perish Song...

Would Rash be a usable nature for a Kingdra? I'm looking at my Method 2 IV seeds on Emerald right now and I've got a semi-decent Rash one that's an early wait.

EDIT: ...scrap that, is Hasty or Naive a good nature? My Rash frame zips by way too fast for me (it's like a 10 second wait). XD;;;
    Last edited by Tina; 9th April 2009 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if there is a new list somewhere of all the possible Pokemon that you can face in the Battle Frontier? I know a few of these lists have been created for DP... however, several Pokemon have been changed, making those lists useless.

I'm on a streak of 35 right now in the Tower, and there were a lot of close calls from things that I just didn't expect, because they didn't exist before. I can probably get to Palmer's second team (now with a random mystery Pokemon) as long as I play smart, but I feel like there's no hope in ever going beyond that without a list of some sort. Sets are just too unpredictable now with everything getting move tutor moves (unexpected elemental punches in particular are a problem). And I mean, the AI still knows everything about YOUR team, so... :/

EDIT: Nevermind, found one. Now no more critical hits on my Tyranitar. :(
    Last edited by dukeburger; 10th April 2009 at 08:25 PM.

I need to decide on an item for my Zangoose, but I'm not sure what to use.

Zangoose @ ???: Immunity
    Jolly; 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 4 Def
    -Swords Dance
    -Return
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch

I originally had Silk Scarf because Quick Attack was in the set instead of Ice Punch, but now that's not so useful. I was thinking Focus Sash. Unless there's a berry that might be useful? Any suggestions would be awesome, and thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Visit Wiilio's Youtube Channel

Focus Sash or Life Orb. Your pick, really. I guess Muscle Band could be used too if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiil View Post
    Focus Sash or Life Orb. Your pick, really. I guess Muscle Band could be used too if you wanted.
    Thanks. :)

OK can you help me with my two Pokemon

Pokémon's name: Alakazam
    Pokémon's Ability:Synchronize
    Pokémon's Nature
    Pokémon's EVs ?
    Pokémon's Green Scarf
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Shadow Punch
    ~ Swords Dance

Alakazam is a Pokemon for Smart contests

Pokémon's name: Breloom
    Pokémon's Ability: Poison Heal
    Pokémon's Nature: Hasty
    Pokémon's
    Pokémon's Smoke Ball
    ~ False Swipe
    ~ Spore
    ~ Energy Ball
    ~ Synthesis

This is enganered to be the best Pokemon for catching other Pokemon

The strongest of them all

I need help with my Infernape.

Infernape@Life Orb
    Nature: Lonely
    EV's: 252 Atk / 100 Satk / 156 Spd
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ ThunderPunch
    ~ Overheat
    ~ ???

I can't decide his fourth move: Punishment, E-quake, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, U-turn, Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Flare Blitz and Swords Dance all seem great options. I guess it should be noted that I plan to use it at level 50.
    =\