Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 18
Page 18 of 198 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

There's also Gorebyss and Huntail.

..Scizor's probably the only good one out of the four, though.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos

So, I'm SRing the TRU Regigigas, and I come up with this:

Regigigas - #486 (Brave)
    HP: 20
    Att: 26
    Def: 0
    SpA: 17
    SpD: 4
    Speed: 29

Brave #486 Regigigas: 20 / 26 / 0 / 17 / 4 / 29

Hidden Power Type is 'Bug'. Hidden Power Power is 31.

Opinions? Keep or trash? Seems a waste to have 29 IVs in speed with a -Speed nature, but those Attack and HP IVs aren't shabby...
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

^Trash. IVs aside, the Toys R Us Regigigas is already level 100, meaning it can't be EV trained. You're better off just catching a "normal" one, since you can influence its nature, EVs, etc.

EDIT: When I say trash, I don't mean get rid of it-- I just mean it's no good competitively. But you should keep that Regigigas so that you can access the other three golems in Platinum (if you want).
    Last edited by The Fool on the Hill; 20th March 2009 at 05:25 AM.

is this a good moveset for my hypno
    lvl 41 (getting to 50)
    brave
    attack 80
    defense 66
    sp.atk 69
    sp.def 103
    speed 63
    holding big root

1 hypnosis
    2 nightmare
    3 dream eater
    4 psychic

planning on putting pokemon to sleep using nightmare then dream eater if health down if not or if pokemon faster using psychic

justin leov best mountain biker ever he rides for yeti
    color=#0000FF]
    ike's PokePet

tortank the level 36 Blastoise!
    [/color]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tokillachatot View Post
    is this a good moveset for my hypno
    lvl 41 (getting to 50)
    brave
    attack 80
    defense 66
    sp.atk 69
    sp.def 103
    speed 63

1 hypnosis
    2 nightmare
    3 dream eater
    4 psychic
    Well, first off, Brave is a terrible nature for a Hypno. Brave is +Attack, -Speed, and on a special-based pokemon (particularly one with decent speed), that's pretty much worthless. Besides, you're not even using a physically based attack, so the Brave nature is completely useless.

Your moveset also banks a lot on Hypnosis hitting. Though it's accuracy got a boost in DP, in Platinum, it's back down to 60% accuracy. Even then, there's no way to gauge how long your opponent will stay asleep, provided they even stay in. The unexpected awakening of your opponent, or their switching out, completely nullifies two of your attacks. Your third attack, Psychic, gets a lot of neutral damage, but doesn't hit a lot super-effectively, and if a Dark or Steel type switches in, you're screwed.

Hypno doesn't do well as an all-out attacker. It's an annoyer -- it gets a wide range of status moves, and is very good at coming in (especially on special based attacks), causing the status of choice, maybe attacking, then getting the hell out of there. Try looking here for some ideas.

"He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

In addition to what Edo-kun said, Dream Eater shouldn't be used, as you can't use it if the opponent hasn't been put to sleep yet. Plus, with sleep clause in most competitive scenes, it completely wastes your moveslot should they switch. Nightmare is bad for similar reasons. I can't think of a situation where either of those moves are worth the space.
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

Blog Entries

Just a note...I'm probably going to end up keeping that TRU Regigigas I put up for opinions a couple posts ago. Thanks Shipwreck Kelly (though if anyone has a convincing argument as to why I should keep resetting, I'm perfectly willing to listen).

thanks for the help you guys

justin leov best mountain biker ever he rides for yeti
    color=#0000FF]
    ike's PokePet

tortank the level 36 Blastoise!
    [/color]

Can RNG for shinys :D freddie515's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why is shaymin classed UU on smogon >_> Im pretty sure it should be OU

^Shaymin's Land Forme is UU on Smogon. Once they create a page for Shaymin's Sky Forme, I'm sure it will be OU, if not Uber.
    Last edited by The Fool on the Hill; 21st March 2009 at 07:43 AM.

Based Mod DCM's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Awful movepool and celebi outclasses her
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Also, Smogon moved basically all of BL into UU for testing. I'm pretty sure Land Forme should be BL, but I haven't really used it much so I don't really know.
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

Quote Originally Posted by freddie515 View Post
    Why is shaymin classed UU on smogon >_> Im pretty sure it should be OU
    Because its based on usage, and without the BL ban tier in existance right now for testing, people who don't know that automatically think UU = Weak.

Based Mod DCM's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Why isnt Shadow Claw used in SD Lucario? Doesnt the Combo of Shadow Claw and Close Combat hit everything at least neutral, and with Extreme speed and the boost from Swords Dance he should be able to take down most things.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    Why isnt Shadow Claw used in SD Lucario? Doesnt the Combo of Shadow Claw and Close Combat hit everything at least neutral, and with Extreme speed and the boost from Swords Dance he should be able to take down most things.
    Crunch basically gets the same coverage without Normal types being immune to it. Also the physical defense loss is fairly nice. Its not only hitting everything neutral, but also being able to better handle better threats and counters.

I'd imagine that physical Lucarios would now use Ice Punch or Thunder punch.