Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 174
Page 174 of 225 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3371

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Do stat changes stay with a pokemon if it switches out, so lets say I use quiver dance on my volcarona, and switch to my tyranitar, and switch back to volcarona, will it keep the quiver dance boosts?
    Official claimer of Volcarona
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984
    Fighting safari:mienfoo-pancham-hariyama

No.

Blog Entries

I think I already know the answer, but figured I'd ask -- can you make a Talonflame that's impossible to hit?

Gale Wings makes Flying moves +1 Priority. If you had it and used Fly, you'd be guaranteed to fly up before the opponent strikes. But does the second round of Fly factor in Gale Wings? If not, if you had 0 Speed IV and a -Speed Nature and no Speed EVs, maybe even hold Iron Ball too, so that you had really low Speed, your opponent might go first.

So it'd be like...
    Turn 1: You use Fly, your opponent uses whatever and misses.
    Turn 2: Your opponent uses whatever and misses, you then hit with Fly.

Presumably that wouldn't happen, I'm guessing the second turn of Fly does indeed factor in Gale Wings, but does anyone know for sure? Has anyone tried this? Nintendo has been known to overlook some programming stuff before.

Quote Originally Posted by hakiobo View Post
    Do stat changes stay with a pokemon if it switches out, so lets say I use quiver dance on my volcarona, and switch to my tyranitar, and switch back to volcarona, will it keep the quiver dance boosts?
    No, but if you use Baton Pass (which Volcarona can't learn, though), you can pass stat changes from one Pokemon to another. It's a powerful strategy if you use it right. Imagine using Gorebyss and Baton Passing Shell Smash (lowers Def and Sp Def by one stage each, raises Atk, Sp Atk and Spd by two each) to Greninja @_@
    Follow me on the PGL! http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/A-461-1144-O/timeline/
    3DS FC: 1993-8675-7145 (Pokemon X) IGN: SIMBA FS: Growlithe, Larvesta, ????

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Theoretically that works, as in if the opponent is stupid you're set. But things like Thunder, Hurricane, Pokémon who are naturally slower than you, and especially negative priority moves will fuck you up. Dragon Tail always goes last, so it will hit you decently hard and then you lose 50% from Stealth Rock the next time you switch in. So yeah, completely nonviable, especially considering that you have much better things you could be doing with Talonflame.

Blog Entries

In the Battle Spot Bring-Six-Choose-Three format, what would you say are the essential "roles" to fill as you're building your team?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    In the Battle Spot Bring-Six-Choose-Three format, what would you say are the essential "roles" to fill as you're building your team?
    If you're just filling 3 roles, I would personally fill them with 3 sweepers. However in a set of 6 Pokemon its nice to have a scout, someone who can set up and 2-4 sweepers. I don't really find Walls that useful. Just a way to delay the inevitable.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

Fair enough, I suppose entry-hazards and the like would have diminished utility in that format. As far as walls go, though, my Chansey wreaks havoc on Battle Spot.

Can anything with Magic Guard learn Knock Off? Knock Off+ Sticky Barb seems interesting...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnybodyAgrees View Post
    Can anything with Magic Guard learn Knock Off? Knock Off+ Sticky Barb seems interesting...
    The Abra family can learn it through breeding and they have Magic Guard as their hidden ability. I don't really think that Sticky Barb is something that is too common to worry about. Most poisons just end up running the slime that acts like a poison Lefties.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Yes, but their item becomes Sticky Barb after a contact move and Knock Off.

Although I guess Alakazam is way too frail to utilize stall damage anyway, so that's one strategy to avoid.

Blog Entries

How does Trick Room affect priority moves?

i.e. Under normal circumstances if two pokemon use Quick Attack at the same time, the faster pokemon will move first. Under Trick Room, will the slower pokemon use Quick Attack first? Or are priority moves resolved normally regardless of Trick Room?

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Under Trick Room speed tiers are completely reversed. In your example, the slower Pokémon would use Quick Attack first. This means that on your Hail team you could have your Abomasnow use Ice Shard to hit a Talonflame before it could Brave Bird you, since I'm assuming that scenarios like that are why you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by AnybodyAgrees View Post
    While it isn't Magic Guard, Audino has Klutz which also negates Sticky Barb damage, as well as access to Knock Off. It also has the bulk to pull of that kind of strategy, though it's still a fairly gimmicky option.

EDIT: I just checked and Reuniclus has also access to the Sticky Barb, Magic Guard and Knock Off. Though unlike Audino, Reuniclus actually has better things to do.
    Last edited by Winterdaze; 1st March 2014 at 02:22 AM.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

How do I counter Cosmic Power+ Stored Power+ Soft-Boiled Clefable? Because it wrecks my team, and heals up any damage I do to it.
    My GPX+
    My 3DS FC is 5412-9933-2792.
    DON'T
    like my posts. It just annoys me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julum View Post
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

How do I counter Cosmic Power+ Stored Power+ Soft-Boiled Clefable? Because it wrecks my team, and heals up any damage I do to it.
    Best way I can think of is Choice Band Scizor or Aegislash

YouTube|Breeding Service