Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 172
Page 172 of 213 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3192

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

  1. #2566
    Rocking the Lucario Thundagere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,732
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    @Xwolf22 ; I've gone ahead and merged this with the Simple Questions and Answers Thread. In the future, please post such questions in this thread, as opposed to creating an entirely new thread. Thank you.

    Made by Blue Dragon!

  2. #2567

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    I'd really like a strategy for a Weavile with the ability Pickpocket and the held item Focus Sash. What I need help with is what Nature, EVs, and Movies it should have. This will be for my White version and I'm open to egg/tutor moves. Greatly appreciated!

  3. #2568
    Registered User Tjd78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    probably somewhere
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    This is a dumb question but what exactly does it mean for a pokemon to be banned? I understand that it means that they cannot be used, but what exactly can't they be used for? I read some of the links in the first post bit I'm still confused. Are they only banned from competitons or are these just unofficial rules that everybody follows. I know this is dumb but I really don't get it.
    Last edited by Tjd78; 28th July 2013 at 03:01 PM.

  4. #2569
    Misty's rival Shego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Sorry if this is the bad time but I need your help with the Proper EV Training.

    I got a Torchic that it hatched from the daycare in Black 2 Version. My Torchic has an Adamant Nature,and according to the Stat Judge, it has an outstanding potential overall. Its not easy to get that kind of pokemon after I breed one after another. He said that it best stat is lies within Attack stat due to its characteristic of saying "Its Likes to Thrash About". He said it has that its Speed stat is also good,and its defense stat is also good. It can't get any better. As for EV Training, I understand the vitamins,Macho Brace,and pokerus, but I never use the Power Items like Power Weight,Band,Lens,Anklet,Bracer,and Belt before. You see, I was worry about the calculations. You see I wanted to make sure that it has EV 252 for Speed,and Attack,and 4 or 6 Defense.

    Do you think that this website can help? Source: Marriland Website

    You see, I kind of need your help with the Power Items. You see, I wanted to EV Train my soon to be Blaziken that has the outstanding potential the right way. I don't want to mess it up. Should I start EV Train it as a LV1 Torchic after I give 10 Proteins,10 Carbos,and give him a pokerus. And then battle the certain pokemon like Basclins for Speed and Patrat/Lillipup/Pidove/Riolu? Or is there something else? When you have the time, please let me know because I wanted to do this right. I've spent hours and hours to have a pokemon with the better stat.

    The directions would help me more.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg


    *Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..


    I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

  5. #2570
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,759
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Sorry if this is the bad time but I need your help with the Proper EV Training.

    I got a Torchic that it hatched from the daycare in Black 2 Version. My Torchic has an Adamant Nature,and according to the Stat Judge, it has an outstanding potential overall. Its not easy to get that kind of pokemon after I breed one after another. He said that it best stat is lies within Attack stat due to its characteristic of saying "Its Likes to Thrash About". He said it has that its Speed stat is also good,and its defense stat is also good. It can't get any better. As for EV Training, I understand the vitamins,Macho Brace,and pokerus, but I never use the Power Items like Power Weight,Band,Lens,Anklet,Bracer,and Belt before. You see, I was worry about the calculations. You see I wanted to make sure that it has EV 252 for Speed,and Attack,and 4 or 6 Defense.

    Do you think that this website can help? Source: Marriland Website

    You see, I kind of need your help with the Power Items. You see, I wanted to EV Train my soon to be Blaziken that has the outstanding potential the right way. I don't want to mess it up. Should I start EV Train it as a LV1 Torchic after I give 10 Proteins,10 Carbos,and give him a pokerus. And then battle the certain pokemon like Basclins for Speed and Patrat/Lillipup/Pidove/Riolu? Or is there something else? When you have the time, please let me know because I wanted to do this right. I've spent hours and hours to have a pokemon with the better stat.

    The directions would help me more.
    Ok, I would suggest that you save the game before doing the below things.

    First and foremost, get the vitamins and feed Torchic 10 proteins and 10 carbos. This will straightaway give him 100 evs in both Attack and Speed.

    If you haven't saved till now again, I would suggest saving before starting ev training with the power items.

    Stage 2. Make him wear the speed power item and battle Basculin. Basculin IIRC yield 2 speed evs and the power item will yield 4. So, every battle will give you 6. This means that 25 battles will give you 150 and you will get to a total of 250 evs with the evs from the vitamins and the power items. Now get 2 Swift wing and use them on Torchic.

    For attack, fight against Druddigon with that attack power item and do the same as above.

    Stage 3. Get 4 defense wings and use them on Torchic.

    Stage 4: Go to Opelucid city for the ev checking lady. Talk to her. She should say that "Torchic needs to work harder". Give Torchic any 2 wings and talk to her again. If her message has changed to, "Torchic has put in a great effort" , then you have done it perfectly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  6. #2571
    Misty's rival Shego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Sorry if this is the bad time but I need your help with the Proper EV Training.

    I got a Torchic that it hatched from the daycare in Black 2 Version. My Torchic has an Adamant Nature,and according to the Stat Judge, it has an outstanding potential overall. Its not easy to get that kind of pokemon after I breed one after another. He said that it best stat is lies within Attack stat due to its characteristic of saying "Its Likes to Thrash About". He said it has that its Speed stat is also good,and its defense stat is also good. It can't get any better. As for EV Training, I understand the vitamins,Macho Brace,and pokerus, but I never use the Power Items like Power Weight,Band,Lens,Anklet,Bracer,and Belt before. You see, I was worry about the calculations. You see I wanted to make sure that it has EV 252 for Speed,and Attack,and 4 or 6 Defense.

    Do you think that this website can help? Source: Marriland Website

    You see, I kind of need your help with the Power Items. You see, I wanted to EV Train my soon to be Blaziken that has the outstanding potential the right way. I don't want to mess it up. Should I start EV Train it as a LV1 Torchic after I give 10 Proteins,10 Carbos,and give him a pokerus. And then battle the certain pokemon like Basclins for Speed and Patrat/Lillipup/Pidove/Riolu? Or is there something else? When you have the time, please let me know because I wanted to do this right. I've spent hours and hours to have a pokemon with the better stat.

    The directions would help me more.
    Ok, I would suggest that you save the game before doing the below things.

    First and foremost, get the vitamins and feed Torchic 10 proteins and 10 carbos. This will straightaway give him 100 evs in both Attack and Speed.

    If you haven't saved till now again, I would suggest saving before starting ev training with the power items.

    Stage 2. Make him wear the speed power item and battle Basculin. Basculin IIRC yield 2 speed evs and the power item will yield 4. So, every battle will give you 6. This means that 25 battles will give you 150 and you will get to a total of 250 evs with the evs from the vitamins and the power items. Now get 2 Swift wing and use them on Torchic.

    For attack, fight against Druddigon with that attack power item and do the same as above.

    Stage 3. Get 4 defense wings and use them on Torchic.

    Stage 4: Go to Opelucid city for the ev checking lady. Talk to her. She should say that "Torchic needs to work harder". Give Torchic any 2 wings and talk to her again. If her message has changed to, "Torchic has put in a great effort" , then you have done it perfectly!
    I see what you mean. Here's the plan that I have in mind before yours suggested. I'm planning on giving 10 Proteins,10 Carbos,4 Resist Feathers,then give him the pokerus and give the Power Items. Then I equip Torchic with Power Anklet then battle the Bascilns, and take out 12 of them to get 252 for Speed. Then equip Torchic/Combusken with the Power Bracer then battle the Patrats/Pidove/Lillipup/Riolu and take out 15 of them to get 252EV for the Attack. Sounds like a good plan?

    In any case, I'm EV train it on Pokemon Black 2 Version.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg


    *Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..


    I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

  7. #2572
    Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bangor? I hardly know her!
    Posts
    6,318
    Blog Entries
    893

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Would it be Kosher if I posted a semi weekly "pokemon of the week" metagame discussion? Just to talk about some alternative pokemon, maybe get people pumped for the new metagame?

  8. #2573

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    i'd be down for it if you're interested.

  9. #2574

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    sounds awesome.

  10. #2575
    The destruction of evil. Stoney the Yveltal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    As a Yveltal, I fly free!
    Posts
    71
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    I thought of a moveset for Infernape, but I didn't see it at Smogon, so I thought I'd ask about it here:
    (hopefully this is the right spot for this post...)

    Adamant or Jolly nature

    Iron Fist ability

    Leftover item

    6 HP/252 Atk & Spd EVs (might need more HP...)

    Fire Punch (BW2 move tutor)
    Focus Punch (egg move)
    Substitute (TM)
    Swords Dance (TM)

    The idea is to set up Substitute so Infernape can set up Swords Dance & use Focus Punch in safety, as well as
    avoiding status.

    But I wonder how well this'd do for a few reasons:
    Will Fire & Fighting be good enough attacking coverage?
    Will Infernape's HP be high enough for that 101 mark with the right EV spread?
    Does Substitute runs indepent of the user's defense stats?
    Will this moveset do enough damage to justify it's use?
    Will Leftovers give enough recovery to use Substitute at least one more time than usual & will not holding
    an attack power inceasing item weaken Infernape too much?

    Sigature by Alciel

  11. #2576

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney the Yveltal View Post
    I thought of a moveset for Infernape, but I didn't see it at Smogon, so I thought I'd ask about it here:
    (hopefully this is the right spot for this post...)

    Adamant or Jolly nature

    Iron Fist ability

    Leftover item

    6 HP/252 Atk & Spd EVs (might need more HP...)

    Fire Punch (BW2 move tutor)
    Focus Punch (egg move)
    Substitute (TM)
    Swords Dance (TM)

    The idea is to set up Substitute so Infernape can set up Swords Dance & use Focus Punch in safety, as well as
    avoiding status.

    But I wonder how well this'd do for a few reasons:
    Will Fire & Fighting be good enough attacking coverage?
    Will Infernape's HP be high enough for that 101 mark with the right EV spread?
    Does Substitute runs indepent of the user's defense stats?
    Will this moveset do enough damage to justify it's use?
    Will Leftovers give enough recovery to use Substitute at least one more time than usual & will not holding
    an attack power inceasing item weaken Infernape too much?
    To answer your question about substitutes, the strength of the sub depends on the pokemon's defense. So any attack that would do 25% or more damage to infernape would break it. Also, infernape cannot have 101 hp subs no matter how many EVs you give it. In your set, I wouldn't run both swords dance and focus punch.It would be very difficult for you to set up both behind a substitute because infernape is so frail. So I would recommend including a third attack like thunder punch or stone edge instead.

    Hope this helps

  12. #2577
    The destruction of evil. Stoney the Yveltal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    As a Yveltal, I fly free!
    Posts
    71
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    Would Substitute even be worth using without the 101 HP mark?
    I'm not sure how often moves like Seismic Toss & Night Shade are used in OU...

    Sigature by Alciel

  13. #2578
    Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In a Poke Mart.
    Posts
    1,222
    Blog Entries
    102

    Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    I'm thinking of training some Eeveelutions, but I'm not sure what Natures to use. Can someone help me out?

    Right now, I'm thinking of training maybe an Eevee (yes, a regular old, Eevee), Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Umbreon.

    For Vaporeon I was thinking of a Modest Nature and go for a more Offencive, but Tankish Vaporeon. I looked it up on Smogon though, and pretty much all of them say Bold Nature.

    For Jolteon, I was thinking of a fast Attacker, and maybe going for Modest for the little bit more power, sense Jolteon is already fast. Smogon says though to go for Timid Nature.

    Flareon... I'm not so sure about. It now has access to Flare Blitz, so I want to take advantage of that.

    Espeon... Smogon says to go for Timid Nature. I don't know though lol. I want it to be another Attacker though.

    Umbreon... I kinda want it to be a Wall of some sort, with it's high Defensive Stats.

    And... Yeah. I'm pretty much clueless though, so I really need help from someone who knows.

    Also, by the way, sense Eevee gets Wish through Chain Breeding (According to Bulbapedia, it's Togetic>Skitty>Eevee), I could try to get Wish onto the Eevees, but I need a Friend Safari with Togepi in it.

    This is for Pokemon X and Y.


    I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

  14. #2579

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    I have a question.

    I have 5 pokemon that i wan't to use in battling, looking for the last one now.

    But my question is, my current pokemon are all between lvl 60-80 they are all EV maxed out by just levelling and grinding the elite four.
    Now is my question should i just use my reset bag on them via super training, and then EV train them properly.
    The next question is I don't know in what to EV train them my black charizard is the only in the team on the moment that's EV trained in attack and speed.
    my other pokemon are Greninja, Raichu, Gardevoir, salamence.

  15. #2580

    Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

    So I have a question....

    First of all, I beated Pokemon Y, and now i'm thinking of battling online.
    My pokemon team is fully EV trained trough beating the game, so the EV's are spread.
    Now is it smart to use the reset bag to reset the stats and EV train my pokemon better?
    All the pokemon are in between lvl 60-80.

    Second question How do I know wich pokemon I need to EV train in wich stat? (attack, speed, defense, etc...)?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •