Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 169

Page 169 of 184 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2760
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Cherrim is incredibly bad. Speedy sun sweep=Chlorophyll Venasaur.

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

I'm making a sandstorm team, but I am having trouble with fighting and ground types. Several of my pokemon have moves that are good on those types but I could really use an excessively bulky pokemon that is not weak to either of the two. (yes I know fighting and ground are good on more types than any other with 5 supereffective hits apeace)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlaziken View Post
    I'm making a sandstorm team, but I am having trouble with fighting and ground types. Several of my pokemon have moves that are good on those types but I could really use an excessively bulky pokemon that is not weak to either of the two. (yes I know fighting and ground are good on more types than any other with 5 supereffective hits apeace)
    Celebi could be useful.

Much love to Zurr

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlaziken View Post
    Latias and Celebi are both great for sandstorm teams as although they are not immune to sandstorm and really hinders them, they do both have Recovery and help deal with both Terrakion, Conkelldurr and Rain teams.

Hey guys. Do you think that Politoed with the Drizzle ability can help the Rain Team? I've already know that Milotic is one of the best members of the Water Team.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg

*Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Hey guys. Do you think that Politoed with the Drizzle ability can help the Rain Team? I've already know that Milotic is one of the best members of the Water Team.
    Yes, Politoed is a good idea on a Rain team. Even if Magikarp had Drizzle it'd be good on Rain teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Yes, Politoed is a good idea on a Rain team. Even if Magikarp had Drizzle it'd be good on Rain teams.
    Ok. That's great. But I thought that Politoed and Kyogre are the only two pokemon who can use Drizzle ability. So I thought that Politoed would be the one. Better than to rely on the legendary pokemon.
    Last edited by Shego; 15th September 2012 at 06:24 PM.

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

Blog Entries

Ok. That's great. But I thought that Politoed and Kyogre are the only two pokemon who can use Drizzle ability. So I thought that Politoed would be the one. Better than to rely on the legendary pokemon.
    If you play Ubers, Kyogre is best. If you play OU, Politoed is best.

Kyogre can definitely help with the weather, but if I use Kyogre, then people would think that I'm sort kind of a noob who have no skills. Hey, how about Corsola and Floatzel? Corsola will start off with the Stealth Rock to weaken the opponents' pokemon, and Floatzel with the Swift Swim ability will go off with the attack once Drizzle have the effect. But what kind of Politoed with Drizzle ability should I use? I've already planned a Milotic like this...

Milotic
    Nature: Calm
    Characteristic: Good Endurance
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP/240 DEF/ 16 Sp. Def

Moveset:
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Scald
    Dragon Tail
    So what do you think of this Milotic? Would that be enough to help out the Rain Team? Or should I have her EV trained like this? 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
    Last edited by Shego; 17th September 2012 at 05:30 PM.

Its dangerous to go alone King Eriandor's Avatar

Thanks, Celebi was pretty useful

I'm making a new Doubles team which I may use for VGC an I need a bit of help

Currently I have focus a whimsicott which sets up trick room on the first turn (Partnered with heatran) hopfully surviving with focus sash and getting a priority sunny day in at the start of turn 2.
    The aforementioned heatran will use protect turn 1 and then use sun boosted eruption.

Team:
    Whimsicott @ Focus sash/mental herb
    Evs: 152 speed, 152 sp.Atk, 4 hp
    N: Timid
    A: Prankster
    Moves:
    Trick Room
    Sunny Day
    Giga Drain
    Taunt

Although trick room isn't given priority, nobody expects it from a whimsicott although I could probably use a backup for TR setup. Speed for taunting before being taunted.

Heatran @ Leftovers
    EV: 252 sp.atk, 124 Def, 124 Sp.def
    N: Quiet
    A: Flash fire
    Moves:
    Eruption
    Protect
    Flash Cannon
    Solarbeam

Good defences, offences and type coverage his low speed allows him to work very well inside trick room.

Any suggestions?

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I'm just wondering, should I change EV spreads depending on the IVs of the Pokemon, for example:

Chansey @Eviolite
    IVs: 31, 7, 31, 28, 18, 21

It's 'spose to be a Eviolite Chansey, you know, like the wall one.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

This might be a stupid question and I'm not really sure where to put it, but I'm trying to EV train with the aid of Join Avenue to help speed up the process in Black 2 and none of the articles I've read have been very clear when it comes to Join Avenue.

Does the Cafe/Dojo tell you when a certain EV or your total EVs are maxed? I'd like to make sure I'm not wasting my money pointlessly since I don't know the exact totals of my EVs right now and since that NPC that used to tell you whether or not your EVs were maxed isn't there anymore in B2/W2, I need something else to give me an idea of where I'm at.
    Last edited by Riverstyx; 31st October 2012 at 06:48 AM.

It is honestly just easier to set up a chart on excel or a piece of paper and record how many evs you are giving them. If they already have some random evs before you start ev training then the aren't worth ev training and you should breed another one and restart.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    It is honestly just easier to set up a chart on excel or a piece of paper and record how many evs you are giving them. If they already have some random evs before you start ev training then the aren't worth ev training and you should breed another one and restart.
    Thank you for the input, but you may have misunderstood my question. I've already got the Join Avenue Salon leveled up enough that I can clear out my junk EVs without any trouble even without knowing the exact total, and I've been keeping track of them ever since I realized I was past 100 in the stats I want to max out (vitamins don't work anymore). I'm just asking if the Dojo and/or Cafe will tell me when EVs are maxed since the EV checker NPC that used to be in Opelucid City doesn't seem to be there anymore and I know my current estimates are off.
    Last edited by Riverstyx; 31st October 2012 at 06:57 PM.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would say: If you play Ubers, Kyogre is best. If you play OU, you have no choice except toed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.