Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 167
Page 167 of 225 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3372

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    It doesn't matter when you EV train a Pokemon, whether it's first or last stage. EVs become more apparent the higher the level the Pokemon is.

And the Tyranitar set looks fine.
    So its all right that I can start EV train it as a Milotic? You know, after I catch a Feebas, then evolve into a Milotic with Prism Scale, then start EV train it.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Shegoten/Kissshipping/MelodyandAsh.jpg

*Welcome to the Kissshipping Line*
    ~Ash,and Melody shall always be with each other forever.~
    Kissshipping never dies..

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    It doesn't matter when you EV train a Pokemon, whether it's first or last stage. EVs become more apparent the higher the level the Pokemon is.

So its all right that I can start EV train it as a Milotic? You know, after I catch a Feebas, then evolve into a Milotic with Prism Scale, then start EV train it.
    Yes, it's okay to start after evolving Feebas.

Ok. Thank you for the info. Now I have another I like to ask of you. Are the OU aka Overused-Tier pokemon have the best chance of winning the Wi-Fi battles,PWT,Battle Subways,and VGC battles? The Ubers pokemon are banned. They said that the Ubers pokemon are for those who don't have skills.

I happens to support this shipping. If you Kissshipping, post it on the Kissshipping thread.

Blog Entries

Ok. Thank you for the info. Now I have another I like to ask of you. Are the OU aka Overused-Tier pokemon have the best chance of winning the Wi-Fi battles,PWT,Battle Subways,and VGC battles? The Ubers pokemon are banned. They said that the Ubers pokemon are for those who don't have skills.
    Generally, yes they are. But of course the Pokemon alone won't win everything for you; strategy and skill are important too.

Generally, yes they are. But of course the Pokemon alone won't win everything for you; strategy and skill are important too.
    I understand. Strategy and Skills are important too. Most important thing of all is teamwork. Is it the good idea of making the Sand Team? You know, as Tyranitar starts off with his Sand Stream ability.

How about this set for Tyranitar?

Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 SpD
    Stealth Rock
    Crunch
    Fire Blast
    Ice Beam / Superpower

or perhaps there's even the better one than that?

Blog Entries

Yeah, Sand teams are quite effective. And it depends on what you want your Tyranitar to do for which set to use.

Yeah, Sand teams are quite effective. And it depends on what you want your Tyranitar to do for which set to use.
    Well, for Tyranitar, mine have the Timid nature. Its characteristic is "Like to thrash about". According to the Judge Stat, it has the "Relatively Superior Overall". The thing is that I like to bring out the best in pokemon. And I like to have the Tyranitar have the balance stats and/or EVs.

The problem is the Timid nature brings down its' best and most crucial stat. I would suggest getting one with a better nature. For the moves you want, maybe Naive would be better?
    FC: 5370 0525 7917
    IGN: Alex TSV: 2821
    Friend Safari: Grass - Pansage, Ivysaur, Maractus

Blog Entries

Sassy is the recommended nature for that Tyranitar since its supposed to be specially bulky and it doesn't really care about Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
    The problem is the Timid nature brings down its' best and most crucial stat. I would suggest getting one with a better nature. For the moves you want, maybe Naive would be better?
    I see.

Sassy is the recommended nature for that Tyranitar since its supposed to be specially bulky and it doesn't really care about Speed.
    I understand. Now I have a couple of questions I like to ask if you. If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus, will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?

Blog Entries

I see.

I understand. Now I have a couple of questions I like to ask if you. If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus, will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?
    Litwick/Elgyem give 1 SAtk EV
    Pokerus doubles EV in-take
    Macho Brace doubles EV in-take.

So you get 4 EVs per KO, which equates to one additional stat point.

Any Pokemon taking part in the battle gets experience points and EVs iirc.

I see.

Meaning that after a pokemon with the macho brace and a pokerus still getting the EVs even after the stronger pokemon with or without the pokerus done for another?

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

I see.

Meaning that after a pokemon with the macho brace and a pokerus still getting the EVs even after the stronger pokemon with or without the pokerus done for another?
    Every Pokemon that receives EXP will get either 1 or 2 EVs, depending on what the enemy Pokemon gives. For example, 2 Pokemon get EXP from that Litwick and they both get 1 SpAtk EV. If either of Pokemon has Pokerus, it gets the doubled EVs, and the other Pokemon won't. So, if either of those Pokemon have Pokerus, it will get 2 EVs and the other will get 1 EV. Macho Brace is the same. Pokerus and Macho Brace only affect the Pokemon that they are on, and no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    I see.

Every Pokemon that receives EXP will get either 1 or 2 EVs, depending on what the enemy Pokemon gives. For example, 2 Pokemon get EXP from that Litwick and they both get 1 SpAtk EV. If either of Pokemon has Pokerus, it gets the doubled EVs, and the other Pokemon won't. So, if either of those Pokemon have Pokerus, it will get 2 EVs and the other will get 1 EV. Macho Brace is the same. Pokerus and Macho Brace only affect the Pokemon that they are on, and no one else.
    I see. But I'm little lost with the pokemon with a pokerus and Macho Brace facing a certain pokemon like Litwick, and then switch out with another and stronger one who have a pokerus or not. I understand that the pokerus and Macho Brace will double its EVs in one battle like Litwick (+1) (x2 PKRS) (x2 Macho Brace). But the questions that I asked earlier are two separate questions. Just in case there are differences.

1) If I EV training a pokemon (Cyndaquil soon to be involved into the Typhlosion) who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon (Lucario) that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?

2) If I EV training a pokemon (Cyndaquil soom to be evolved into Typhlosion) who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus (Tyrantiar), will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?

Sorry that I got you confused. I never EV a pokemon with the pokerus before. To be honest, Black Version is my very first pokemon game.
    Last edited by Shego; 9th September 2012 at 09:28 PM.

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

I see. But I'm little lost with the pokemon with a pokerus and Macho Brace facing a certain pokemon like Litwick, and then switch out with another and stronger one who have a pokerus or not. I understand that the pokerus and Macho Brace will double its EVs in one battle like Litwick (+1) (x2 PKRS) (x2 Macho Brace). But the questions that I asked earlier are two separate questions. Just in case there are differences.

1) If I EV training a pokemon (Cyndaquil soon to be involved into the Typhlosion) who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon (Lucario) that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?

2) If I EV training a pokemon (Cyndaquil soom to be evolved into Typhlosion) who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus (Tyrantiar), will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?

Sorry that I got you confused. I never EV a pokemon with the pokerus before. To be honest, Black Version is my very first pokemon game.
    1) Cyndaquil will receive the 4 EVs, Lucario will receive 1 EV.
    2) Cyndaquil will receive the 4 EVs, Tyranitar will receive 2 EVs.

As I tried to explain, every Pokemon gets 1 EV if it was in the battle against the Litwick, and those EVs are then boosted for each individual Pokemon depending on if that Pokemon has Pokerus/Macho Brace or not. Cyndaquil has both, so it gets 4. Tyranitar has just Pokerus, so it gets doubled to 2, and Lucario has neither so it only gets 1. Even if you used all three Pokemon in the same battle, they would get the same EVs I just listed. It doesn't matter how many Pokemon are in the battle or how strong they are. Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things, does that make more sense? ^_^;