Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 165
Page 165 of 208 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3119

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
    1.) Is there any possible way of keeping Meloetta-P without having Relic Song in its moveset? Also, does the Relic Song work in a similar way like Giratina's forms such that Meloetta is in Pirouette (spelling?) already by having the move or does it have to be used first to switch Forme?

It starts always as Aria Forme, and has to use Relic Song in battle to become Pirouette Meloetta. It resets on every switch back to Aria.
    2.) With the advent of B2W2, I was trying create Haxorus sets. I've come up with a Choice variant. Would this be a good one?
    Aqua Tail - allows Haxorus to strike Skarmory with neutral damage at least without the stat drops.
    Outrage / Dragon Claw - STAB
    Earthquake - Good coverage with Dragon Claw or Outrage
    Superpower - Decent coverage move for Blissey and Ferrothorn.

If I wanted Dragon Dance, what move should I give up?

Either Superpower or Aqua Tail, I'd go with giving up Aqua Tail as Superpower still hits Skarm hard.

Much love to Zurr

Alright, thanks Angad. It's such a shame Pirouette needs all those prerequisites when it has such great stats for sweeping.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
    Alright, thanks Angad. It's such a shame Pirouette needs all those prerequisites when it has such great stats for sweeping.
    Yeah, there is always next gen.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

So I saw this cool Exeggcutor on a Youtube video, and I'm trying to recreate it. The person using didn't realise pinch berries were illegal at the time.

Nature: Quiet (+Satk, - Spd)
    Ability: Harvest
    Item: Petaya berry

252 HP / 252 Satk / 4 Def

-Trick Room
    -Psychic
    -Energy Ball/Leaf Storm/Giga Drain
    -HP Ice/Protect

I tweaked the moveset a good bit, and I'm just guessing EVs and Nature. Does anyone have any suggestions for it?

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Could work on a Trick Room team if people actually do those, and I think Giga Drain would be the preferred option over Energy Ball/Leaf Storm. I've always preferred Giga Drain due to slightly less power but HP restore, and since you've got the investment into HP EVs, Giga Drain could give it a considerable amount of bulk. If Petaya Berry were to be replaced, I think Leftovers could make this a real problem to deal with. Although, depending on the team, I would replace HP Ice with HP Fire, because I can see Pokemon like Scizor or Forretress either completely destroy Exeggutor, or set up with rediculous ease.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    Could work on a Trick Room team if people actually do those, and I think Giga Drain would be the preferred option over Energy Ball/Leaf Storm. I've always preferred Giga Drain due to slightly less power but HP restore, and since you've got the investment into HP EVs, Giga Drain could give it a considerable amount of bulk. If Petaya Berry were to be replaced, I think Leftovers could make this a real problem to deal with. Although, depending on the team, I would replace HP Ice with HP Fire, because I can see Pokemon like Scizor or Forretress either completely destroy Exeggutor, or set up with rediculous ease.
    The whole niche behind this is the Petaya Berry/Harvest. Exeggcutor is bulky enough to take a hit or two, then use Trick Room. If it's knocked down to half health, he gets a Satk boost and then the berry replenishes. Leftovers sort of ruins the purpose of it, and same with Giga Drain as Eggy should ideally be below half health at all times.

I do agree with HP Fire though, especially if it's used in OU. I think Protect is sort of necessary too to try and take advantage of the replenishing berries.

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    The whole niche behind this is the Petaya Berry/Harvest. Exeggcutor is bulky enough to take a hit or two, then use Trick Room. If it's knocked down to half health, he gets a Satk boost and then the berry replenishes. Leftovers sort of ruins the purpose of it, and same with Giga Drain as Eggy should ideally be below half health at all times.

I do agree with HP Fire though, especially if it's used in OU. I think Protect is sort of necessary too to try and take advantage of the replenishing berries.
    Oh, that's a good point. Energy Ball would probably work better in that case. Something that has always confused me though is if Recycle is only usable once, or a potentially infinite amount of times. Because if that was the case, you could easily run Leaf Storm, and use Protect to try and get the berry back, in order to regain the stats that were lost from Leaf Storm. Although, I think that getting the boosts and using Energy Ball would still probably be better.

Blog Entries

Oh, that's a good point. Energy Ball would probably work better in that case. Something that has always confused me though is if Recycle is only usable once, or a potentially infinite amount of times. Because if that was the case, you could easily run Leaf Storm, and use Protect to try and get the berry back, in order to regain the stats that were lost from Leaf Storm. Although, I think that getting the boosts and using Energy Ball would still probably be better.
    Thing is, once Eggy has been knocked down to half health or less, it most likely will die the next turn. It comes up to personal preference between Leaf Storm and Energy Ball, but I'm leaning towards LS. Thinking about it though, Protect is pretty mandatory. +2 stab Leaf Storm from a very fast Eggy tears apart a lot of things. Giga Drain has potential if you can heal off about as much damage as your opponent will do to you, or less damage. Another suggestion could be:

-Trick Room/Psychic/Psyshock/HP
    -Protect
    -Substitute
    -Giga Drain

Sub/Protect gets you the boosts you need to sweep, but wastes Troom turns. You could go without TR, but then Eggy lacks sweeping potential.

Visit Tifa's Youtube Channel

hi , sometimes when i battle people i get this problem where their pokemon hit before mine even though my pokemon is faster

just like now i had infernape jolly , 31 iv speed and max EVs on speed and my opponent was excadrill yet he used earthquake before me (he didnt get any speed boosts or spells that make slower pokes hit first)
    Last edited by Synthesis; 28th July 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    SoulSilver friend: 5200 8646 5151

White FC: 4943 2753 5091

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    hi , sometimes when i battle people i get this problem where their pokemon hit before mine even though my pokemon is faster

just like now i had infernape jolly , 31 iv speed and max EVs on speed and my opponent was excadrill yet he used earthquake before me (he didnt get any speed boosts or spells that make slower pokes hit first)
    It could have been in the Sand or had a Choice Scarf on.

Much love to Zurr

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I'm just wondering, for fun, is there anyway that Eevee can fit on a OU team?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    Banded Adaptability Double Edge under Trick Room is the only way it'll be doing decent damage. You could try an Eviolite set with Heal Bell, Wish, Yawn and Toxic or some other gimicky moves if you really wanted to.

Realistically, it's heavily outclassed by a lot in NU, let alone higher tiers.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Banded Adaptability Double Edge under Trick Room is the only way it'll be doing decent damage. You could try an Eviolite set with Heal Bell, Wish, Yawn and Toxic or some other gimicky moves if you really wanted to.

Okay, but I heard that Double Edge is illigal with Adaptability. How about Return?

Psst, @Angad; and @SharKing; are you there?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

Okay, but I heard that Double Edge is illigal with Adaptability. How about Return?
    Double Edge is level up, so it is legal. Last Resort could work instead of it too, I guess.

Blog Entries

You may need a lot of Baton Passes before it could become good.

Much love to Zurr