Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 162
Page 162 of 193 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2881

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CommandurrClowncrete View Post
    don't want to dampen spirits but it isn't exactly a "crafted" moveset seeing that atleast 3 of those moves are seen on pretty much every ferrothorn. And since it is close to what a standard ferro does, the smogon evs will work.

sure. I like helping.
    You're actually right, hahahaha, it's just that I don't see Ferrothorns with Toxic + Leftovers very often, so I guess I gave those common movesets a very, very small twist to make it unique. It's not that different from the others though, so you're right, it's not a crafted moveset, hahaha. I'm worried about the IVs, I guess I'll have to catch loooots of Ferroseed to pass the IVs down with the Power items... I hope I get a good Ferrothorn in the end after all the effort.
    or simply catch lots of ditto with decent ivs so that you can reuse them even after you finish breeding ferrothorn.
    Well, first, I've got to breed the Torterra that knows Leech Seed and Stealth Rock with a female Ferroseed... Out of 89 Pokémon I've trained with EVs, only three have perfect IVs: My Kangaskhan in HP, my Sceptile in Special Attack, and my Haxorus in Attack... I hope I make a fourth with Ferrothorn!
    Save yourself some time by going to the trade center and directly asking for a male ferroseed with sr + leech seed there..
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Post Thanks / Like

don't want to dampen spirits but it isn't exactly a "crafted" moveset seeing that atleast 3 of those moves are seen on pretty much every ferrothorn. And since it is close to what a standard ferro does, the smogon evs will work.

sure. I like helping.
    You're actually right, hahahaha, it's just that I don't see Ferrothorns with Toxic + Leftovers very often, so I guess I gave those common movesets a very, very small twist to make it unique. It's not that different from the others though, so you're right, it's not a crafted moveset, hahaha. I'm worried about the IVs, I guess I'll have to catch loooots of Ferroseed to pass the IVs down with the Power items... I hope I get a good Ferrothorn in the end after all the effort.
    or simply catch lots of ditto with decent ivs so that you can reuse them even after you finish breeding ferrothorn.
    Well, first, I've got to breed the Torterra that knows Leech Seed and Stealth Rock with a female Ferroseed... Out of 89 Pokémon I've trained with EVs, only three have perfect IVs: My Kangaskhan in HP, my Sceptile in Special Attack, and my Haxorus in Attack... I hope I make a fourth with Ferrothorn!
    Save yourself some time by going to the trade center and directly asking for a male ferroseed with sr + leech seed there..
    ... I don't want to sound like a n00b, but can I ask for a Pokémon with specific moves? I didn't know that! I bought Black less than a month ago and I'm still getting used to the new features...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sure. I like helping.
    ... I don't want to sound like a n00b, but can I ask for a Pokémon with specific moves? I didn't know that! I bought Black less than a month ago and I'm still getting used to the new features...
    I think you misunderstood trade center as the gts, so no you can't ask for mons with certain moves there.

I'm talking about the bulbagarden trade center where you can ask for it. That is the way how i got my own ferroseed.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Post Thanks / Like

sure. I like helping.
    I think you misunderstood trade center as the gts, so no you can't ask for mons with certain moves there.

I'm talking about the bulbagarden trade center where you can ask for it. That is the way how i got my own ferroseed.
    ... X''') I feel so stupid right now... Ok, I'll do that! Thanks again!

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is Claydol RU or UU, currently? It's analysis page on Smogon says it's UU, but I'm trying to put together an RU team and a lot of pages recommend Claydol as a teammate.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Is Claydol RU or UU, currently? It's analysis page on Smogon says it's UU, but I'm trying to put together an RU team and a lot of pages recommend Claydol as a teammate.
    It just became UU a week back at the beginning of April when the tiers were reshuffled. However the RU analysis haven't been changed yet, so they will have mentions of claydol.

Here is where it was announced.

Post Thanks / Like

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Power Split
    - Rock Slide
    - Gyro Ball
    - Power Trick

What do you think? I have a flawless Shiny Shuckle, but can't decide how to train it. I don't believe the traditional Toxicstall is the best option, although it may well be... If most people think its best then ill give it a go.

Any Ideas? This set is designed to use Power Split to cripple the opponents attack. Then Power Trick. Because Power split increased my attack, its not so mind nummingly suicidal anymore, so I can Sweep with Gyroball or Rock Slide, and still take several hits, especialy rocking leftovers.

And Inputs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

looks sound to me. if i ever need a shuckle, i'll look into this set.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

So, I have the Rash-natured event Raikou from HGSS (the one used to encounter Zoroark). I've trained it for maximum Speed and Special Attack, but I still have a couple questions. Should I invest the remaining 6 EVs in Attack and keep Extremespeed, or should I invest in HP instead and go for Volt Switch or one of the screens? For the rest of his set, I planned on using Thunderbolt, Aura Sphere, and Shadow Ball.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong thread! I don't do this sort of thing often. >.<)

Bishounen Pride! • "Righteousness will always triumph over evil!" • Karis's Fanclub

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypersonic View Post
    So, I have the Rash-natured event Raikou from HGSS (the one used to encounter Zoroark). I've trained it for maximum Speed and Special Attack, but I still have a couple questions. Should I invest the remaining 6 EVs in Attack and keep Extremespeed, or should I invest in HP instead and go for Volt Switch or one of the screens? For the rest of his set, I planned on using Thunderbolt, Aura Sphere, and Shadow Ball.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong thread! I don't do this sort of thing often. >.<)
    It's actually in the right spot, so don't worry about that. I'd go for Special Defense, and not use Extremespeed. Volt Switch can be put there instead. You wouldn't put them in HP as you have a good HP number, but you could do defense as it's not that big of a difference.

Much love to Zurr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Bishie Karis-chan's Youtube Channel

I see. ^^ Alright, thanks for helping. I'm still pretty new to this stuff.

Bishounen Pride! • "Righteousness will always triumph over evil!" • Karis's Fanclub

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypersonic View Post
    I see. ^^ Alright, thanks for helping. I'm still pretty new to this stuff.
    No problem, come back when needed.

Much love to Zurr

Post Thanks / Like

I feel stupid for asking such a noob question but I'm really getting intto EV training and want to eventually battle online for the first time.

Is there any way outside of the Battle Subway where all Pokemon are automatically levelled to 50 or 100? I figure there's a particular Wifi Battle setting or something?
    White FC: 0519 0378 5394

Post Thanks / Like

If you use the WiFi room, you can battle using your level 100, but the wireless room will scale to level 50. Or am I misunderstanding you?
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda, if I do Wifi battles, will my Lvl 73 Tyranitar (for example) automatically be levelled up to 100?
    White FC: 0519 0378 5394