Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post) - Page 160

Page 160 of 183 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2735
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by CommandurrClowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulless shadow View Post
    @Synthesis

lol, that is a smogon set. there are 4. the point is to switch in on something that would fear a scarf kyurem or whatever, then nail the switch in with a glaciate. the rest is self explanatory. except draco meteor. i want dragon pulse there.
    Yeah, just because it's Smogon doesn't mean it's a good set. The only things that will switch in on that, don't care that their Speed has been lowered. Special walls aren't very fast and don't care for speed nine out of ten times: take a look at Blissey, Chansey, Cress, bulky waters and Lax even. The set itself just seems much worse than the standard sets.
    you are just looking at this in one way. what if terrakion, scarftar, scarftran switch into kyurem? and most often they will.
    Well Terrakion dies to a Draco Meteor with easeso I see noreason why they'd risk sending this in unless completely desperate. Besides, the usage of ScarfTran and Scarftar have plummeted a lot. Ttar because of the prevalence of weather and how almost all sets now are bulky sets in order to keep the Weather setupper alive as long as they can. Scarftran is fairly meh, imo, and I rarely see it. Besides, even if you smacked a Heatran on the switch, with Glaciate, what then? You can't do anything to it without the Specs (or at least Life Orb) boost.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Synthesis

lol, that is a smogon set. there are 4. the point is to switch in on something that would fear a scarf kyurem or whatever, then nail the switch in with a glaciate. the rest is self explanatory. except draco meteor. i want dragon pulse there.
    Yeah, just because it's Smogon doesn't mean it's a good set. The only things that will switch in on that, don't care that their Speed has been lowered. Special walls aren't very fast and don't care for speed nine out of ten times: take a look at Blissey, Chansey, Cress, bulky waters and Lax even. The set itself just seems much worse than the standard sets.
    you are just looking at this in one way. what if terrakion, scarftar, scarftran switch into kyurem? and most often they will.
    Well Terrakion dies to a Draco Meteor with easeso I see noreason why they'd risk sending this in unless completely desperate. Besides, the usage of ScarfTran and Scarftar have plummeted a lot. Ttar because of the prevalence of weather and how almost all sets now are bulky sets in order to keep the Weather setupper alive as long as they can. Scarftran is fairly meh, imo, and I rarely see it. Besides, even if you smacked a Heatran on the switch, with Glaciate, what then? You can't do anything to it without the Specs (or at least Life Orb) boost.
    focus blast kills heatran straight away. and scarftar's usage has infact increased greatly after excadrill's banning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

@Synthesis

focus blast kills heatran straight away. and scarftar's usage has infact increased greatly after excadrill's banning.
    Focus miss is Focus miss, but yeah I forgot about it. Then I guess Glaciate could work. It's interesting and has its uses.

Blog Entries

allright, i'm creating a rain entry-hazards team with a drizzle-toed, tentacruel and ferrothorn(and maybe gliscor for handling breloom)core. I want some suggestions for:
    1) a sr'er(don't suggest t-tar, duh?)
    2) spin blocker(don't suggest jellicent, since the rotom-w weakness is already painful)
    3) a phazer.
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

allright, i'm creating a rain entry-hazards team with a drizzle-toed, tentacruel and ferrothorn(and maybe gliscor for handling breloom)core. I want some suggestions for:
    2) spin blocker(don't suggest jellicent, since the rotom-w weakness is already painful)
    3) a phazer.
    1) Ferrothorn (just run dual hazards on it)
    2) none, unless you want Gengar or Sableye
    3) Dragonite or Latias

Blog Entries

3) a phazer.
    1) Like Heath said, Ferrothorn works definitely, but consider Bronzong too. It has so many useful resistances for a Rain team, isn't too bothered by Fire moves in Rain, Screens, Hypnosis, etc.
    2) Eh, Sableye. It won't last long against Starmie, but beats Donphan, Hitmontop, Forertress and all other physical-based ones with WoW.
    3) Dragonite has amazing synergy with Ferrothorn and Rain teams in general.

Blog Entries

@CommandurrClowncrete

for the spin blocker... i'm liking gengar.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Will changing Fire Punch to Fire Fang (Tyranitar) because I just realized that It learns it in a previous Generation), a good or bad idea?

Blog Entries

@PrimalDialgaPrime

fire punch is a better attack, as it has a higher base power and higher accuracy. if you can't get fire punch, use fire fang. but i'd save that as a last resort.

Thanks to Extroph on serebii forums for the banner!

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

Blog Entries

NONONO
    Fire Blast >> physical fire attack. Stuff like Forrtress can actually survive fire punch but are messed up a lot by Fireblast.

Blog Entries

NONONO
    Fire Blast >> physical fire attack. Stuff like Forrtress can actually survive fire punch but are messed up a lot by Fireblast.
    It lives Fire Blast too cause of Sturdy

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Is Little Cup metagame a thing?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

What do you mean by "a thing"? Is it real? Yes, it's real.

LC (B/W) - Smogon University

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

I know, but like, there's people who use just ubers, just OU, just NU, etc. but do people battle with just LC Pokes?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

People do, but they usually battle LC on a simulator like PO. You'd be hard pushed to find someone to have a LC battle with on Wi-Fi due to the nature of it (Lv.5 only and fully EV'd is a tough combination). Not impossible to find on PO most likely, but not many people do it on Wi-Fi from what I've seen.

Edit: Of course, if you're not into EV's and such, then I see no reason why you couldn't just battle with a bunch of level 5 first stage mons either.
    Last edited by Zeb; 9th March 2012 at 08:35 PM.